Neowin's NHL Discussion Thread

:D

draper, lang and dandenault coming back within the next week will help us too. :D sad to see joseph is out the rest of the season though. hope he's ready a few game's into round 1. :cry:

well crap, Oil lost, so now even if they win the rest of their games, the odds are still slightly against them not making it. And winning all their games requires them to beat Dallas and Vancouver, not the easiest games by any means.

sucks for edmonton, i would've liked to see them instead of nashville but oh well.

good news on the detroit front though, lang and drapes coming back tonight. :D

They just said that Messier was retiring... Hmmm, not on NHL.com that I can see yet.. Well apparantly he is going to retire in the off season, it would probably be a good idea, Link

Well Edmonton came back with a win tonight, might still knock out nashville considering 2 outta nashvilles 3 last games are tough and if they go that way and edmonton wins against vancouver, they'll be out and Oil will be in, so it isn't outta the picture yet.

:o YES, for the FIRST time in SEVEN YEARS, CALGARY HAS CLINCHED A PLAYOFF SPOT!!! :yes:

cool! We might play you in the first round of the playoffs though :p (Vancouver)

Well Edmonton came back with a win tonight, might still knock out nashville considering 2 outta nashvilles 3 last games are tough and if they go that way and edmonton wins against vancouver, they'll be out and Oil will be in, so it isn't outta the picture yet.

Only through one period but this isn't good for Edmonton:

Predators 2

Blackhawks 0

Edited by fred666

Only through one period but this isn't good for Edmonton:

Predators 2

Blackhawks 0

That was Nashvilles easy game, it was expected they'ld win... it would have been a major bonus for Nashville to lose. Now St. Louis and Nashville face off Saturday. If someone wins that game, the winner will be outta reach for edmonton, if they tie, then edmonton can take soul possession of 7th place. Either way, edmonton will have atleast 1 team that they can surpass. Nashville and St.louis both playing respectable opponents the very next day in the AFTERNOON, notably, Nashville is playing Colorado. St. Louis will be up against Minnesota only, but atleast they're a team that'll give you a tough game to the very end of the season well after their fate has been decided. But Colorado will be fighting for position still, and no team wants to lose going into the playoffs no matter what.

EDIT: as well Vancouver will be coming off a tough game against San Jose and then have to come back next day to play the Oil, I hope for the sake of the Oilers, Vancouver beats San Jose to give Colorado the extra incentive for beating Nashville to gain position over Vancouver with their loss to the oil, and with all that in place, no canadian teams in the west will have to play each other first round :D

w00tage

Edited by Erich

The Oil won't beat my Canucks ;)

That's not nice! In years Oil made playoffs and calgary didn't, I was hoping Oil would lose in OT (of course for the extra point) just so more canadian teams could make the playoffs.

I totally want them to make the playoffs don't get me wrong.. It's just that I want Vancouver to finish really well ;) ... havin my annual hockey party for the first Canuck playoff game at my house. Last year I had 61 people hehe

detroit red wings win the president's trophy! :yes:

I'd rather them not have... now we have to play the Predators. I'd rather play the Blues.

Canucks won...3rd in west first in NW...they are playing awsome.

Dallas won so they are facing the Canucks in the playoffs

Edmonton is out, Nashville is in...what more can i say?

I'd rather them not have... now we have to play the Predators. I'd rather play the Blues.

The Preds will be hungry but I still think you're better off where you are because St. Louis still has some remarkable talent.

As for my Leafs its time for the Sens once more and if Lalime stays down I'd say we have a very good chance at winning.