Neowin's NHL Discussion Thread

Bertuzzi was out of line. Granted Moore laid out Naslund but Tuzzi's actions were uncalled for.

On a lighter note the trade deadling went down and my Leafs got the veteran Ron Francis. Colorado getting Salo is clearly the biggest trade today though.

No matter what the Canucks do today, in which they did a couple trades, they are in trouble. I think they're out of the playoffs already now. Bertuzzi's actions has taken a huge blow not only on the team, but also on the fans. It's just sad, considering they could've turned it around before the second period was over last nite. But, I'm not shifting all the blame to Bert, as the whole team was just crap (except for May, Linden and Cooke) The goaltending needs drastic work again, defence is lacking sorely again, everything is coming back from last year. But, I'm not even gonna put that over the nucks completely as another source was the stupid officiating. One sided all nite, clearly last nite's game was not a hockey game at all as not only were both teams undisciplined, but the refs did nothing but support the whole damn thing, more so for the Aves and against the Nucks.

These are my views, I've stood by them since the All Star game and I still stand by them now. I'm sorry but I think the Canucks are done again this year.

Cheers (and see y'all for soccer!)

Bertuzzi was out of line. Granted Moore laid out Naslund but Tuzzi's actions were uncalled for.

On a lighter note the trade deadling went down and my Leafs got the veteran Ron Francis. Colorado getting Salo is clearly the biggest trade today though.

The big deal of the day was Greg De Vries to Ottawa. Salo is only going to be a backup in Colorado.

The big deal of the day was Greg De Vries to Ottawa. Salo is only going to be a backup in Colorado.

I wouldn't say that too quickly. The next bad game Abicsher has they'll be all over him. The media will demand a changing of the guard and I bet you'll see it. Ge Vries is big news, and I'm actually kind of jealous as I wish that T.O. would have get him. As for Gratton he'll be a fourth liner behind Nikolishin.

first off, the canucks are definetly not done, we barely started....what do you think burke got rucinsky & sanderson for, nucks are far from done.

on to bertuzzi...i think every canuck fan wanted some revenge but not like this, and i know neither did bertz he was trying to get him to fight but his frustration got the best of him. I dont think bertz deserves all this sh*t, this type of stuff happens many times in hockey just this time a player got seriously hurt. Also the police need to stay out of this, what happens on the ice is hockey business.

i think 7-10 games is enough, no need to make a example out of bertz at this point in the season, they shoulda started doing that a long time ago if they wanted too.

first off, the canucks are definetly not done, we barely started....what do you think burke got rucinsky & sanderson for, nucks are far from done.

on to bertuzzi...i think every canuck fan wanted some revenge but not like this, and i know neither did bertz he was trying to get him to fight but his frustration got the best of him. I dont think bertz deserves all this sh*t, this type of stuff happens many times in hockey just this time a player got seriously hurt. Also the police need to stay out of this, what happens on the ice is hockey business.

i think 7-10 games is enough, no need to make a example out of bertz at this point in the season, they shoulda started doing that a long time ago if they wanted too.

The acquistiotions of Rucinsky and Sanderson do not file the void of no Todd Bertuzzi. Tuzzi is a physical presences in the oppositions zone and forechecks like a beast. Sanderson nor Rucinsky will do this for Naslund or Morrison. Granted they are great pick ups but do not fill the loss of Bertuzzi and force Naslund and Morrison to learn a new style with 10 games left to play. It won't happen and I hate to say it as I'm a 'nucks fan, but they are done my friend.

I realise Tuzzi didn't plan to mug Steve Moore like he did but that does not excuse his actions. He tweaked but he is a professional and that can't happen. In retrospect, Tuzzi should have turned Moore around and drilled him square in the face. That would have been more acceptable for everyone. As for the police, I totally agree with you. This would set a horrible precident for all sports.

Finally, I disagree with your suspension. I think he'll get the season and playoffs. Then we'll have the CBA lockout and that means it will be a while until we see Tuzzi play again.

On a side note, I predict that Todd's actions will cost him a spot on the world cup team Canada. We can't have a player whom exhibit this type of behaviour represent us on a world stage. It's not fair as he's a great player but it'll happen. Sorry Tuzzi fans. :(

You know, it's funny how the Canucks are always complaining that they're getting too many penalties and how the refs suck, blah, blah, blah, etc. Well, perhaps if they wouldn't play grunt hockey they'd get a few calls every now and then. I guess that's what karma's for, eh? ;)

Watching his press conference right now... Honestly, I can't tell if he's sorry for injuring Moore or if he's going to be out for the playoffs. I'd like to say that most of it was honest and he's sorry for hurting Moore the way he did, but I don't know if he is. He can say that he is, but watching the replays I find it somewhat hard to believe. He said "I don't play the game that way," but he does. I have nothing against Bert, he's an amazing player, but I think he was faking some of it. He may truly be sorry, however.

I think he was partly sorry for himself and moore.. I mean, the guy knows he has a mark on his career now.. how would you feel :( I love Bert, and he plays the game well, but the punishment was necessary and I hope it shows players thinking to do a vicious act that they will be severly punished.

Pittsburgh 4 games in a row thats great. THey are the equalizer

I can't believe that Pittsberg beat my Leafs. We out played/shot/chanced them but because we had Trevor Kidd in we lost. Letting in 2 out of 3 shots is unacceptable. I'm calling for his head.

Habs beat your leafs too :)

whats up with the leafs? maybe they'll pick up in the playoffs

I sure hope so cause right now they aren't looking so hot. :(

Tampa is not strong enough for the playoffs. They have tonnes of skill but not enough physical presence. Also the lack of experience will hurt them in the long run.

Experience is the most over rated thing in any sports post season. Anaheim was a Teemu Selanne trade away from holding that cup last year. Talent and heart will always conquer experience. If you are coached well and stick to your gameplan you will win. You only need a great goaltender in the playoffs. Look at Philly the last couple years, they had talent and 'experience' but Cechmanek couldn't stop a damn thing. You only go as far as your goaltender carries you. Anaheim went to game 7 with no experience and no experience, so experience holds no water. Broduer was there hot goalie and that is why they won.

Experience is the most over rated thing in any sports post season. Anaheim was a Teemu Selanne trade away from holding that cup last year. Talent and heart will always conquer experience. If you are coached well and stick to your gameplan you will win. You only need a great goaltender in the playoffs. Look at Philly the last couple years, they had talent and 'experience' but Cechmanek couldn't stop a damn thing. You only go as far as your goaltender carries you. Anaheim went to game 7 with no experience and no experience, so experience holds no water. Broduer was there hot goalie and that is why they won.

Errmm... aren't we optimistic. The fact is when crunch time come you want the guys who have been to the big dance to lead you. Teemu would not have won the ducks the cup. Sorry man but you're dreaming. Anahiem didn't have their talent carry them. They had a hot goalie yes but they also played a boring style that anyone can do to win. Brodeur is experienced and thus he didn't choke in the last round. Giguere did.