Hand of God sent missile into sea

Who are the agents of evil in this world? That's right, other men. All sons of fathers and mothers. Their free will to continue unleashing evil on innocents is only matched by your free will to defend these innocents against them.

So you're a sexist as well as a religious fundie? :p

Women can be "evil" too, you know.

You indict God for his non-intervention, but the real indictment is on you (and I), the keyboard warriors who talk about the poor and the victims but lift no fingers to help. Why should the timeframe of intervention be decided based on your judgment? Would it be offensive to you if I say that you are blind to the realities of believers working their hearts out all over the world pushing evil back an inch at a time?

There can be no foundation for intervention either, until Christ restored the power-authority-love relationship between God and believing men.

It's amazing the complete bulls*** that people will spout in defence of their invisible sky friend...

If you believe god exists, and that god chooses to intervene for certain people, then it stands to reason that it also chooses NOT to intervene for others. Any god that chooses to let innocents die through no fault of their own, is a malignant monster that deserves no worship from anyone, and one that I never want anything to do with.

• Like 3

Who are the agents of evil in this world? That's right, other men. All sons of fathers and mothers. Their free will to continue unleashing evil on innocents is only matched by your free will to defend these innocents against them.

You indict God for his non-intervention, but the real indictment is on you (and I), the keyboard warriors who talk about the poor and the victims but lift no fingers to help. Why should the timeframe of intervention be decided based on your judgment? Would it be offensive to you if I say that you are blind to the realities of believers working their hearts out all over the world pushing evil back an inch at a time?

There can be no foundation for intervention either, until Christ restored the power-authority-love relationship between God and believing men.

Yewah has just as much blame as the leprechaun from lucky charm cereal boxes. Both equal blame.

You clearly don't understand what a "Root belief" means, do you? OK, how about this... You have a brother and a sister, they both have the same mummy, but a different daddy. That means that though they're siblings, they're not full siblings, just half siblings.  Because of that, though they're related by blood, they don't really look much alike.

It's STILL a "do this do that" instruction, no matter how you might try to phrase it.

What's the root belief? The belief in a supreme one God?

Is it logical to judge 3 separate religions by a single root belief (whichever you define it at this point in your understanding)?

Yes it is. It affirms the conscious free will of the man to chart the path of his own life. Believe, (and in the case of Christianity, publicly affirm your belief using baptism), and you will be saved.

What's the root belief? The belief in a supreme one God?

Is it logical to judge 3 separate religions by a single root belief (whichever you define it at this point in your understanding)?

You've been told this multiple times, so now you're just essentially trolling the thread.

So you're a sexist as well as a religious fundie? tongue.png

Women can be "evil" too, you know.

It's amazing the complete bulls*** that people will spout in defence of their invisible sky friend...

If you believe god exists, and that god chooses to intervene for certain people, then it stands to reason that it also chooses NOT to intervene for others. Any god that chooses to let innocents die through no fault of their own, is a malignant monster that deserves no worship from anyone, and one that I never want anything to do with.

The greatest shows of power on a physical Earth are these two: Brute force and Mammon. You can conclude from there whether men or women rule the earth and hold unjust power over the very lives of other people. Who are the ones training biceps, wielding semiautomatics, penetrating by force, bulked up by testosterone from puberty onwards?

What's your definition of innocent? By your own definition of innocence, do you judge yourself to be innocent, since you judge God to be guilty?

What we have here is disagreement on fundamentals. I see God actively intervening everywhere in the lives of people, rich and poor. You say evil rampages unchecked. I say evil comes from the absence of good, when men rejects the source of all goodness from all spheres of life. You say good men are rejecting an evil being, like the main theme in Clash/Wrath of the Titans.

Perhaps subscribe to the Facebook page of International Justice Mission and you may one day sign up to intervene on behalf of innocents where God clearly has failed to do so. :)

The greatest shows of power on a physical Earth are these two: Brute force and Mammon.

Right there is where you entered fantasy land, rendering the rest of your post equally fantasy. Mammon is a fictional character in a story book. He's not real, dude.

What's your definition of innocent? By your own definition of innocence, do you judge yourself to be innocent, since you judge God to be guilty?

Children, anyone who has never lifted a hand against another, those are the sort of innocents I'm referring to.

What we have here is disagreement on fundamentals. I see God actively intervening everywhere in the lives of people, rich and poor.

Yes, of course we disagree on the fundamentals. That's because my fundamentals are rooted in reality, and yours in fairy tales.

You say evil rampages unchecked. I say evil comes from the absence of good, when men rejects the source of all goodness from all spheres of life. You say good men are rejecting an evil being, like the main theme in Clash/Wrath of the Titans.

Nope, I never said evil rampages unchecked, anywhere. You're making stuff up now.

Perhaps subscribe to the Facebook page of International Justice Mission and you may one day sign up to intervene on behalf of innocents where God clearly has failed to do so. :)

I wouldn't subscribe to a Facebook page if it was the most essential thing to do in all of creation. It's a festering craphole of brainless morons and wannabe nobodies.

• Like 2

You've been told this multiple times, so now you're just essentially trolling the thread.

I've only been told this once (by you) and I completely disagree with your opinion on the root belief of the 3 monotheistic religions.

