Got Mario Kart 8 today!
Haven't played it yet...
Promised son a quick 10-minute look tonight.
Gonna have a racing marathon this weekend.

Anyone else excited?

-----

Reviews:

Screenshots:

135x100.jpg135x100.jpg135x100.jpg135x100.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/games/wiiu/mario_kart_8/screenshots

Videos:

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) Retro Track Highlights

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) Battle Mode Gameplay

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) Checking Out The New Tracks

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) Off-Screen Footage

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) Multiplayer Gameplay

Edited by Andrew G.
  • Like 2

Gonna play in half an hour.

The Japanese version has a different offer.

You get to download two games, but only get to play them for free for a month.

If you want to keep them, you can purchase them at 40% off.

Not quite as good as a free game....

Aww lame. I am going to grab MK8 and then get Wind Waker!

Have fun playing MK8!

Will be here tomorrow for me. Cannot wait to check it out, and I know I have a game I can just keep going back and going back to.

Will be here tomorrow for me. Cannot wait to check it out, and I know I have a game I can just keep going back and going back to.

me too.. although I have to pick mine up at Bestbuy (had $20 in rewards to use).  Will most likely be getting Wind Waker as my free game, I never got to play it .. only other option for me was Pikmin 3 since I have all the others.

Played it for an hour last night.

The incredible graphics just highlight how awful Mario Kart Wii was.

To be honest, none of the MK games since Super Mario Kart 64 have felt like a true MK game to me, but MK8 seems to have recaptured the magic.

me too.. although I have to pick mine up at Bestbuy (had $20 in rewards to use).  Will most likely be getting Wind Waker as my free game, I never got to play it .. only other option for me was Pikmin 3 since I have all the others.

Yeah if I was smart I would have used my BestBuy Reward points too. I have $35. Oh well have them until August, so will figure out another use for them.

And I am going with Pikmin 3 I believe. Either that or NSMB since I do not own it anymore. But I think it will be Pikmin 3. People rave about what a good game it is.

Yeah if I was smart I would have used my BestBuy Reward points too. I have $35. Oh well have them until August, so will figure out another use for them.

And I am going with Pikmin 3 I believe. Either that or NSMB since I do not own it anymore. But I think it will be Pikmin 3. People rave about what a good game it is.

Good idea, if you need to borrow nsmb just let me know..I don't think I beat it yet but I'm sure I won't be revisiting it anytime soon

Got my copy in the post this morning. Wow is all I can say. This is the best game Nintendo have pushed out since the 64. It's one of those games I'm not going to be able to put down for a while.

I grabbed a copy of Sonic (I already own the other better games in the list). The code was delivered instantly.

Mine just arrived at my desk. Will be playing all weekend i reckon. Grabbed a copy of Pikmin too which is awesome as i loved the old GC ones. (And i have the windwaker WiiU so dont need that one)

Just curious, are there any updates for the game? I want to know if when I get home from work I should set it all up and let my WiiU grab any updates or patches it may need to play the game, as it is terribly slow in doing so. Just want to make sure I am all ready to go for when I finally check it out later on at night.

TIA,

DL

Just curious, are there any updates for the game? I want to know if when I get home from work I should set it all up and let my WiiU grab any updates or patches it may need to play the game, as it is terribly slow in doing so. Just want to make sure I am all ready to go for when I finally check it out later on at night.

TIA,

DL

Looked online and couldnt find any mention of one.. so hopefully no updates

I didn't have any updates, just disk in and play.

Cool thanks for the confirmation.

I know I will be up very late tonight.  :laugh:

Got mine a few hrs ago.. LOVE this game...     sadly though club.nintendo appears to be down as sign in function doesn't work due to high volume.       Anybody get their free game code yet???

I imagine the servers are getting hammered. Nintendo doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to online stuff to begin with.

Just checked out the upload feature real quick. Damn this game is awesome.

Online is terribly spotty all around though. Club Nintendo was down for me as well. Trying to play a MP match has been not very easy, was only able to get one full match in and had an connection error before it ended. 3 other times was a spectator and had a connection error. I imagine things will settle down after the initial launch rush. But SP is classic MK with gorgeous visuals. Not much else to say really.

I was able to pick it up for $58 AUD. In a rare example of customer service, the guy in the ent. dept. told me about a friends and fam benefit which offered another 10% off. Total price 52.10. When you consider you get the code to grab another game that is 26.50 for 2 Ninty first party titles. A price so rare I am still waiting for someone to shake me awake.

I haven't picked up a copy yet, but I watched it played on Twitch, and man is this game smooth. It also gives me an arcade like feeling. One I haven't felt in...

Online seems to be OK for me if I stick to "regional".

Also glad to see they haven't changed the AI mechanics. The AI are still cheating little you-know-whats!