Neowin's NHL Discussion Thread

Barnaby is an avalanche now??? holy ****! i dont see that on any websites yet... better tune into TSN

btw... Avalanche are destroying Vancouver!! 8-2 with 15 left in the 3rd period

and Zednik is on fire... Player of the week and 1g 1a against anaheim so far

thanks StainD

anyone see that cheapshot Bertuzzi did on Morris? What a pansy... pretty much the same thing McSorley did to Brashear except with his first. I hope the leage comes down on him hard... that kind of sh!t is just tasteless for a "superstar" like Bertuzzi

Just in:

Florida Panthers Trade Valeri Bure to the Dallas Stars for Prospect: Drew Bagnall and a Draft Pick

//

Stars get Bure from the Panthers

TSN.ca Staff

3/9/2004

The Dallas Stars have acquired winger Valeri Bure from the Florida Panthers in exchange for prospect Drew Bagnall and a draft pick.

Bure, the Panthers' leading scorer with 45 points in 55 games, will add some scoring punch to a Stars offence that has scored only 160 goals this season, 20th in the NHL.

A five-time 20-goal scorer, 29 year-old Bure has 393 points in 608 career games.

The draft pick is a compensatory pick that the Stars owned for losing free agent defenceman Derian Hatcher.

Bagnall, a defenceman, was a 6th round pick of the Stars in 2003 and had 18 points in 37 games as a freshman at St. Lawrence University.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=75623

Edited by xStainDx

thanks StainD

anyone see that cheapshot Bertuzzi did on Morris? What a pansy... pretty much the same thing McSorley did to Brashear except with his first. I hope the leage comes down on him hard... that kind of sh!t is just tasteless for a "superstar" like Bertuzzi

Actually it was Steve Moore who got cheap-shotted by Bertuzzi.

All I can say is the the Canucks are a bunch of Gutless Punks.

By the way, McSorely hasn't played since that incident.

yeai realize that... i only saw a clip of it during the Habs game in french when i posted that so i just saw that 5sec clip once. Also i didnt steal that mcsorely comparison either, after i posted and the habs game was over is aw the same comparison being made on the other stations

apparently Moore came out of concusion and is at Vancouver General. I hope Bertuzzi doesnt play the rest the season. I think it was Morris or Hinote said that Crawford was laughing on the bench when the incident happened... what a coward to come off after the post game interview and say he was sorry and hurt and all that BS.

I haven't kept an eye much on hockey since the jets left winnipeg... Manitobans are still 'sorta' mourning the loss of the jets after years since they left, too bad they left :(

There were rumors of a team wanting to re-locate to winnipeg but it was total BS

Steve Moore got what he deserved...

u know what they say, Payback is a bitch!

if he takes out our best player, don't be surprised when we come after you...

since the league didnt' take any actions on moore when he cheap-shot naslund, we went vigilante on his ass!

since the league didnt' take any actions on moore when he cheap-shot naslund, we went vigilante on his ass!

Brad May did put a personal bounty on Steve Moore's head (ala Slapshot).

I guess Todd Bertuizzi gets to collect.

Can the Hanson Brothers be far behind? :p

the only bitch here is Bertuzzi...

Screw you and screw anyone else who thinks that was payback. That was not payback, it was a cheap lowshot from a ###### who couldn't control his anger. The hit before was not even 1/4 as bad.

And like bayrider said, payback is not the bitch, bertuzzi is. What a dumb ass. I am living in Canada right now for school and I could not be more embarrassed to live here right now. And then most of the crowd supported it. What is wrong with you people.

**** bertuzzi and the rest of you.

You would have thought the Canucks would have used their anger to fuel the passion for the game and drive them to victory, guess not, 9-2, hahahahahahahahahahaha. They got what they deserved.

I hope bertuzzi never steps another foot on the ice, and if he does, I am sure I will be right there booing him.

Canucks Suck.

Screw you and screw anyone else who thinks that was payback. That was not payback, it was a cheap lowshot from a ###### who couldn't control his anger. The hit before was not even 1/4 as bad.

He'll be suspended for the rest of the regular season (13 games) plus it likely that it'll extend into the first round of the playoffs.

The league needs to drop the instagator rule. Steve Moore should be have been punched up every time he stepped on the ice. The problem with Burtuzzi is that he blindsided him from behind and then rode him, face first, into the ice. That deserves a suspension.

He'll be suspended for the rest of the regular season (13 games) plus it likely that it'll extend into the first round of the playoffs.

The league needs to drop the instagator rule. Steve Moore should be have been punched up every time he stepped on the ice. The problem with Burtuzzi is that he blindsided him from behind and then rode him, face first, into the ice. That deserves a suspension.