Judaism, based on older pagan religions? No, because the majority of the laws (the ones atheists like to mock) were given from Mount Sinai from the very hand of God (woops title reference, but do confirm it with your preaching in-law). The flood account of Noah predates the flood myth of the Babylonians, but people swop the two because of erroneous historical dating of the Babylonians based on a priori adherence to the timeline of evolution.

Jesus is a byword in your study of the 3 religions. Notice that I have asserted that he is THE central difference that splits the 3 religions apart from each other. As much as this assertion jars your current understanding, I hope you run some research on it before coming to any premature judgments.

Right there is where you entered fantasy land, rendering the rest of your post equally fantasy. Mammon is a fictional character in a story book. He's not real, dude.

Children, anyone who has never lifted a hand against another, those are the sort of innocents I'm referring to.

Yes, of course we disagree on the fundamentals. That's because my fundamentals are rooted in reality, and yours in fairy tales.

Nope, I never said evil rampages unchecked, anywhere. You're making stuff up now.

I wouldn't subscribe to a Facebook page if it was the most essential thing to do in all of creation. It's a festering craphole of brainless morons and wannabe nobodies.

Mammon: money personified. I'm sorry I took creative licence and it backfired on myself.

I agree, children are innocent. Yet some of them grow up to be agents of evil of their generation.

Right. Nice ad hominem. Exposes the fact that you're as selective as anybody in your knowledge, and that you are dead sure that your specific selection of knowledge is THE right one, in spite of the fact that you are far from all-knowing. More power to you brah!

I've only been told this once (by you) and I completely disagree with your opinion on the root belief of the 3 monotheistic religions.

It's not MY opinion, it's a globally held fact. ALL of the Abrahamic religions all agree on this, so it's just you in your weird fantasy land that doesn't accept it.

Judaism, based on older pagan religions? No, because the majority of the laws (the ones atheists like to mock) were given from Mount Sinai from the very hand of God (woops title reference, but do confirm it with your preaching in-law). The flood account of Noah predates the flood myth of the Babylonians, but people swop the two because of erroneous historical dating of the Babylonians based on a priori adherence to the timeline of evolution.

Jesus is a byword in your study of the 3 religions. Notice that I have asserted that he is THE central difference that splits the 3 religions apart from each other. As much as this assertion jars your current understanding, I hope you run some research on it before coming to any premature judgments.

Go away, study the history of the three Abrahamic religions, and the root Abrahaic one itself, and educate yourself. You clearly have had an extremely faulty education.

I agree, children are innocent. Yet some of them grow up to be agents of evil of their generation.

Nope. Some of them grow up in bad situations and end up either doing bad things to survive, or learning bad things from other people who grew up in those bad situations.

Right. Nice ad hominem. Exposes the fact that you're as selective as anybody in your knowledge, and that you are dead sure that your specific selection of knowledge is THE right one, in spite of the fact that you are far from all-knowing. More power to you brah!

I know it's the right one, because unlike you, I've studied the topic over many years.

Your entire belief is based on nothing but stories handed down from generation to generation. There is zero evidence for it anywhere, just a compendium of collected stories, assembled several hundred years after the events depicted, that you call the bible.

So, do you heretics and blasphemers deny that the One True God is indeed greater than the Lords of Kobol? I guess you'll also deny that the Lord of Light outshines all others in Westeros?! Heathens! 

This is a red herring , Either he intervenes or he doesn't if the answer is yes he did intervene here then we are perfectly justified in asking why not where its needed ? 

You indict God for his non-intervention, but the real indictment is on you (and I), the keyboard warriors who talk about the poor and the victims but lift no fingers to help. 

Supposedly he is meant to have intervened here though so that defense goes down the shi**er

Would it be offensive to you if I say that you are blind to the realities of believers working their hearts out all over the world pushing evil back an inch at a time?

Oh sorry I must have missed them over the ones defending the murder of families for being in the wrong place at the wrong time in this forum.

Good going lads!

I didn't say everyone is a hypocrite, I said it is everywhere.

Evident in this thread, as some people jumped on the OP instead of his religion.

Alinsky's Rule 12: Destroy the Individual

Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

• Like 2

It's not MY opinion, it's a globally held fact. ALL of the Abrahamic religions all agree on this, so it's just you in your weird fantasy land that doesn't accept it.

Go away, study the history of the three Abrahamic religions, and the root Abrahaic one itself, and educate yourself. You clearly have had an extremely faulty education.

You and your facts...

You're welcome to provide evidence to the contrary.

I'm in agreement with pretty much everything you've stated.

• Like 1

Just because you have not personally seen something, does not mean that it does not exist, somewhere. ;)

Just because you have not personally seen something, does not mean that it does not exist, somewhere. ;)

No one needs evidence to prove that Mammon is a fictional character...  It's no more real than Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.

• Like 1

So I guess these guys picked the right god, right?

Because it's funny how almost all religions forbid believing in another god. But if there are 100 religions, which is then the right one? Funny how that works.

• Like 1

So I guess these guys picked the right god, right?

Because it's funny how almost all religions forbid believing in another god. But if there are 100 religions, which is then the right one? Funny how that works.

They can't all be right. But they can definitely all be wrong.

• Like 3

Just because you believe in the improbable and have faith in the unseen, doesn't mean it exists, somewhere.