So does anyone know of any deals since they aren't doing a price drop? Looking for the Wii U bundle that has the 2 Super Mario Games in it.

This was the best deal I've seen recently...$250.. now expired.  Sign up for slickdeals and set an alert for Wii U

http://slickdeals.net/f/6986962-32gb-nintendo-wii-u-black-deluxe-set-w-super-mario-u-amp-super-luigi-u-games-250-free-shipping

The problem with Mario Kart 8 is that the more you play it, the more angry frustrated and irritated you get,

and after you get tired of being annoyed at the millionth useless coin you get(since you can only carry 10 anyway, and since you get quad blasted in front of the finish it doesn't matter anyway) and the AI homing green shells and their master shot from across the map fireballs. you start to be annoyed with the other faults of the game/system. Like Why the F is the A button the "most important" button on a nintendo system and placed in the worst place. why doesn't the Y button at least fully duplicate the A button so that you can continue and click menu choices with it and not just accelerate, why is the back button at the bottom where you will randomly press it expecting to select(horrible in the system menu where it take ages to get in and out of the eshop for example). And why is the default choice to watch stupid replays and not next race/results...

Games aren't supposed to become annoying and frustrating. And soon I'm sure they're going to ruin the game further with pay to win amiigos...

Whats the deal with Luigi giving everyone mean looks now? All the videos I have seen so far on youtube have him looking like he has got the worst road rage ever.

That's been the case as long as I can remember with Mario Kart - the AI are cheating you-know-whats - and if you're leading half a lap before the end of a race you're almost guaranteed a blue shell.\

The skill is in seeing them coming, and being able to dodge (blue shells and lightning excepted!)

That's been the case as long as I can remember with Mario Kart - the AI are cheating you-know-whats - and if you're leading half a lap before the end of a race you're almost guaranteed a blue shell.\

The skill is in seeing them coming, and being able to dodge (blue shells and lightning excepted!)

This is why I hold on to the star to the last possible second. Just for those 2 things.

Like Why the F is the A button the "most important" button on a nintendo system and placed in the worst place. why doesn't the Y button at least fully duplicate the A button so that you can continue and click menu choices with it and not just accelerate,

Are we using different controllers or something or your hands shaped differently to mine? If Y was the default button it would be incredibly uncomfortable to play without hitting the B button.

horrible in the system menu where it take ages to get in and out of the eshop for example

The reason the OS is slow is because of a Nintendo design choice, one that makes sense on paper but could use some work in practice. Basically the OS doesn't have access to the main CPU and the GPU since those are 100% reserved for games. The OS instead uses a seperate ARM processor that is located somewhere inside the GPU.

Nintendo did this so that you wouldn't have to reserve part of the system's processing power just for running the OS. Smart idea sure but they should have gone with a more powerful processor.

My biggest problem with the OS though is how it just looks kindoff meh and that could be because of the ARM processor. PS4 and Xbox UIs look pretty sweet, but the Wii U just looks so bland and uninteresting comparatively. The quick start menu has made it so much nicer and I wish they would copy over that design to the rest of the OS too.

And why is the default choice to watch stupid replays and not next race/results...

Dumbest idea by far, I don't know how someone could look at that and go yup that looks good.

And soon I'm sure they're going to ruin the game further with pay to win amiigos...

I doubt that's going to happen tbh. Nintendo has never really gone the pay to win route or shoved tons of DLC down our throats. They've always been on the more conservative side. That said I do think the Amiigo is a neat idea both for profits and for gameplay.

This is why I hold on to the star to the last possible second. Just for those 2 things.

I've gotten a star exactly ONCE in all my races. and it wasn't even a star it was part of a "multi pack"... I've also gotten the golden mushroom exactly ONCE. I've never gotten a lighting or a blue shell. 

Are we using different controllers or something or your hands shaped differently to mine? If Y was the default button it would be incredibly uncomfortable to play without hitting the B button.

Why ? 

I play with the Y as the gas button(since it is along with A) how is it hard to not hit the B button, it just makes it easier to hit the B button when you need it, whereas from the A button you not a lot more finger juggling and to let go of the gas button. same with looking behind you, easy from Y, practically impossible from A.

Why ? 

