Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Driver's Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz Jr
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Will Stevens
    • Roberto Merhi
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Felipe Nasr
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2015 Constructor's Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • McLaren Honda
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team

McLaren's Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button have been hit with a record penalty of a total of 105 grid positions at the Belgian Grand Prix.

The two drivers have incurred the punishment because of a multitude of changes to their Honda engines.

Alonso has been hit with a total of 55 grid places and Button 50 under Formula 1's complicated engine penalty system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34008319 

Only got the BBC highlights show but it still seemed like a pretty boring race, to be honest the most exciting part was when they used one of the songs from the soundtrack of Everybody's gone to the Rapture for the short Ferrari video at the beginning of the show.

Unfortunate for Rosberg to hit the issues he had this weekend, if my maths are correct Hamilton could come second in every race now with Rosberg first and he still wouldn't get the championship. Short of other reliability issues I think this was the final nail in the coffin.

On a 1-stop track where pace is everything -- unless something exciting happens -- things often get boring. But with Kimi making way through the field after a terrible start, scrapping between Force India, Red Bull and Sauber made things a bit more interesting further back.

On a 1-stop track where pace is everything -- unless something exciting happens -- things often get boring. But with Kimi making way through the field after a terrible start, scrapping between Force India, Red Bull and Sauber made things a bit more interesting further back.

however it has also shown that ferrari is clearly the 2nd best car, i would have preferred a closer battle between ferrari, williams and redbull. 

i agree with those who say that hami will win the title easily. he has always been the faster guy and rosbergs only chance is if hami hits bad luck many times in a row. 

however it has also shown that ferrari is clearly the 2nd best car, i would have preferred a closer battle between ferrari, williams and redbull. 

Williams didn't get -- whether they had a choice or not is an unknown -- the upgraded Merc engine that Lewis ran over the weekend. If they get it for Singapore, could be a different story. As for Red Bull, they need to mix more of their energy drink with the fuel they use, nothing else could help :laugh:

Some unsurprising news...

The Red Bull Formula 1 team will not run Renault engines next season, AUTOSPORT understands.

Renault and Red Bull's relationship has become fractious during the last two seasons following a string of reliability and performance problems.

Red Bull has a contract with Renault that runs until the end of 2016, but AUTOSPORT sources are adamant the relationship will not continue next year.

It is understood Red Bull has issued a document requesting a termination of the partnership that will be accepted by Renault.

This comes after Daniel Ricciardo and Daniil Kvyat took their seventh engines of the season for this weekend's Italian Grand Prix, resulting in big grid penalties.

It also leaves Red Bull with Mercedes and Ferrari as the only realistic options for power next season.

Renault's future in F1 has been the subject of speculation during 2015.

It is understood that it has ruled out being an engine supplier to customer teams next year, which has implications for its second outfit Toro Rosso.

That leaves Renault with two options: buy Lotus, where a deal is poised to be agreed, or leave F1 altogether, which a source suggests remains a possibility.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120696 

I hope they buy Lotus, maybe having both Car and Engine will help them move forward, its certainly working for Merc and Ferrari.

I think Lotus have a fundamentally decent package, it's just a bit unreliable and has the worst driver in years. Despite all their money worries they are doing much better than McLaren in the constructors championship.

• 2 weeks later...

American Alexander Rossi is to race for Manor in five of the remaining grands prix this season, starting in Singapore this weekend.

The 23-year-old replaces Spaniard Roberto Merhi, who stays with the team as reserve driver and will take part in the races in Russia and Abu Dhabi.

Rossi, who will additionally race in Japan, the USA, Mexico and Brazil, partners Englishman Will Stevens.

Singapore will mark Rossi's competitive Formula 1 debut.

Rossi was previously a reserve driver for the now defunct Caterham team and took part in three practice sessions over the course of the 2013 and 2014 seasons, before joining Manor's forerunner Marussia towards the end of last year, before they also collapsed.

Rossi, who lies second in the GP2 feeder series  this year, said: "I'm very thankful to race for the Manor Marussia F1 team and for their continued belief in me. I've been prepared for this opportunity for quite a while now.

"Singapore is a circuit I really enjoy and the timing of my debut could not be more perfect. There's a lot of work ahead and I'm looking forward to a busy end to the 2015 season."

Manor team principal John Booth said he believed Rossi would "do a great job".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34270705

Well that is something I've not seen in a while...what's stranger is he didn't even seem to be looking at the cars, just down t his phone, most track invadres in the past run down the track looking to attention, he was just having a casual stroll a the side.

Good to see the Ferrari and Red Bulls being competitive again, shame there wasn't a bit more action up front, but still only a few seconds between Vettel and Riccardo at the end of the race shows good pace.

Unlucky for Hamilton, turned out to be a boost pressure problem.

Also Hulkenberg has a 3 place grid penalty for the next race after his crash with Massa.