Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

I'm quite shocked by Caterham, I checked the Crowd Cube at around 11am today and they were at 57%, just saw an article saying they will make it to Abu Dhabi and they are at 80%!

I wonder who they are going to get to drive for them, Ericsson cut his ties earlier (bet he's kinda wishing he hadn't) now. I know there was talk of Barichello making a one race comeback but I assumed that was for Brazil and it being his home turf.

Jules Bianchi has been transferred to a French hospital and is no longer in an induced coma, the injured French Formula 1 driver's family said in a statement on Wednesday.

Seven weeks after Bianchi suffered serious head injuries in a crash at the Japanese Grand Prix, his family has revealed that there are encouraging signs of progress.

Although he remains unconscious and is still in a "critical" condition, he is now breathing unaided and doctors agreed he was able to be moved from hospital in Yokkaichi to Le Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice.

The statement said: "Jules is no longer in the artificial coma in which he was placed shortly after the accident, however he is still unconscious.

"He is breathing unaided and his vital signs are stable, but his condition is still classified as 'critical'. His treatment now enters a new phase concerned with the improvement of his brain function.

"Jules' neurological condition remains stable. Although the situation continues to be serious, and may remain so, it was decided that Jules was sufficiently stable to be repatriated to his native France.

"We are relieved, therefore, to confirm that Jules was transferred aeromedically last night from the Mie Prefectural General Medical Center in Yokkaichi, Japan, to Le Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice (CHU), where he arrived just a short time ago.

"Jules is now in the intensive care unit of Professors Raucoules and Ichai, where his care will also be monitored by Professor Paquis, Head of Neurosurgery Service."

Bianchi's family said they were thankful that, after nearly two months in Japan, the next phase of his recovery would be taking place closer to home.

"We are thankful that the next phase of Jules' treatment can continue close to home, where he can be surrounded and supported by his wider family and friends," added the statement.

"We have nothing but praise for the outstanding care provided by the Mie Prefectural General Medical Center since the accident.

"We owe the medical staff there an enormous debt of gratitude for everything they have done for Jules, and also for our family, during what is a very difficult time for us.

"In particular, we would like to extend our thanks to Doctors Kamei and Yamamichi, and also to Mr Ogura, all part of the team of personnel caring for Jules in Japan."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116834

That seems like great news!

I can't remember exactly but I'm sure Shumacher remained in an induced coma for a lot longer than Jules seems to be. I'm sure there is still a long way to go in the recovery but this is positive :)

27497.3.jpg

Ferrari has confirmed Sebastian Vettel will join its team on a three-year deal to drive alongside Kimi Raikkonen next year.

Vettel's move to Ferrari has been public knowledge since Red Bull announced he would be leaving in early October, but the deal was only officially announced on the Thursday ahead of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The four-time champion joins the team after a lacklustre year for Ferrari and replaces Fernando Alonso, but he is optimistic he can build Ferrari into a winning team again.

"The next stage of my Formula One career will be spent with Scuderia Ferrari and for me that means the dream of a lifetime has come true," he said. "When I was a kid, Michael Schumacher in the red car was my greatest idol and now it's an incredible honour to finally get the chance to drive a Ferrari.

"I already got a small taste of what the Ferrari spirit means, when I took my first win at Monza in 2008, with an engine from the Prancing Horse built in Maranello. The Scuderia has a great tradition in this sport and I am extremely motivated to help the team get back to the top. I will put my heart and soul into making it happen."

Team principal Marco Mattiacci is hoping Vettel will be able to reinvigorate his team after such a disappointing season.

"Scuderia Ferrari has decided to put its faith in the youngest multiple champion in the history of Formula One" - commented Scuderia Ferrari Team Principal, Marco Mattiacci. "In Formula One terms, Sebastian Vettel is a unique combination of youthfulness and experience and he brings with him that sense of team spirit which will prove invaluable when, together with Kimi, they tackle the challenges awaiting us, as we aim to be front runners again as soon as possible.

"With Sebastian, we all share a thirst for victory as well as enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and tenacity; key elements for all the Scuderia members to write a new chapter in the history of Ferrari."

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport/story/184583.html#WBd7biTIOMSgqtfb.99

Romain Grosjean will be relegated 20 places on the grid for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and will have to carry out further penalties during the race if he is unable to serve it in full.

The Lotus driver will use his sixth internal combustion engine, turbocharger and MGU-H this weekend. He therefore earned three grid penalties of ten, five and a further five places for the infractions, giving him a total grid penalty of 20 places.

The stewards also ruled that if Grosjean is unable to serve the entire penalty this weekend ? which is certain as there are only 20 cars in the field ? he will serve other penalties during the race instead as follows:

Remainder of grid penalty - Race penalty
1-5 places - Five second time penalty
6-10 places - Ten second time penalty
11-15 places - Drive-through penalty
16-20 places - Ten second stop-go penalty

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/11/21/grosjean-given-20-place-grid-penalty/

Smaller gap then their was in FP1 but Hamilton is looking good at the moment. He has a pretty good track record here so I'm expecting him to maybe get pole (we know how good Rosberg is at grabbing the smallest advantage) but I definitely think he'll Win the race.

phteven.JPG

striking similarity to a certain someone  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Smaller gap then their was in FP1 but Hamilton is looking good at the moment. He has a pretty good track record here so I'm expecting him to maybe get pole (we know how good Rosberg is at grabbing the smallest advantage) but I definitely think he'll Win the race.

hamliton can only beat himself by over- and outdriving. the car itself is so good, it probably would finish 2nd even starting dead last as overtaking is easy in abu dhabi. really technical issues aside, hami has the title. if that means he should take the risk to beat rosberg no matter what, i am not sure.