I play with the Y as the gas button(since it is along with A) how is it hard to not hit the B button, it just makes it easier to hit the B button when you need it, whereas from the A button you not a lot more finger juggling and to let go of the gas button. same with looking behind you, easy from Y, practically impossible from A.

Different preferences I guess, would be nice if Nintendo added in an options menu or something like that to allow people to remap keys. It can't be that difficult.

^^^ Amiibo, not amiigo :p

Oooops lol.

How does the steering wheel in the bundle work? Is it any good? If i do get a Wii U it will most likely be in the next couple of months and the Mario Kart 8 bundle

Different preferences I guess, would be nice if Nintendo added in an options menu or something like that to allow people to remap keys. It can't be that difficult.

I really wish they would, my thumb starts to hurt after a little while, using the A Button for acceleration. Would much prefer to use the trigger to accelerate and use the A button to jump/drift.

• Like 2

Wow, I'm really on top of things.  This game looks pretty nice, but when the hell did they come out with Mario Karts 3-7?  Guess I've been living under a rock.  Even worse this thread isn't even new.

I really wish they would, my thumb starts to hurt after a little while, using the A Button for acceleration. Would much prefer to use the trigger to accelerate and use the A button to jump/drift.

I agree having the accelerator on the thumbstick can get a little painful but it's also completely unnatural for me, i would have prefered the jump and shot buttons for accelerate and brake with shoulders for jump or a i wouldn't mind. 

Also what have they done to battle mode it's horrible, bring back the square arena's, i loaded up battle mode with friends expecting to have a laugh but it's so boring and just doesn't make any sense. 

I agree having the accelerator on the thumbstick can get a little painful but it's also completely unnatural for me, i would have prefered the jump and shot buttons for accelerate and brake with shoulders for jump or a i wouldn't mind. 

Also what have they done to battle mode it's horrible, bring back the square arena's, i loaded up battle mode with friends expecting to have a laugh but it's so boring and just doesn't make any sense. 

Yeah, I agree with the Battle Mode too, it's horrible :(

I really hope they fix this in a later update (I doubt they will)

The only option we have atm is thr right control stick and the a button. =(

The only option we have atm is thr right control stick and the a button. =(

I didn't realise you could use the right control stick, I don't how comfortable that would be tbh. I'll have to give it a go :)

Wow, I'm really on top of things.  This game looks pretty nice, but when the hell did they come out with Mario Karts 3-7?  Guess I've been living under a rock.  Even worse this thread isn't even new.

mario kart versions from original up till Wii were the 1-6 games. they just started the numbers with the 3DS version which was 7

1. Super Mario Kart (1992, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Wii Virtual Console)
  2. Mario Kart 64 (1996, Nintendo 64, Wii Virtual Console)
  3. Mario Kart: Super Circuit (2001, Game Boy Advance, 3DS Virtual Console)
  4. Mario Kart: Double Dash? (2003, Nintendo GameCube)
  5. Mario Kart DS (2005, Nintendo DS)
  6. Mario Kart Wii (2008, Wii)
  7. Mario Kart 7 (2011, Nintendo 3DS)
  8. Mario Kart 8 (2014, Wii U)
  • Like 1

mario kart versions from original up till Wii were the 1-6 games. they just started the numbers with the 3DS version which was 7

I figured, but I only remember Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64

So I bought a system this weekend just to play this online. OMG you lose so much time in a day doing this. I started playing on 10am on a sunday and then I didn't realize it but it was 11pm a few minutes later. Its like I was in a time warp or something.

• 5 months later...

Finally picked this up along with the DLC and loving it :D Thought I'd hate playing with the gamepad but it wasn't an issue at all.

And with Smash Bros out next week it's an awesome time for the Wii U :wub:

Finally picked this up along with the DLC and loving it :D Thought I'd hate playing with the gamepad but it wasn't an issue at all.

And with Smash Bros out next week it's an awesome time for the Wii U :wub:

Looks like I may be back on track to getting my WiiU! (after that John Lewis deal was bogus)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Party-Mario-Super-World/dp/B00P68FY0M/ref=zg_bs_1659395031_5

Really want a black one but the Wii U prices have been quite consistent lately, not dropping as low as a while back.

• Like 2