NeowinVoice 2014

Microsoft has these great little sites called UserVoice that go hand in hand with Microsoft Community (forums). The Insider Preview Program was launched along side the Windows Technical Preview to provide a way for users to submit feedback. Now I have created a thread to track and keep tabs on the process and completion of user suggestions.

Rules

1. No Ideas Are Bad Ideas (but some are lame :p)

2. Suggestions like "Microsoft should abandon Windows" are useless, and I think should be removed

3. This thread is probably not read by Microsoft, use the UserVoice to submit suggestions

4. Please do not repeat your post of a suggestion over and over, once is enough 

5. Be Creative, post concepts/ideas that you want Microsoft to implement

6. "Like" the post to show your support!

Format

Link to Suggestion on UserVoice, if there is one or do not post a link if there is no page and you are just throwing the idea out there for Neowin to read

Title of Suggestion 

Description - Explain why this should change

Category: Tag it with keywords, use Windows, WP, Xbox, Microsoft Account etc, as your first tag

Replies Can Be Marked As Completed by Quoting them, or if a Mod would be kind to  Post Edit the suggestion to mark it as "Completed"

Links to The UserVoice Pages

Official Microsoft User Voice forums

Fix The Classic "Close Tooltip" Problem, It Is Still Windows 95 Style!

When hovered over, the tooltip for the close button at the top right of the Window is styled Windows 95, even in the Windows 10 Technical Preview! This is a problem! It has been this way since, well Windows 95 I guess.

Solution:

Change and Update the style to fit the rest of the tooltip designs!

9ritxs.png

ivgy13.png

Tags: Legacy, User Interface, Icons, Tooltips 

Good idea for a thread, this does appear to work too. I randomly submitted an idea on the Xbox User Voice site back in June to allow a background image to be used on the Xbox One.

This ended up been the number 1 requested feature on the Xbox User Voice website and will be implemented in the Xbox One November update (Y)

It's great to see Microsoft appears to be taking feedback on-board, not matter how simple the idea might be.

From the post today on Windows Blog:

Some known problems:

Before talking about the new things, I will remind you that you are using a work in progress. As Joe said in his last post, we?re sharing things with you even though there are rough edges. This is the part of building Windows that you usually don?t get to see, since we work hard to smooth these out before it typically gets to you. There are likely many small bugs that you?ll encounter, but these are a few of the big ones that we think you should be aware of right away:

• In some places the UI design has gone ?backwards? temporarily while we?re working on the final experiences. For example in this build we know that it?s harder to join a Wi-Fi network. We?ll make changes to fix that later.
  • Another example of some UI ?roughness? is sometimes Internet Explorer glyphs look garbled and items on the Start menu might disappear. Not everyone will see this, it depends on your display driver. We have a fix for this one coming soon.
  • Some machines may wake up and not go back to sleep properly.
  • Microsoft Solitaire and Mahjong games are broken in some cases and won?t launch.
  • When using 2 external monitors over Display Link, you may get a blue screen when you undock. This does not appear to be an issue when using just 1 external monitor. A fix for this one is in the works too.