Suicide Squad

Harley doesn't act as crazy and out there when she's not around the Joker,  she feeds off of his crazy and so on.   She'll have her moments in the movie, you can't tell much from just a trailer.

Seems to plain, doesn't seem... crazy enough? I think the character in the Batman games meets her profile, and the original in the animated series is good also, but obviously toned down for a kids show.

Yeah pretty much, essentially I always thought of Harley as a female version of the joker just a little less crazy but in this she just seems like a "bad" girl/villain, not "crazy"

I've always viewed Harley as a victim of "Stockholm Syndrome".

She basically worships Joker and tries really, really hard to be

as much like him as she can. And because of it, he can do no

wrong; he can beat her, berate her, etc. and to her it's all

positive attention.

So in one hand, she's bat-###### insane. In the other, you kind

of feel sorry for her.

Seems to plain, doesn't seem... crazy enough? I think the character in the Batman games meets her profile, and the original in the animated series is good also, but obviously toned down for a kids show.

Toned down? That's her original look, she was created for that series until DC Comic decided to put her into the main canon.

While the movie itself absolutely takes place after MoS, the scenes where (it looks like) Joker turns Harleen and Batman chases Joker/Harley in the car might be flashback type scenes.  I have a feeling Joker has been around for quite awhile in this universe, especially considering the Robin costume in BvS.

Most of the Bat-characters have been around for awhile, at least 10 years before Man of Steel. Although this movie does take place after Man of Steel and before Dawn of Justice.

Toned down? That's her original look, she was created for that series until DC Comic decided to put her into the main canon.

Most of the Bat-characters have been around for awhile, at least 10 years before Man of Steel. Although this movie does take place after Man of Steel and before Dawn of Justice.

Like it was posted before, the 20 years line in BvS should give us a good idea of the timetable here, 10 years prior to MoS sounds right, but it could be longer than that as well.

I have to say, I am pretty dissatisfied with the casting from the women, cara and margot (while I would do other worldly things to them :uberhump:) I feel they got casted just because they are "in" would have much rather they casted unknowns.

Though the same could be said for any female lead in recent superhero movies (dark knight included)

Have they said whether the next Batman solo film will be set before Man Of Steel?

I imagine after... if he's been retired a while, Affleck would be too old to be Bats before.

I believe the next one will be after MoS, actually, after BvS I bet.   I think BvS hints at what the next batman solo film could be about, and that is maybe doing something related to red hood arc, if the robin that died is Jason Todd, don't know yet, just guessing at this point.

• Like 1

I can say with certainty that all the upcoming films that are part of the Justice League films are all on chronological order. Since the Suicide Squad isn't part of that, it doesn't matter when it takes place.

I believe the next one will be after MoS, actually, after BvS I bet.   I think BvS hints at what the next batman solo film could be about, and that is maybe doing something related to red hood arc, if the robin that died is Jason Todd, don't know yet, just guessing at this point.

I'm wondering if the Robin in the DC cinematic universe is an amalgamation of Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake to simplify things. I kinda feel like this makes more sense given the more realistic tone of the DC movies compared to the Marvel ones.

Also, I wonder if they're going to introduce metahumans similar to the way Smallville did with the meteor rocks. Maybe the kryptonite we saw in the BvS trailer will change people's DNA to give them powers.

Have they said whether the next Batman solo film will be set before Man Of Steel?

It's obviously set after because, in the trailer for BvS, you see Bruce Wayne witnessing the fight from MoS (you see the laser vision cutting through the building and then it collapsing) and seeing the damage it does to Wayne Tower, cos you see him protecting the little girl and shielding her from the masonry, etc and there's a large sign from Wayne Tower that fell off the building next to them so obviously him fighting Superman is because all/a lot of his friends/employees were killed when that tower came down.

I'm wondering if the Robin in the DC cinematic universe is an amalgamation of Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake to simplify things. I kinda feel like this makes more sense given the more realistic tone of the DC movies compared to the Marvel ones.

Also, I wonder if they're going to introduce metahumans similar to the way Smallville did with the meteor rocks. Maybe the kryptonite we saw in the BvS trailer will change people's DNA to give them powers.

I never thought about that, I think the rumors going around is that at least wonder woman has been around since before the whole MoS bit, because she doesn't age the same and so on.  So if that's the case then hard to see if everyone got their powers from kryptonite or other events in MoS.

I think the way DC will do it is that they've been around for a while but just not out in the open till after MoS happens and now they're coming out of the woodwork.

I never thought about that, I think the rumors going around is that at least wonder woman has been around since before the whole MoS bit, because she doesn't age the same and so on.  So if that's the case then hard to see if everyone got their powers from kryptonite or other events in MoS.

I think the way DC will do it is that they've been around for a while but just not out in the open till after MoS happens and now they're coming out of the woodwork.

What I meant was the lesser-known metahumans that weren't born with their powers. Characters like Wonder Woman and Shazam (Captain Marvel), for example, would have their powers for other reasons. And they'd have been around longer. If every single metahuman in the DC cinematic universe was "in hiding" until Superman showed up, then they'd have to be very good at concealing their abilities from the public. I think it would make more sense for some metahumans to be in hiding but also others gaining their power through other means. For example, a scientist decides to experiment on people to create a being that can fight Superman.

It's obviously set after because, in the trailer for BvS, you see Bruce Wayne witnessing the fight from MoS (you see the laser vision cutting through the building and then it collapsing) and seeing the damage it does to Wayne Tower, cos you see him protecting the little girl and shielding her from the masonry, etc and there's a large sign from Wayne Tower that fell off the building next to them so obviously him fighting Superman is because all/a lot of his friends/employees were killed when that tower came down.

He was asking about the solo Batman movie that will be in development soon, not BvS, which we know is after the events of MoS.

He was asking about the solo Batman movie that will be in development soon, not BvS, which we know is after the events of MoS.

Good point *removes eyes, polishes and re-inserts*