Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Driver's Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz Jr
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Will Stevens
    • Roberto Merhi
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Felipe Nasr
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2015 Constructor's Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • McLaren Honda
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team

Team and Driver Lineup

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
Mercedes F1 W06

Early prediction: Nico Rosberg wins the WDC, Mercedes GP wins the WCC again.

McLaren will battle it out with Manor/Marussia in the first races.

I would still have to go with Hamilton for the win but agreed in WCC.

I think McLaren have pace, its just a case of whether they finish the race. Also, Marussia haven't ran their car yet this year.

I see all the articles on this are referring to this weekends race, but I would imagine his contract was for the entire season.

Of course this now leaves Sauber in a potentially worse position, in that they have three drivers who's contracts all probably state they are driving this year, so you can imagine another court case will spring up as soon as Ericsson or Nasr is replaced.

Basically, Sauber are going to have to pay back someone as you can bet all three of them are bringing a substantial amount of money to the team, they and their sponsors won't be happy without their money back in their pockets or a seat in a car. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last nail in Saubers coffin. 

• Like 1

I see all the articles on this are referring to this weekends race, but I would imagine his contract was for the entire season.

The judgement for VDG is for the entire season, not just for the Aussie race. 

Is it true that Alonso is sitting out the first race because his car is awful?

Is it true that Alonso is sitting out the first race because his car is awful?

He's not racing for health reasons because of his crash during testing, Doctors ruled the risk of Second impact Syndrome is pretty high and that it isn't worth racing on the chance of another crash/concussion. 

• Like 1

He's not racing for health reasons because of his crash during testing, Doctors ruled the risk of Second impact Syndrome is pretty high and that it isn't worth racing on the chance of another crash/concussion. 

Oh ok, we definitely don't want second impact.

Oh ok, we definitely don't want second impact.

Exactly, it's good that we are starting to see sports take injuries such as concussions much more seriously for what they are compared to a few years ago. There is still progress to be made but this is a step in the right direction.

wouldn't it be funny if sauber and FVG took 1st place at the opening race of the season and then went on to win the championship. 

The funny thing is, Sauber had a pretty good Winter Test. I think I saw they had the second most amount of laps over the three tests and frequently delivered some good lap times so they could be on for a very good season. Not a winning one :p

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

I've read that apparently, if Sauber don't put GVDG in the car this weekend, they could find themselves in contempt and have all their assets seized. So far, the FIA list of drivers for the weekend still have Ericsson and Nasr listed so god knows what will happen.

I've seen a bit of negativity aimed at this like its Gardes issue but I suspect the amount of money it took for him to get this deal is being completely over looked.

I've read that apparently, if Sauber don't put GVDG in the car this weekend, they could find themselves in contempt and have all their assets seized. So far, the FIA list of drivers for the weekend still have Ericsson and Nasr listed so god knows what will happen.

Here's an option...

B-3SG1uVEAAL1JC.jpg

Seriously though, it's good for once to see justice win over money; clearly, Sauber reneged on a deal they had in place with Van der Garde in favour of another pay driver (probably Nasr; he was signed after Ericsson and his Banco do Brasil sponsorship is reportedly bringing in a lot of money for Sauber).

• Like 2