Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

Lost wheel earns Vergne a ten-place penalty

Jean-Eric Vergne will be moved back ten places on the grid after a wheel came off his car during practice.

Toro Rosso have also been fined ?30,000 (?24,500) for the incident in which the right-rear wheel came off Vergne?s car during the second practice session.

?This is regarded as a serious offence and the stewards are of the opinion that this was a significant breach of the safety requirements,? the stewards ruled.

?The stewards request the FIA technical delegate to satisfy himself as to the compliance of the two Toro Rosso cars with Article 14.7 of the FIA Formula One Technical Regulations and Technical
Directive TD/017?13 prior to their further participation in the event. The FIA technical delegate is also requested to examine all other cars in the Event to confirm compliance with Article 14.7 and TD/017?13.?

Toro Rosso?s head of vehicle performance Laurent Mekies said: ?Unfortunately we had an issue with Jev?s pit stop at the end of his long run, when we lost a wheel as soon as he left the pit lane, but luckily no one was injured.?

?We have to understand exactly what went wrong and make sure we can correct that for tomorrow.?

Perez losing his wing mirror...

[snip]

Please please please just link to that gif rather than dropping a random 12mb gif into the thread :) I was wondering why my programme that I was watching just suddenly fell over itself for 2 minutes... then came back to this thread :P

Please please please just link to that gif rather than dropping a random 12mb gif into the thread :) I was wondering why my programme that I was watching just suddenly fell over itself for 2 minutes... then came back to this thread :p

Whoops, sorry! Still in the timeframe to edit the post, so I just did that.

The joke that keeps on giving crashed out in his out-lap in Q1!

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

If Lotus aren't getting buyer's remorse they should have been. Common sense dictates that when you spin off you apply the breaks and lift the throttle, you don't desperately try and fiddle with the clutch. Even by Maldonado's standards a very amateurish mistake.

Thrilled to see Lewis on pole again there, he's really doing it when it counts, and he was under pressure there.

forza ferrari :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I didn't have a chance to watch the qualifying (I do have a life away from screens sometimes). Going by the times though it doesn't look like any other team has caught up with Mercedes yet.

If anything they're probably even further ahead. The pace of their car is going to make those that said they thought the car lacked downforce look a touch foolish.

Really thought Nico had the upper hand during qualy, maybe the Vettel incident threw him a bit or Lewis just waited till the last run to show what he really had. Neither had a particulaly clean run but i think that was nigh on impossible with the track/tyre conditions.

Glad for Roman Grojean, i really like the sound of his engineer over the radio :)

During Friday practice Lewis was about a second faster than Nico and 1.5-2 seconds faster than everyone else on the track. It will be interesting to see if the changes to his car reduce that during the race or if his problems were simply quali specific.

Really though the signs are ominous for the competition, speed at Barcelona usually means speed everywhere.

Maldonado getting the reject of the weekend out of the way early this time :laugh:

Looking like it might be an interesting midfield again.

Mercedes have scary pace. Sometimes they don't look like they even have to push the car.

It doesn't just look like it - they don't have to push the car, period. What we're witnessing here is a dominance akin to that of McLaren-Honda in 1988, Williams-Renault in 1992 and exceeding that of Red Bull in 2013.

Pastor needs out of F1 - period!!

Wish I could like this more than once. I'm surprised none of the drivers have petitioned to have him kicked out yet; he's got away with so much dangerous driving so far. I have an bad feeling that no one's going to speak up until after he sends another driver to the hospital, or even worse...

Lewis hsa a habbit of pulling something out of the bag when it counts but I really didn't expect that, I thought Nico had this and I bet he did too, feel sorry for the guy. I don't think RBR ever had that kind of gap to other cars in the field in their 3 years of dominance, maybe .5 or .6 but a full second is rediculous.

I just hope they don't do a Brawn and fall off the cliff 7 races in, I would love to see Hamilton get a second title under his belt.

Lewis hsa a habbit of pulling something out of the bag when it counts but I really didn't expect that, I thought Nico had this and I bet he did too, feel sorry for the guy. I don't think RBR ever had that kind of gap to other cars in the field in their 3 years of dominance, maybe .5 or .6 but a full second is rediculous.

I just hope they don't do a Brawn and fall off the cliff 7 races in, I would love to see Hamilton get a second title under his belt.

lets just wait till mercedes stops bringing new parts on the car and starts to fine tune their setup. i expect the gap to increase even more.

Don't follow this type of racing much anymore but I've always been an under dog kind of person, so my vote goes to Sergio Perez!

About the only name in the list I recognize anyway!

People think that NASCAR is boring just driving around in circles, but I find this type racing the most boring!