Suicide Squad

I really wonder how they'll tie this into the other movies, they should all be in the same universe now so that makes this a bit more interesting.

I really wonder how they'll tie this into the other movies, they should all be in the same universe now so that makes this a bit more interesting.

I wonder if Batman chases Joker for what he did to Robin which we saw the result of in BvsS

I wonder if Batman chases Joker for what he did to Robin which we saw the result of in BvsS

Maybe?  Depends when this falls in the new timeline, it's probably before BvS since it's coming out first, but how far apart do they fall?  And how much after is this from MoS?

Don't like this version of Harley, she's not "girly" enough, with all her "Golly, Mister J!" type of behaviour. That's the way she's always been before.

Yup it comes across as very HL joker to me :D Although the look of him doesn't really fit HL's joker imo.

Also agree with Harley Quinn, personally I wasn't impressed with her at all.

Either way, overall the film looks pretty solid, I don't think it will be a stand out and up there with the likes of the avengers & BM VS SM.

• Like 1

Yup it comes across as very HL joker to me :D Although the look of him doesn't really fit HL's joker imo.

Either way, overall the film looks pretty solid, I don't think it will be a stand out and up there with the likes of the avengers & BM VS SM.

yeah looks are totally different, but voice similarity is uncanny !

WTF joker with a grill, is that true to the comics?

Often. Depends on the artist.

1468064-joker.jpg

-aeae7e58-afe2-410e-8892-5cc8dd1e4d55.jp

Joker's original look was based on the character Gwynplaine in the 1928 French silent film 'The Man Who Laughs'

the-man-who-laughs-2.jpg

1468064-joker.jpg

-aeae7e58-afe2-410e-8892-5cc8dd1e4d55.jp

Joker's original look was based on the character Gwynplaine in the 1928 French silent film 'The Man Who Laughs'

the-man-who-laughs-2.jpg

I see no grill :laugh:

From those few lines it sounds similar-ish, but I wouldn't say it's uncanny.

Ok, similar then, party pooper!

Why did they have to cast anyone?

On a serious note, they cast Smith because of his name, hate it or love it these movies need some established names in them to draw peoples attention.   I think Smith will do fine, this movie is full of characters, he's not carrying the film on his own.   It's more for WB to establish these characters through this movie in it's new cinematic universe than anything else.   

Enjoy :)

It's not terrible but it's not great either. It's rather generic. Can't say I'm impressed.

However, I didn't care for the Iron Man 3 trailer at all but really enjoyed the film itself:

Whereas I enjoyed the Man Of Steel trailer and didn't care for the film itself:

This movie is set before Man of Steel, so you could see it as some kind of prequel for how things are in Gotham.

Also, Heath Ledger's Joker sounded different than Jared Leto's Joker. Which is a good thing, because each new Joker shouldn't sound like the previous, just like Batman. Regarding Joker's look, I like it a lot! It adds to the realism they're going for. He looks like a menacing criminal who could come out of the wood works in our own world. HQ looks perfect to be honest, kinda scary what the Joker is doing to her though!

Snip!

Snip!

Snip!

Those are not grills though, not a single version of the Joker had them before.

• Like 1

This movie is set before Man of Steel, so you could see it as some kind of prequel for how things are in Gotham.

Also, Heath Ledger's Joker sounded different than Jared Leto's Joker. Which is a good thing, because each new Joker shouldn't sound like the previous, just like Batman. Regarding Joker's look, I like it a lot! It adds to the realism they're going for. He looks like a menacing criminal who could come out of the wood works in our own world. HQ looks perfect to be honest, kinda scary what the Joker is doing to her though!

Those are not grills though, not a single version of the Joker had them before.

This movie is NOT set before Man of Steel.

The line at about 30 seconds in, "Maybe Superman was some kind of beacon...".

I might still enjoy the movie (I'm a junkie) but I really don't like the "Hip Hop" take

on Joker.

• Like 1

This movie is NOT set before Man of Steel.

The line at about 30 seconds in, "Maybe Superman was some kind of beacon...".

I might still enjoy the movie (I'm a junkie) but I really don't like the "Hip Hop" take

on Joker.

Ah, I stand corrected. I keep forgetting about that because they had planned of making this one set before Man of Steel, but they changed that.

Yea, they're going with a "reaction to Superman" with the whole

series of movies, I think. Which makes sense, obviously. If you've

got "super powers" and have been living in the shadows because

mankind like to witch hunt... well, witches... an alien showing up

pretty much makes you the less weird of the bunch, so no sense

hiding anymore.

Yea, they're going with a "reaction to Superman" with the whole

series of movies, I think. Which makes sense, obviously. If you've

got "super powers" and have been living in the shadows because

mankind like to witch hunt... well, witches... an alien showing up

pretty much makes you the less weird of the bunch, so no sense

hiding anymore.

Yup, the events of MoS is what brings all the metahumans out of the woodwork.   And it seems like events in BvS will kickstart things for the WW and probably flash/aquaman/GL movies going forward.

Seems to plain, doesn't seem... crazy enough? I think the character in the Batman games meets her profile, and the original in the animated series is good also, but obviously toned down for a kids show.

While the movie itself absolutely takes place after MoS, the scenes where (it looks like) Joker turns Harleen and Batman chases Joker/Harley in the car might be flashback type scenes.  I have a feeling Joker has been around for quite awhile in this universe, especially considering the Robin costume in BvS.