AutoPatcher XP 4.2 Official Thread

FF... just ran the patcher... everything's great....

except this one little error...?

seems she's missing the "dvdpack.msi" file....?

gonna re-d/l tommorrow to make sure this isn't mefault.

thanks again!

post-89-1071642152.jpg

Worked ok for me, I did not get this error on 2 machines ive put it on. Flish will be on it tomorrow.

NETWORK ERROR? are you running this on a network drive?

heh heh... and being the perfectionist that I am... ;)

seems Microsoft Internet Explorer Patches/ Q824145 "Novemberer" is misspelled....

only pointing this out to help ya keep the polish shining...! ;)

already got her burnt to a copy of winxp....

again... you're making my life MUCH easier... !!!!!!

thanks!

-s

post-89-1071642684.jpg

AgEnTsMiTh... nah, just ran it from the folder I extracted the full update to....

t'was the same folder I used to build my winxp cdrom....

I just extracted the original "AutoPatcherXP_Dec.exe" file again....

browsed to the location the error message mentions... "\AutoPatcher XP\ProgFiles"

and still no "DVDPack.msi" file...

tis why I'm planning on re-downloading APXP again in the mornin....

just to make sure I'm not screwing up here somewhere...

speakin of which... isn't the mp3pack.msi supposed to be there too??

eesh.... tis late... night fellas.

Edited by skelzer

AgEnTsMiTh... nah, just ran it from the folder I extracted the full update to....

t'was the same folder I used to build my winxp cdrom....

Strange, can you reproduce the error more then once? No worries, FlishFun will be on this in the morning. But again, it could be on your side, who knows. Its been tested on several different systems and never got that as far as I know.

Also, did you use the Update or the Full? Just for my own curiosity because I will see if I get that error right now on a nother system.

noticed that the file "WindowsXPMediaPlayer9DVDPack.msi" is in the right folder...

maybe the Decoder Pack Installer didn't like the file renamed from "DVDPack.msi"??

I dont see how that could be it because like i said, it ran fine for me on 2 systems. Flish is the man, he will get worked out for ya!!!

Hang tight till in the morning. Thanks for letting him know.

1. Auto Reboot?? I never clicked on finish as i was trying to wrap up a AIM convo. oh well lol.

2. Why are the other two logs blocked from loading to see if the updates were installed in the previous release?? Or are they not needed? I'm asking because it doesn't seem like it picked up everything that was installed in the November release.

Well, ive ran it now on 3 systems. 1 fresh install, and 2 that had the previous Autopatcher ran on it, and I did not get that error at all regarding the DVD decoder.

@Dazzla, what you have to do is extract the Dec Update and the previous into 1 folder for example, when you extract the dec update it all goes into the folder UPGRADE RELEASE, Put everything in there, then run the Updater.exe. It will update your version into the Full Dec Release. Hope that explains it well enough. Let me know if you need more detailed info.

Edit...Sorry Dazzla I am beat tired. Hope Ive explained it well enough :)

Edited by AgEnTsMiTh

How the hell did I not see updater.exe. I jumped straight into the December folder before it had finished extracting and never bothered to check back in the root folder.

How the hell did I not see updater.exe. I jumped straight into the December folder before it had finished extracting and never bothered to check back in the root folder.

Ahhh cool. Was worried there for a min, Like I said, I am so tired my mind was not registering the entire simple question you had LOL. So is everything cool now?

By the way Congratz on 13,000 posts :)

Edited by AgEnTsMiTh

my respect goes to the creators again!

:D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D :D :D

gonna download the full release when i'm home tonight.....i was just wondering...c'n u guys post some screenshots in the meanwhile? :)

well guys, it working good :) and the autorun menu is good too :)

but i found a bug regarding the .NET Patch well 2 seperate errors but refers to the same thing.

1)

Some wierd error that only says ???? looks like something todo with the switches because it has /? /h /u /I

in the msg.

2)

I get an error while installing the patch for .NET, didnt happen in the last release....

"The Upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded maybe missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have correct patch."

this error displays on the NDP1.1-KB824629-x86.exe

how ever i never got any other error. Apart from those 2 things the system running sweet :)

so it doesn't matter but i thought i might let you guys know.

Doesn't really bother to me because i don't use any of the .NET, but thought that u guys like to know.

Thank you for the nice program, oh yeah, since nobody prolly mentioned, happy xmas and new year to all :)

im going down south for 2 weeks so i won't be posting anything for little bit

Edited by MD351

Great! Finally the waiting is over.

It's downloading at home (?'m at school now). So when I get home I can gi and install it:))

Did a reinstall of windows 3 days ago so it's right on time;))

Thx!!!!