Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

seen this on tv live and thought it was a nice gesture. i think the team knows pretty well that they would not have achieved such success with their other driver during 2010 and 2013  :)

Possibly the original Hamilton vs. Rosberg feud (thanks to WTF1 for posting)...

It'll probably be the same outcome tomorrow, but it probably won't be as civilised. :P

Was I the only one to have spotted that Williams have changed their branding slightly this weekend? From Martini Williams Racing to just Williams Racing. Naturally, this is because UAE is an Islamic country. Still, one for the eagle-eyed viewers.

I think we can congratulate the 2014 World Champion Lewis Hamilton at this point. With Rosberg's car malfunctioning there is just no way he'll be able to challenge Hamilton for the win.

It's sad that Rosberg's car robbed the viewers of a straight fight but I believe Hamilton had enough pace to hold on regardless so ultimately what Rosberg said after the race was right, it wouldn't have made much difference. It's been a great season and Hamilton is driving better than ever in his career, if the merc is as good next year as it was this year I think he's going to be unstoppable next year. Mercedes have also done an outstanding job, first time 700 points have been broken in a constructor's championship, and a record for most wins in a season. Congratulations to Hamilton and Mercedes.

first time 700 points have been broken in a constructor's championship

The shine does get taken off that achievement a bit, as it only happened because of that stupid double points rule, which thankfully isn't coming back next year.

Glad to see Hamilton win the championship and get to stand on the top step on the podium.

It was pretty much done after the first corner though. Unless Hamiltons car had an issue.

If we ignore Spa. Rosberg was a great second for the championship.

Hopefully next year Williams can take the fight to Mercedes. Maybe even Mclaren if Honda give them a decent power unit.

The shine does get taken off that achievement a bit, as it only happened because of that stupid double points rule, which thankfully isn't coming back next year.

If you make an allowance for the normal points rule they still set the record for most points scored by a team since the new points scheme.

Glad to see a Brit win in a British car. Yeah I know it's supposed to be a German team but the chassis and engine are built in England.

Also nice to see a cheating German loose out for a change. Schumacher and Vettel, as well as to an extent Rosberg (even though he is about as German as McDonalds) cheated their way to glory.

The worse thing for me being Tifosi is I'm now obliged to cheer for Vettel.

N.B. I am in no way against Germans or Germany per se, visited there several times, but it's the only link between them.

Ferrari replace Mattiacci as team principal

Ferrari have confirmed the replacement of Marco Mattiacci as team principal, seven months after he took the job.

Mattiacci?s place will be taken by Maurizio Arrivabene, who has joined Ferrari from their sponsor Philip Morris, which owns the Marlboro tobacco brand.

We decided to appoint Maurizio Arrivabene because, at this historic moment in time for the scuderia and for Formula One, we need a person with a thorough understanding not just of Ferrari but also of the governance mechanisms and requirements of the sport,? said Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne.

?Maurizio has a unique wealth of knowledge: he has been extremely close to the scuderia for years and, as a member of the F1 Commission, is also keenly aware of the challenges we are facing.

He has been a constant source of innovative ideas focused on revitalisation of Formula One. His managerial experience on a highly complex and closely regulated market is also of great importance, and will help him manage and motivate the team. I am delighted to have been able to secure his leadership for our racing activities.?

?We would also like to thank Marco Mattiacci for his service to Ferrari in the last 15 years and we wish him well in his future endeavours,? added Marchionne.

Source: F1 Fanatic

So they fire him instead of giving him his old job back? That's pretty lame. I'm not a fan of his and especially when he insulted Alonso with his comment towards Vettel. Marco you idiot, do you realize how many millions of euros you need to spend in car development to bring the half a second a lap that Alonso brings? 

Formula 1 bosses have apologised for the 2014 season after admitting it was ?too interesting?.

?We are deeply sorry for any excitement people may have experienced in this regrettable season,? said an F1 spokesman. ?With the dull engine sounds and some especially joyless tracks, we had high hopes for the sheer tedium of this season but unfortunately things went the other way and even our ######, ###### double points idea couldn?t take the shine off it.?

?We will be taking steps to ensure that the so-called ?drama? and ?excitement? of races like Britain and Hungary does not happen again,? the spokesman explained.  ?We must look to the Russian Grand Prix for an example of what F1 should be: An achingly tedious procession of cars driving around what appears to be a light industrial estate plastered in Rolex adverts.?

?We must get back to the very spirit of Formula 1,? the sport?s representative continued. ?That is to say, an excuse for millions of people to have a nice nap on a Sunday afternoon.?

F1 organisers say some of the responsibility for reducing excitement must lie with the teams who will be encouraged to think carefully about their plans for next season. ?A few more mid-level pay drivers wouldn?t hurt,? an insider admitted. ?And hopefully McLaren will ditch Jenson Button in favour of that chap who isn't as good.?

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/11/24/f1-bosses-apologise/#.VHM8sFWsVjl