Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Driver's Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz Jr
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Will Stevens
    • Roberto Merhi
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Felipe Nasr
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2015 Constructor's Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • McLaren Honda
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team

Well deserved Victory and well deserved Championship, going to be interesting to see if he can do it again next year, or if Ferrari and the others can catch a bit.

Also good to see improved performance from Honda's in engine in Alonso's car.

Managed to catch up with the highlights last night and what a race. The changing conditions really made it interesting. 

Just watched a clip of Hamilton passing Rosberg the No.2 cap on the BBC website. Definitely no love lost between the two of them. Can't wait to see the last few races, hopefully with the title decided we can see some more wheel to wheel action.

why rosberg only manages to hold it together when the championship is already decided is beyond me. either there were teamorders in place yesterday or he just can't deliver under pressure. 

reject of the race? raikkonen nearly managed that award but for me it has to be vettel. absolutely horrible drive. 

Lauda could be set to re-join Ferrari

During the 2015 United States GP, Niki Lauda revealed his role with the German TV Formula One broadcaster, RTL, may end this season. RTL made it known earlier this year they were considering dropping F1 from their programming, due to falling viewer numbers and the high price demanded by Ecclestone. A new contract beyond 2015 was eventually agreed, though inside rumours suggest the price for the FOM broadcasting fee was slashed.

There has been some disquiet amongst German F1 fans about how Niki Lauda’s has handled the multiple roles of ‘independent’ TV pundit, Chairman of Mercedes AMG F1 and President of the Lewis Hamilton fan club.

In recent weeks there has been rumblings within the Mercedes team about Lauda’s pejorative comments about Hamilton and Rosberg and the less than objective manner in which Niki has been conducting himself, given he is the Chairman of the board. So Lauda’s comments in Austin came as no surprise, given the Mercedes hierarchy in Stuttgart apparently wants the public Niki – reigning in.

Following the race in Austin, Niki Lauda gave his usual round of media interviews while Toto Wolff post-race duties were cancelled and he was rushed from the circuit. A Mercedes PR spokesperson made it clear to reporters that Lauda is not an official team spokesperson, unlike Wolff.

There have been other suggestions that Niki Lauda could rejoin the Scuderia in some kind of ambassadorial role. He is still revered in Maranello for his contribution alongside a young Luca de Montezemolo in turning around a failing Ferrari F1 team in the mid 1970’s.

Lauda’s career both on track and afterwards has regularly demonstrated that Niki is a character who causes tension wherever he goes. This may explain the fact that longevity of employment is not something evident on the Austrian’s CV.

http://thejudge13.com/2015/11/03/lauda-could-be-set-to-re-join-ferrari/

WILLIAMS CONFIRMS SUSIE WOLFF TO RETIRE FROM MOTORSPORT

Williams can confirm that following four successful years with the team, Susie Wolff will retire from competitive motorsport at the end of the 2015 season.

Since being appointed as Development Driver in April 2012, Susie has worked closely with the team over the years before being promoted to Official Test Driver in 2015. Her role has seen her play a big part in the development of the FW35, FW36 and FW37 through extensive simulator work alongside getting behind the wheel for straight line aerodynamic tests and during numerous test days. 

This culminated in her driving the FW36 during FP1 at the 2014 British and German Grands Prix, becoming the first female driver to drive in a Grand Prix weekend for two decades.

Speaking on her recent news Susie said: “I’d like to thank Williams for the opportunity they have given me over the last few years which has allowed me to achieve my dream of driving a Formula 1 car. It has been great to work with everyone at the team, both at Grove and trackside, and I’d like to thank everyone who has been part of my journey at Williams. I am now closing this chapter but looking forward to new challenges in the future.”

Claire Williams, Deputy Team Principal commented: “It has been a pleasure to work with Susie over the years and see her develop as a driver within the team. Her feedback and knowledge of the car has been an important part our recent development and we will be sorry to see her go. We want to thank her for all her efforts and wish her the very best for her future endeavours. We will of course be supporting both Susie and Felipe at the Race of Champions, and hope Susie has a great weekend to mark the last time we see her race.”

http://www.williamsf1.com/racing/news/susiewolffretires

WILLIAMS CONFIRMS SUSIE WOLFF TO RETIRE FROM MOTORSPORT

This is sad news indeed, would have really liked to see her compete.