Neowin's NHL Discussion Thread

Hold on to you hats.. if he can keep going he'll break the all time record. of like 416Min+ :p

his next game is against atlanta, so lets hope not

i wouldnt be surprised if he did shut us out. its been bad lately. plus, they will be playing on back to back days since were playing san jose this afternoon.

As much as I like Bouch I feel bad for Sean Burke. He's a great goalie as well that doesn't get much respect. I think if Bouch is the Coyotes man then do Burke a favour and deal him so he can play. There are many teams that would kill for a goalie like him.

putting all morals and beleifs aside... what he did was a crime, drinking & driving and manslaughter and he deserves punishment.

Yes, he did a crime. But Snyder's parents are not pressing charges against Heatley, which shows just how good of friends the two were. If this case were in court, but Joe Schmoe was at the wheel, I think the judge would let him off easy as the parents obviously have forgiven him. I believe that a judge would make him do community service, however, which is how it should be, in my opinion. But with Heatley's career he'll probably be put under the light and made a spectacle of.

These are just my opinions of course, though.

He should have to do community service or something but this is America and famous people get away with things like this all the time. If you don't like it try doing something to change it. But you can't make an example of Heatley when many previous others have gotten away with stuff like this.

Yes, he did a crime. But Snyder's parents are not pressing charges against Heatley, which shows just how good of friends the two were. If this case were in court, but Joe Schmoe was at the wheel, I think the judge would let him off easy as the parents obviously have forgiven him. I believe that a judge would make him do community service, however, which is how it should be, in my opinion. But with Heatley's career he'll probably be put under the light and made a spectacle of.

huh? murder is not a civil law... the Snyder's can't override a criminal charge be-it D&D or murder.

huh? murder is not a civil law... the Snyder's can't override a criminal charge be-it D&D or murder.

btw Habs 8-0 over the pens! Souray had 6pts

^ Double post.

The Snyder's decided not to press charges. The state could have charged him but probably because he was famous they opted not to.

Btw, Good for the Habs but the Pens suck. Souray's a shoe in to be on the all star team in my opinion now.

It wasn't murder. :rolleyes:

If anything, he would be charged with a lower count vehiclular manslaughter, at the highest.

It wasn't murder. :rolleyes:

If anything, he would be charged with a lower count vehiclular manslaughter, at the highest.

Hate to squash you here Scorpio but that's still 15 years in the slammer. :no: We never would have seen Heatley in the Nhl again. I feel terrible for the Snyder family but as a fan I'm glad that I'll get to see Heatley play again.

Yes, I know, but that's the highest possible sentence they can give him. I highly doubt the prosecution would even try that, if they do try this case at all.

I doubt they will try him but still if he got the max that would suck for all fans.

well espn is saying he holds the record in the modern day nhl, which started in the 43-44 season. as before that, i'm not sure, maybe thats where you're hearing different.

well espn is saying he holds the record in the modern day nhl, which started in the 43-44 season. as before that, i'm not sure, maybe thats where you're hearing different.

before the 43-44 season there was no red line, and there was no forward passing allowed in the offensive zone. so it was much harder to score. so the record was 400 something before then. he holds the modern era record.