Dopamine

Such a good bit of software. I still use it primarily, although I'm thinking of using more Universal Apps like Groove, simply because I'd like the same experience across my desktop and phone and also the ability to play under lock screen. I know it's a long-shot, but any chance of a modern app translation? Aren't Microsoft allowing .net apps into the store in a wrapper? I'd definitely pay for it.

Anywho, what about the ability to play folders? Like this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.zorillasoft.musicfolderplayer

So just another pivot up top "folders"

A store app is in the making. Although for now it doesn't do anything else than say "Hello from TestService!" :)

Thanks for the folder "player" example. I've had this request several times. I'll see what I can do considering the current state of things. I didn't check about wrapping a desktop app in the store yet. I've read that they would allow desktop apps to be distributed through the store,  but that would not mean they can be used on mobile devices.

Edited by Raphaël G.

2nd try

Dopamine windows 10.png

Fit greatly with Windows 10 while having its distinct visual identity, looks very promising and pretty UI work! :)

Further progress:

Dopamine windows 10.png

Off Topic slightly... but I am truly jealous of your music collection. Just about everything you ever share has some quality song choice going on!

Off Topic slightly... but I am truly jealous of your music collection. Just about everything you ever share has some quality song choice going on!

We must have the same taste in music then :)

Hi Raphaël,

Seem to have hit a weird shuffle issue in that it's doing the reverse of what's selected, I recorded each mouse click using Problem Steps recorder and the log file for you to take a look at. Let me know if you need anything else.

Download Link

Hi Raphaël,

Seem to have hit a weird shuffle issue in that it's doing the reverse of what's selected, I recorded each mouse click using Problem Steps recorder and the log file for you to take a look at. Let me know if you need anything else.

Download Link

Hi Skiver,

The logs don't say anything. I'm not logging the toggling of shuffle and loop (I should and will later :)). I reviewed the steps in Steps recorder and from what I see in the screenshots the skipping works as expected. Am I missing something?

Ok maybe it's my misunderstanding based on a chance in Windows colouring after I installed Win 10!

It's much more obvious why I was making the mistake after I changed it to use one of the default blue options, so it seems grey is not the best colour to use!

Once again, ignore me!

No problem :) Here's another one to ease the pain :) Thinner progress and volume controls to better match Windows 10. Hitting them with the mouse doesn't get more difficult, it reacts exactly the same as previously.

Thinner progress and volume.png

• Like 3

Proposal:Add changeover color, size and font player.

I failed to answer this question it seems. Do you mean I should add options to change font size and type? What's the changeover color?

I need these things, keep it simple so not to confuse the simple minded :p

Someone who understands that complexity isn't always the best option. My mom calls it "Real World Applications", meaning non-geeks :p

Alright, let's hear it people. White or not white (for the icon)? I can't make up my mind, so I'll let you choose, for now :)

White or not white.png

Alright, let's hear it people. White or not white (for the icon)? I can't make up my mind, so I'll let you choose, for now :)

White or not white.png

Blue looks better IMHO on the task bar. 

White or not white.png

Blue for task bar and system tray