Saddam Hussein: Really captured?

Did the U.S. really get Saddam?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Did the U.S. really get Saddam?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

The EC has two steps, although it usually never makes the second step. The first is where each state gets a number of votes equal to the total number of people from that state in congress. This includes senators and representatives. Each state's votes for the EC are decided by the popular vote, but this is an all or nothing vote. If the first step ends in a tie, or ends up not meating the required number of votes(don't remember what the number is off hand), it heads to the House for a vote where each state gets one vote (I belive each state votes for the same person, but they only recieve one vote. So the candidate with the most states one will be elected).

i dunno if it's him or not. seems a bit fishy to me he surrendered so easily. the US could have easily gotten one of his doubles and just say the DNA confirms it's him. i'm not gonna believe it for sure untill there is independant testing

I think it's him, but that is one fast DNA test. Usually it takes days.

Bush himself was at the point of initially being notified about 16 hours before the press conference happened that Saddam had likely been captured.

The U.S. has had a rapid system set up to repeatedly test for Saddam's DNA in particular when it came to remains found various places, etc.

Last I heard, they are indeed continuing to wait for total, absolute, detailed tests, though preliminary ones confirm.

Known body markings, scars, IDs by those who knew him personally, etc., have all proven it's him. There have been no reasonable doubts expressed by anyone.

Saddam was on the run for months, was probably in a regular pattern of fear about what would happen to him when, and it's little surprise he would surrender so easily when confronted disoriented, perhaps even if he was misled to think he should "come out" for something other than the military being there. The guy could be great about ordering others to kill -- don't know how much he was really "Mr. Fight" himself ever. He was best about being able to survive himself for decades regardless of what happened -- he wasn't the kind of guy who rushed to the front to give himself for a cause or something.

Anyway, if there's *still* any question in anyone's mind -- it's him.

How much he "cooperates" vs. tries to mislead, how much he finds it better to try to humiliate others in trial (like Massoui, Milosevic, etc.), and so on certainly remains to be seen. He has little interest in doing anything other than keeping alive and dragging things out / making deals as much as possible so he can try to end up spending the rest of his life on an island somewhere or something comparable. Even if he's executed, he'd probably rather go peacefully by injection or something (as he knows the U.S. / new Iraq will do at most) rather than die silently in a pit like an executed rat.

The more he can humiliate the U.S. or whoever in the meantime, the better as far as he probably rationalizes things to himself. Heck, he put off U.N. weapons inspectors for over a decade. Why wouldn't he "think" he can probably talk himself out of trials and stuff anew? If worse comes to worst, he can just "repent" and beg forgiveness and get off, right???

Don't waste your time naap51stang, people here don't bother doing research....they are just 13 year olds who make up conspiracy theories all day.

Did we go to the moon?

Did the shuttle blow up?

Did Elvis really die?

Did aliens land on earth?

-=yawn=-

so true. i gree. :)

I'm revising my opinion. After watching more and more of the news, I'm leaning towards it being Saddam. A couple things still bug me though:

1. It seems REALLY convenient that we found him right at this time. However, that can just be written off as coincidence.

2. We've never had a sample of his DNA for comparison. I dunno if any of you remember, but they were saying all over the news a few months ago that even if we did kill Saddam, that it'd be hard to identify him because we've never gotten a sample of his DNA. However, I suppose it could be compared to his sons' DNA.

Whatever. It's probably him, and it's about damn time!

And to the people complaining about these conspiracy theory topics: You need to remember that, at least in my case, I'm just posting topics about things I think people would be interested in. Just because I post something about JFK or aliens or something doesn't mean I believe it. It just seems to be a topic that people would like to discuss. Anothing thing y'all need to remember is that this is the AREA 51 forum! There are SUPPOSED to be topics here about conspiracies and **** like that!

It would've been "convenient" to capture Saddam at *any* time after the U.S. went into the country. It would have been *really* convenient if he'd actually just been taken out by the initial missile attack that occurred at the start of military action.

The capture did actually occur about 16(?) hours before media got ahold of it as "fact".

There have been plenty of opportunities for Saddam's DNA, especially after U.S. entered the country recently. DNA direct from his sons would of course be the most ready, totally confirmed thing.

Biggest "conspiracy" thing now is simply if Saddam may have been sedated after his capture (his daughters are protesting he would never otherwise have appeared as he did in the videos, ha ha).

I also suppose there's probably a "conspiracy" somewhere somehow regarding what the heck Osama's been up to that's allowed him to apparently avoid capture/death for a good couple years now.

Anyway, it would have been quite good PR / "convenient" for the guy to have been found at any time (let alone alive) for some time now. If anything, had the U.S. just claimed somewhere to have found his remains c/o DNA, *that* would have been suspicious...perhaps.

No conspiracy beyond that which allowed Saddam to remain in power following the '91 Gulf War, as well as how the heck Osama's managed to survive for a good while now despite the very high value in finding him.

Source NEW YORK -- A DNA test like the one that apparently helped confirm Saddam Hussein's identity can be done in as little as 12 hours, a forensics expert says.

New York City's DNA lab has done such speedy tests for very rare high-priority cases, said Robert Shaler, director of the department of forensic biology in the office of the city's chief medical examiner.

"If you have a single sample and you stop everything else you're doing, you can get it done," he said. That would occur, for example, if police have arrested a suspect and can hold him only temporarily unless DNA matches him to a serious crime, he said.

Abdel-Aziz al-Hakim, the president of the Iraqi Governing Council, said such a test confirmed Saddam's identity.