Neowin's NHL Discussion Thread

Hey Catnip...tonight is your Thrashers against my Stars. If this was any year before I would be pretty confident about a win. But this year...... :no:

yep ill be watching, we havent played well of late so hopefully we can break out of it tonight. i went to two stars games over the holidays (against Philadelphia on the 29th and against Montreal on the 31st, both games were ties) and they dont seem like the same team that has been a powerhouse over the last few years. the game against montreal especially. they looked flat all night, they were a minute away from a 1-0 victory and montreal tied it up. then in overtime they had a 4 on 3 with about 45 seconds to go and they didnt take a single shot. should be a good game though.

haha, Not much of a oil fan but they will win tonight. They're well rested, they'll have their legs, and if your playing a team from the east thats all you need. It throws their formation hockey out the window. :happy:

The Isles are far too streaky.? Hot for a few and not for a bunch.? Edmonton is a fast team that should blow past them.

Maybe some other night.:whistle:e:

Isles Win! 3-2 Fina:D:D

Maybe some other night. :whistle:

Isles Win! 3-2 Final :D

The Isles won because they did something smart for once. They started Dipietro. He's a good goalie and needs experience before he'll be great.

well that sucks, 5 straight losses for atlanta. and now tampa bay is only 2 points back for the division lead and theyve been playing terrible of late. the thrashers didnt get key faceoffs tonight, partly because top faceoff man Marc Savard was out. they need to get things straightened out soon, the division lead is just about gone.

The Isles won because they did something smart for once.  They started Dipietro.  He's a good goalie and needs experience before he'll be great.

Are you insane. Garth Snow helped the isles win those 6 straight games. DP isn't that good sometimes he annoys me by his stupid immature play. :yes:

DP didn't play that well tonight his team balled him out. I guess you didn't even watch the game.

Stars are now 8-0 all-time against the Thrashers. hey i gotta give myself something, cause any good news about Dallas right now is really good to hear.

atlanta is really playing like crap lately...2 games left on the road trip, at san jose tomorrow then at phoenix sunday.. a win or two would be great right about now

atlanta is really playing like crap lately...2 games left on the road trip, at san jose tomorrow then at phoenix sunday.. a win or two would be great right about now

I will be pulling for your Thrashers in both games...and it has nothing to do with Dallas :whistle:

I can't believe it, the Flames lost to chicago, after beating the Rangers (5-0) and Islanders (3-2) in back-to-back nights.

chicago's been beating the good teams and losing to the not-so-good teams this year, it seems. :laugh:

The Isles are far too streaky. Hot for a few and not for a bunch. Edmonton is a fast team that should blow past them.

Plus their goalie situation really isn't too good :no:

Are you insane. Garth Snow helped the isles win those 6 straight games. DP isn't that good sometimes he annoys me by his stupid immature play. :yes:

DP didn't play that well tonight his team balled him out. I guess you didn't even watch the game.

Garth Snow is a backup goalie on any team in the NHL. He's not a star and is not the reason they won 6 straight. It's defensemen like Adrian Aucoin that grind out the victories for the Isles. DP is the future of netminding in long island. The Isles have done so many idiotic things like dealing Luongo. They need to face the fact. DP will be their starter and they need to start working him in.

Yes, but DP really needs to step up his game... But, then again, he does need more starts to do that. So it's not really going to be pretty either way.

It's hard to step up your game when you're not playing like you said. The Isles also need to re-work their line up with less guys like Yashin and more like Aucoin. They've got too much salary in one guy they need to spread it out on a few decent players rather than one star.

Yes, but there's pretty much no one willing to take Yashin on the current market with his large contract and underpreforming seasons.

Who does that sound like? Does the name Jagr mean anything to you? Two very under achieving players. Sad though because they both have so much talent but can't use it in the trap style of today.