Suspension? I think he deserves a suspension for the rest of the season and ALL playoff games.

What a pansy. I still can't believe he did that.

And that's fine if you think he deserved to be hit the whole night, he was, and he had the chance to fight back, the way hockey fights are supposed to happen.

He practically stalked him like a ###### all around the ice before he did it too. Surprising, I thought most hockey players had balls, guess this one slipped though.

Steve Moore has a broken neck. He still has full movement.

Vancouver Police will decide whether to lay charges or not in the next 24 hours.

Update: The Police will have a press conference this morning (Pacific time)

Update2: Steve Moore also has a broken jaw.

Edited by fred666

I didn't see the hit but from the description on ESPN, it was pretty harsh. Thats the only way Bertuzzi could do anything, was a crappy player anyways. Theres a big difference between a good check and getting personal. Its a game, not a death match. Canucks just can't win fairly.

I didn't see the hit but from the description on ESPN, it was pretty harsh. Thats the only way Bertuzzi could do anything, was a crappy player anyways. Theres a big difference between a good check and getting personal. Its a game, not a death match. Canucks just can't win fairly.

Bertuzzi is NOT a crappy player. Crappy thinker, perhaps, but he's a top 25 player in the league.

Canucks can't win unfairly either it would seem. They lost the game 9-2.

Morris' hit on Naslund wasn't anything that isn't a part of hockey... Naslund had his head down and I THINK Moore was skating to the bench and tried to get as much of Naslund as he could. It didnt look that bad, 'only' a concussion. But Blake got a concussion yesterday as he fell down and no one made a huge deal out of that. Moore did what he had to last night. i think he did fight May... i'm not too sure i didnt watch the game, but being stalked for 15secs by Bertuzzi up and down the ice then pulling that ###### cheapshot on him then jumping him from behind while driving his head into the ice was nowhere near as bad as that clip Moore did on Naslund. If you can justify that as retaliation then i think you need to have your head checked. What's worse is that the dumbass Canuck fans and most importantly, Crawford, were cheering and laughing at the event. The instant i saw that 10sec clip during the Habs game i was disgusted. Even Morris or Hinote said that Crawford was laughing while it happened. I hope the remainder of the season is a disaster for the Canucks, just like last year was when the Avs beat them in the points race, Naslund lost his scoring title to Forsberg and Bertuzzi lost to Hejduk for the most goals in just the last few games of the season.

Morris' hit on Naslund wasn't anything that isn't a part of hockey... Naslund had his head down and I THINK Moore was skating to the bench and tried to get as much of Naslund as he could. It didnt look that bad, 'only' a concussion.

There is no doubt that Bertuzzi's hit was MUCH, MUCH worse than Steve Moore's hit last week or so. Steve Moore did have something coming to him but Bertuzzi's reaction was just crazy. I still think the league needs to drop the instigator rule. I'd rather see the old-time bench-clearing brawls then what Bertuzzi did.

I'm not saying Moore's hit was a good one... but its a part of hockey, it happens all the time esp when u have your head down near center ice. Revenge was necessary, it's what u do to a player who takes out your superstar forward for a few games. Didn't Moore and May fight? i understand fighting Moore, checking him, maybe knocking him out for a game or so... but not hiting him from behind when he isnt expecting it cracking his vertabrae and almost paralyzing him. This is the kind of fighting that doesnt belong in hockey. IMO this goes down with Mcsorleys slash on Brashear or Claude Lemieux hit on Draper.

I'm not saying Moore's hit was a good one... but its a part of hockey, it happens all the time esp when u have your head down near center ice. Revenge was necessary, it's what u do to a player who takes out your superstar forward for a few games. Didn't Moore and May fight? i understand fighting Moore, checking him, maybe knocking him out for a game or so... but not hiting him from behind when he isnt expecting it cracking his vertabrae and almost paralyzing him. This is the kind of fighting that doesnt belong in hockey. IMO this goes down with Mcsorleys slash on Brashear or Claude Lemieux hit on Draper.

I'm in full agreement. I think they should have picked a fight with Moore every time the puck was dropped with him on the ice. The instigator rule needs to go. I realize they are trying to take the violence out of the game (with the instigator rule) but it just encourages more violent stick work, dirty hits, attempts to injure and whatever the heck you call Bertuzzi's attack.

Looks like someone already posted it, but I just heard it on the radio.

Moore has a broken jaw and a broken neck. That is just ridiculous.

I hope Bertuzzi gets thrown in jail for a long time and is never allowed to play hockey professionally again.

Unbelievable.