Kazaa Lite 2.60 RC2 Released!

NOTE: DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LINKS. THIS IS FOR NEWS INFORMATION ONLY

The following information was collected from various sources on the internet. Myself or Neowin does not endorse or recommend using the software as it has been deemed warez under Neowin guidelines. The purpose of this post is to discuss the news aspect, not to provide download links to Kazaa warez sites.

Update: Kazaa Lite 2.60 RC 3 Released This Afternoon!

Despite what you may have heard, the development of Kazaa Lite continues. The new client is based on the 2.60 release of Kazaa. Sharman must not be taking this news very well. As quickly as new download links spread, they get removed.

* Random Nut is back? It seems that he's developed a small file which executed the Kazaa client without being bogged down by unnecessary DLL's and loads quickly. You must click the KLM.exe file to execute. Using the kazaa.exe will cause dll errors.

* Agent Smith and Razz have incorporated this file into a clean verion of Kazaa Lite 2.60. These two guy are the ones who are distributing the software. There's no spyware or additional progams bundled with this version.

* All of your favorite add on's and utilities are included.

* "Kaza Lite Revolution" is a new name being tossed about.

* This version is based on the 2.60 core which means it will not be kicked off the network.

* Here's other release notes:

Changes In Build 3 (Thanks to IKE)

==================

* Updated PG IP Database

* Updated Diet-K

* Added KaZuperNodes

* Reduced Size Of Diet-K By Romving Some Uneeded Spyware Uninstallers

* Uninstaller Now Removes ALL Kazaa Registry Keys

* Added Start-Menu Shotcut To Readme

* Added KaNAT

* Fixed Bug Where Two Dietk.exe's Were Created

* Launch Kazaa #KLchat Build At End Of Installer Now Works

* Fixed Bugs With Shortcuts

* Changed Some Diet-K Options

* Changed AVi Preview To AVi Preview+

* Changed Some Registry Keys (Hopefully Will Speed Up Connection On 56k)

* Fixed Alot Of General Problems

Changes From KMD

================

* Removed All Spyware And Third Party Dll's

* Added K-dat

* Added K-sig

* Added Diet-k

* Added Avi Preview

* Added KLR

* Added K-Gui Hacker

* Added User Config Wizard

* Added Xp Look

* Added Peer Guardian

* Added A Few Notes

* Added User Friendly Installer

* Added E-Dexter (Replaces Blocked Sites With A Clear Image) - Reboot Required

* Package Blocks Add Links With Hosts

* Added Some Notes

* Changed Icons With Ones From K-Lite

* Reduced Size

* Fixed Some Registry Problems

* Constant 1000 PL

* Unlimited Amount of Search More's and Search Tabs

* Removed Bit rate Limit on MP3's

* Disabled Being Supernode By Default

* Disabled 'Allow Users To Browse My Shared Folder'

The question: Without the open distribution that Kazaalite had over the past few years, will a new version really make an impact, or will the p2p community move to another network?

Under our no warez guidelines, linking to this software may result in warnings or bans. Any further links will be removed on sight.

Keldyn M.

Forum Super Moderator

Edited by nickroberts

So that's why everytime I search more then once I find it keeps disconnecting me. I can't wait till I get home and download this :D.

Any mirrors?

When I first Installed it and ran it, the full version of Kazaa Media Desktop launched. I looked around to see if maybe there were some "tools" that had been added, nothing. Looked just like the regular Kazaa to me. I closed it and started it again and I received an winsock error. I'll be uninstalling this and continue to use the 2.4.3 version of Kazaa Lite K++

By the way, I installed this on a PC that has never had any version of Kazaa installed on it previously.

ok this is weird.. first of all it messes with your HOSTS file.. it installs a ****load of 3rd party software including diet-Kazaa which i eternally hate.. basically its a stripped down version of the original Kazaa, running with Diet-Kazaa..

K-Lite? not quite..

oh and it doesnt even run for me.. after i run Diet-Kazaa and then run kazaa.exe it pops up this cool message box: :huh:

post-8-1071510022.jpg

Under our no warez guidelines, linking to the above mentioned software is now prohibited. Any further links or requests will be deleted on sight and warnings or bans may be issued. This is not up for debate so please respect it.

Keldyn M.

Forum Super Moderator

I think thats a crock if you wanted to post kazaa links it would be ok but now that k lite is supposedly infringment on copyright which is a crock in it's self now it's not allowed. and as others said since when is neowin DMCA compiliant. Funny i just saw around about links to longhorn new build amazing. but only my view im not a mod so not my right to speak.

Eh? since when has kazaa been warez, its a free hacked version of free software.

also, since when has neowin been compliant with the DMCA?

Software, which, under the DMCA is now illegal to be further developed or distributed. Should you wish Neowin to remain online, you will respect our wishes. We are not preventing you from obtaining or using the software in your own time. That is your business but neowin is not the place for it.

Under our no warez guidelines, linking to the above mentioned software is now prohibited. Any further links or requests will be deleted on sight and warnings or bans may be issued. This is not up for debate so please respect it.

Keldyn M.

Forum Super Moderator

I think thats a crock if you wanted to post kazaa links it would be ok but now that k lite is supposedly infringment on copyright which is a crock in it's self now it's not allowed. and as others said since when is neowin DMCA compiliant. Funny i just saw around about links to longhorn new build amazing. but only my view im not a mod so not my right to speak.

well microsoft isnt spending millions to sue TONS OF INDIVIDUALS and websites as riaa is doing and has done. i think that makes a huge difference.

Keldyn M.

Forum Super Moderator

Longhorn and other OSs are betas...thats the way I see it...and that's probably how the staff sees it. Let them make the decision on how to operate their site. We are here ot abide by their rules, not make our own. And Kazaa isn't warez, it is just a discontinued piece of software...still functions and all but it is illegal to have download links because Sharmann threatened to sue.