Dopamine

The build I'm currently testing is pretty stable. Release tonight if it continues to go well:

27-08-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.333 (Preview)

- Added a song count on the Songs screen
- Changed the look and feel of the Songs screen
- Fixed a bug in selecting the progress bar on the Now Playing screen
- Made the Mini Player playlists transparent

• Like 2

You're using the white icon. Nice to see it has its uses :)

Just have to find white icon replacements for the rest of those pesky icons now :p

Just have to find white icon replacements for the rest of those pesky icons now :p

Don't forget Lifemate :rofl:

Alright people, let's start the weekend with a new build:

28-08-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.336 (Preview)

- Added a song count on the Songs screen
- Changed the look and feel of the Songs screen
- Fixed a bug in selecting the progress bar on the Now Playing screen
- Made the Mini Player playlists transparent
- This build uses another way of creating Start Menu shortcuts. It is incompatible with the old way.
  If the Dopamine shortcut is missing from the Start Menu after installing this build: run the MSI installer
  again and choose "Repair". The shortcut will be added. You might have to pin it to your Taskbar again too.

Download here as always

Minor bug report: When hovering over the Minimise and Maximize buttons, the tool tip position is slightly erratic.

Minor bug report: When hovering over the Minimise and Maximize buttons, the tool tip position is slightly erratic.

I have no control over those :)

Very nice (Y) Maybe fade them on hover?

Thanks. Fade from invisible to visible when hovering the list (instead of just going from 0 to 1 directly)? Or fading them out when the mouse is directly over the scrollbar?

Also, I must admit I was inspired by the Lifemate scrollbars :) I chose not to overlap the list contents though, because of the accent colors making the scrollbar thumb invisible.

This looks really good, can it play/stream music off OneDrive?

No :(

I see you made it so the play list moves to the top above the player window now when its located near the bottom of the screen... THANK YOU!!!! I was going to ask for this but I was just hoping you would add it and you did... WTG!!!! Love the new transparency and also the fading scroll bars... it's looking WICKED SICK now LOVE IT.  Also this player has AMAZING sound quality... so enjoying your Dopamine!!! Just awesome!!!

I see you made it so the play list moves to the top above the player window now when its located near the bottom of the screen... THANK YOU!!!! I was going to ask for this but I was just hoping you would add it and you did... WTG!!!! Love the new transparency and also the fading scroll bars... it's looking WICKED SICK now LOVE IT.  Also this player has AMAZING sound quality... so enjoying your Dopamine!!! Just awesome!!!

I'm glad you like it :) Someone higher in the thread mentioned the issue with the lists (sorry I can't remember the name). Here is a little something for you all, because I think the scrollbars are pretty neat myself and I don't want to make you wait:

29-08-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.338 (Preview)

- Fine-tuned the look of the scrollbars
- Fixed a bug on the Playlists screen where pressing any key starts playing a song

Download here

Edit: fixed the link, thanks for notifying me Ravensky

Edited by Raphaël G.

Hey Raphael I just noticed something, When expanding the song list the edge glow doesn't extend with it...  The song list has no "glow."

Capture.PNG

Yes that's a known issue. The list is a separate window. When I enable glow on it too, the glow goes over the main window and it looks worse. So it'll have to do for now, but I'll sure look into it later.

Edit: darned typos

Edited by Raphaël G.

Weird, Avast it throwing a Win32:Evo-gen alert in Chrome on 338, but not 336

The scrollbars are very dangerous you know :rofl: No really, these false positives are a tragedy. I still have to look into signing my software with a strong name, as they call it, which would hopefully shut those anti virii up. But the process is time consuming, because all components must be signed too, and if they are not by default, I have to compile and sign them myself. I'd rather work on useful stuff for now...

• Like 1

Well, it may be a bigger problem, the web is being wonky and Avast can't find the host to update virus definitions or program updates, so it could just be lapsed definitions. Useful stuff sounds prudent ;-)

min player with the play list..... Alt-Tab does not work as one would expect.

it shows the playlist and not the controls.

Prefer the old scroll-bars I think.

Prefer the old icons for the micro player.

Could you re-enable..... moving the track position/time in the micro player... only worked it out today... you can no-longer click, you have to drag.

if you are going to keep those scroll-bars.... change the mouse handle when its on them.

Playlist song count is WRONG.

Thanks

Christ, I just finished updating both of my machines to the latest build a couple hours ago and now here's another one!  I applaud your speed, and keep 'em coming!  Also, thanks for being so dedicated to this project and sharing your progress frequently.  I would much rather get a build every few days than wait months.

min player with the play list..... Alt-Tab does not work as one would expect.

it shows the playlist and not the controls.

Prefer the old scroll-bars I think.

Prefer the old icons for the micro player.

Could you re-enable..... moving the track position/time in the micro player... only worked it out today... you can no-longer click, you have to drag.

if you are going to keep those scroll-bars.... change the mouse handle when its on them.

Playlist song count is WRONG.

Thanks

I guess I can't please everyone.

Thanks for the bug reports, you're right about all of them. I'll fix it.

Christ, I just finished updating both of my machines to the latest build a couple hours ago and now here's another one!  I applaud your speed, and keep 'em coming!  Also, thanks for being so dedicated to this project and sharing your progress frequently.  I would much rather get a build every few days than wait months.

I'm really enjoying this project. Sometimes too much :)