I did, but as neither of us have played it and people that have said you can't - I believe them.

Hate on it if you want, but why not try it first ... if you can race around with no need to brake, then come back and slate it.

I've played it and while you can hit other cars, it does penalize you hard like I said above. Driveclub is about building up points for yourself or club through racing, drift challenges while on a track, doing a corner better than your friends, and so forth. It's not always about coming first and if you ram AI, you'll end up finishing first with a crap amount of points.

Not to mention while not full on realistic physics, ramming does lead to spinning out and flipping the car (the latter with further points penalties).

The PS+ upgrade for ?34.99 is a really good deal.

Car flip action (notice - points for collision, but then yeah hilariously followed up by a drifting bonus :p). But you get the drift (no pun intended), if you're going to keep hitting AI cars you'll be chopping off your points total quickly.

MealyDistantDotterel.gif

Car flip action (notice - points for collision, but then yeah hilariously followed up by a drifting bonus :p). But you get the drift (no pun intended), if you're going to keep hitting AI cars you'll be chopping off your points total quickly.

MealyDistantDotterel.gif

So it's like a spiritual sequel to Project Gotham Racing ;)

So it's like a spiritual sequel to Project Gotham Racing ;)

Pretty much. I'm sure some of the PGR devs work with Evolution Studios now.

New Action Trailer. I said damn.

Anyone else note that while it shows the "Forza killer" quote, it's a blue car causing a green car to wreck?

Had to pre-purchase at ?34.99. Too good a price for PS+ members.

Here's another cool gif (fireworks trigger cars lighting). Rockstar level of detail.

141002183317.gif

Bit of a shame some of the stuff is getting patched in post launch but still... drool.

Game is looking great.

Its amazing to think there will be 3 club/open world racing games so close together. So far, Drive Club and Forza Horizon 2 look great. Now it'll be interesting to see how The Crew stacks up.

Game is looking great.

Its amazing to think there will be 3 club/open world racing games so close together. So far, Drive Club and Forza Horizon 2 look great. Now it'll be interesting to see how The Crew stacks up.

Yup. Just hope more people on Neowin get it than just me :P Although I think PS+ users can still join a club, so a Neowin club should work anyway.

Had to pre-purchase at ?34.99. Too good a price for PS+ members.

Here's another cool gif (fireworks trigger cars lighting). Rockstar level of detail.

snip

Bit of a shame some of the stuff is getting patched in post launch but still... drool.

Hang on, why exactly would the firework set off the dash lights? lol

Yup. Just hope more people on Neowin get it than just me :p Although I think PS+ users can still join a club, so a Neowin club should work anyway.

Unfortunately, I'm not into racers enough to buy any of these games. I'll try Drive Club out as I did FH2, but its just not my thing. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate a good game like DC. Hopefully, you can get a good group going. That is what these games are all about.

For me, I have too much to play now and in the near future (Shadows of Mordor, Crimes and Punishments,maybe Bloodborne, The Order, more Destiny, Dragon Age.... the list is pretty long :laugh:)

Hang on, why exactly would the firework set off the dash lights? lol

EMP!

Hah. Nah at first on GAF the argument started saying it's cars with ambient light sensors detecting a large increase in light, then decrease. So I thought cool. Then the arguing got technical, people saying the ambient light sensors wouldn't react, or it should happen slightly after the fireworks, or all in it's just exaggerated a bit. Either way if it's unscripted it's still quite cool, but I came away not really knowing anymore about cars with ambient light sensors through all the arguing lol.

Btw anyone new to Driveclub, this link is pretty cool, all the latest 1080p footage - http://driveclub.eu.playstation.com/1080p

And some wheel footage

EMP!

Hah. Nah at first on GAF the argument started saying it's cars with ambient light sensors detecting a large increase in light, then decrease. So I thought cool. Then the arguing got technical, people saying the ambient light sensors wouldn't react, or it should happen slightly after the fireworks, or all in it's just exaggerated a bit. Either way if it's unscripted it's still quite cool, but I came away not really knowing anymore about cars with ambient light sensors through all the arguing lol.

Btw anyone new to Driveclub, this link is pretty cool, all the latest 1080p footage - http://driveclub.eu.playstation.com/1080p

And some wheel footage

Light sensor is what I was thinking but there's no way it'd be that sensitive lol.

Cool effect regardless.

Yup. Just hope more people on Neowin get it than just me :p Although I think PS+ users can still join a club, so a Neowin club should work anyway.

