SpaceX Falcon Heavy (updates & maiden flight)


Recommended Posts

+Raphaël G.
3 minutes ago, DocM said:

Nothing official, but it sounds like it's lost. 

Any idea why they are being so quiet about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
anthdci
1 minute ago, Raphaël G. said:

Any idea why they are being so quiet about it?

They usually are until they get a bit more information.

Link to post
Share on other sites
CrashG

That was pretty spectacular. The two side boosters landing at near the same time, incredible. I wondered how landing on a platform floating in the ocean with waves was gonna workout. Still, very impressive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Slugsie
Just now, CrashGordon said:

That was pretty spectacular. The two side boosters landing at near the same time, incredible. I wondered how landing on a platform floating in the ocean with waves was gonna workout. Still, very impressive.

SpaceX have done it a bunch of times, so it's certainly possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
CrashG

It may not have gone so well this time, have to wait to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
bguy_1986
1 minute ago, CrashGordon said:

It may not have gone so well this time, have to wait to see.

I doubt it had anything to do with the waves though.  It looked pretty calm out there.  I wonder if it came down too hot, but the video made it look like it might have exploded at it got close to the ship.  Hard to tell though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
CrashG
25 minutes ago, bguy_1986 said:

I doubt it had anything to do with the waves though.  It looked pretty calm out there.  I wonder if it came down too hot, but the video made it look like it might have exploded at it got close to the ship.  Hard to tell though.

I've only seen the SpaceX feed and the cam went down before it showed anything. If that was the only thing that went wrong, it's still a great achievement.

 

Now back to watching some Starman footage :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM

Presser webcast coming up

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Unobscured Vision

NEXT YEAR?!!!!!11111?!?!!!!

... aaaaand everyone has lost their [snip] ...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Unobscured Vision

AHHHH MAHHHH GAWWWDDD!!! 

 

(STONE COLD!! STONE COLD!! :D :rofl:)

 

Actually, Brownsville could start doing some of the BFS "hopper" testing if it's ready by next year, he said. Either that or ship-to-ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Unobscured Vision

Hoo boy. Lot to take in. Gonna be a really busy six months. :yes: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
anthdci
9 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

AHHHH MAHHHH GAWWWDDD!!! 

 

(STONE COLD!! STONE COLD!! :D :rofl:)

 

Actually, Brownsville could start doing some of the BFS "hopper" testing if it's ready by next year, he said. Either that or ship-to-ship.

And I t can go to space WITHOUT the booster?!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Unobscured Vision
2 minutes ago, anthdci said:

And I t can go to space WITHOUT the booster?!!

Yep. 25~35t of payload, too. :yes: On Mars it can do it with practically a full manifest, on Earth it can do it with 25~35.

Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM

Yup, BF Spaceship will be a real, live SSTO vehicle for LEO/MEO payloads in the Proton to Delta IV Heavy class. All kinds of implications for StarLink.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim K

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim K

^sound required.

 

Also ... the Spaceman livestream ended. :( Was hoping it would stay on for the S2 burn.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
ATLien_0

My parents were saying that its weird seeing this much excitement again over space flight. The sort of energy around these SpaceX launches especially today is very reminiscent to those of the early NASA launches. Very incredible achievement today!

Edited by wv@gt
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
+rdlenk

Heck of a day. I got back out on the ITL Causeway. Was awesome.

 

 

 

Pretty rowdy crowd on the causeway, plenty of profanities. Some even shouted me. =D

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM

Not 100%, but....

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM

Referencing

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
+rdlenk

So Long, Earth.

 

 

SoLongEarth.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.