Can people join more than one Club? Seems like in Foriza Horizon 2 you cannot, so curious if you can here.

If not, I get swept up in the Gaf madness and am already in a club there somehow. I Got 2 PSN friend requests last night from people saying I was in their DC Club on Gaf. I am not sure how that even happened since the game is not out.  :laugh:

Can people join more than one Club? Seems like in Foriza Horizon 2 you cannot, so curious if you can here.

If not, I get swept up in the Gaf madness and am already in a club there somehow. I Got 2 PSN friend requests last night from people saying I was in their DC Club on Gaf. I am not sure how that even happened since the game is not out.  :laugh:

You can only be part of one club at a time  :( Clubs are only 6 members IIRC. GAF must be having masses of clubs (GAF1, GAF2, GAF3, GAF4, etc), all of which represent GAF as a whole, and then individually the GAF clubs will obviously compete with each other. GAF is soo large I thought I would just join a Neowin club if enough people had the game and played often enough.

Light sensor is what I was thinking but there's no way it'd be that sensitive lol.

Cool effect regardless.

It is if it's unscripted and it's there to bend the reality a little with it being over sensitive, but showcase something "cool", okay. I suppose even if scripted it's still a nice little bit of detail a coder didn't need to do, but things like that that are either 

a) Overly unrealistic

or

b) Aren't dynamic

Can lose their charm quickly.

• Like 1

Not that we need proof as everything PS4 related works on remote play, but while most of us have to wait...

ibiPsnGT1tfzRk.JPG

iVmcFheWSHEcC.JPG

iemNpGgrv6ZdF.JPG

i11FSk0b3l6no.JPG

iIUdRPoSeW0PG.JPG

ibgicBZ3cptKN7.JPG

iQdcXYoUw6A70.JPG

iJSeHEqA5ouff.JPG

Scotland!

Crazy fast car.

Another nice video

Bit more detail for people worrying about bumper cars

Don't bother driving off the track

If you cut a corner in Driveclub, you will be penalized with roughly three seconds of slowdown. If you go far enough off the track, the game will automatically reset your car onto the track.

Also, if you're used to colliding into other players to use them as a barrier around turns, don't bother doing that here, you will be penalized heavily with a five second slowdown.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/769849-14-things-might-know-driveclub

You can only be part of one club at a time  :( Clubs are only 6 members IIRC. GAF must be having masses of clubs (GAF1, GAF2, GAF3, GAF4, etc), all of which represent GAF as a whole, and then individually the GAF clubs will obviously compete with each other. GAF is soo large I thought I would just join a Neowin club if enough people had the game and played often enough.

Let's see how things pan out. I feel obligated to try and see it through due to the sheer amount of work a few of the members put into creating the leagues and divisions, and I am curious to see how it all pans out. It sounds like they plan on doing brackets and all of that. But like I said let's see. I honestly just did not think all that money people here would be getting it.

Even though I have a Vita I do not use the Remote Play feature all that much, pretty much solely to do with the fact I am not crazy about mapping the additional shoulder buttons to the back or front touch screen.

With that said, DC should work much better than most games, so I could see myself heavily using it.

Then again I may not have to thanks to the Playstation TV which now Amazon is saying my pre-order will be coming October 14th. Will see.

Just quickly, because I haven't been following DriveClub, what is the difference between buying retail and the PS+ version? More tracks? Cars?

Just quickly, because I haven't been following DriveClub, what is the difference between buying retail and the PS+ version? More tracks? Cars?

With playstation plus, you get a part of the game for free and you can buy the remainder of the game for a reduced price. Retail is just the full game.

As far was I know there isn't a differance in content.

PS+ version has 1/5th the content but all game modes

I read that advanced weather effects will be available in December patch. We'll that would be a huge shame.

I would have preferred less meaningless particle and weather effects and more of the 60fps goodness.

Clearly the devs lost their focus midway in development.

I read that advanced weather effects will be available in December patch. We'll that would be a huge shame.

I would have preferred less meaningless particle and weather effects and more of the 60fps goodness.

Clearly the devs lost their focus midway in development.

Hardly, but then if that's how you feel, don't buy it?

With playstation plus, you get a part of the game for free and you can buy the remainder of the game for a reduced price. Retail is just the full game.

As far was I know there isn't a differance in content.

Between retail and PS+ paid edition, nope 1:1.