• 2 weeks later...

Gameplay Exploration (PEGI)

Shown at the Xbox E3 Briefing, see early exploration outside of Vault 111

• Like 2

No PC footage? Disappointing.

How do you know it's the Xbox version? Like Skyrim, it should be fully compatible with the Xbox controllers, so it would prompt accordingly.

Actually I was just thinking earlier, how great it would be if they came out and said, "Oh and BTW, this is the Xbox version... Think of how much better it will look on your PC."

Awesome, I liked how enemies react to the powerful suit and the different hud for when you are in it is solid.  Looks like the Death claw cops the finishing move to the crotch, priceless.

How do you know it's the Xbox version? Like Skyrim, it should be fully compatible with the Xbox controllers, so it would prompt accordingly.

Actually I was just thinking earlier, how great it would be if they came out and said, "Oh and BTW, this is the Xbox version... Think of how much better it will look on your PC."

Or it could be like watch_dogs and have half the features enabled on consoles disabled on PC.

Or it could be like watch_dogs and have half the features enabled on consoles disabled on PC.

That's not fair. Ubisoft has a storied history of crapping on gamers. Bethesda, not so much. The best example I can think of (and only, really) is removing controller support from Oblivion for the PC version. That was dumb. Morrowind was designed for keyboard and mouse, so it's reasonable it doesn't support the controller. Then they made Oblivion to be used with a controller, but only on 360/PS3. Fallout 3 and Skyrim are past that. Skyrim does have DLC on the 360 not available on PC. The Kinect plugin. You can Fus-Ro-Dah at your Kinect and it'll do the shout, freeing up your Power button for any non-shout. But PC got the High-Res plugin and the Space Core plugin. Space Core could have just as easily been on the consoles but it wasn't.

• 2 weeks later...

You can play Fallout 4 for 400 hours without seeing everything

We all know that Bethesda can craft some pretty huge games, so it will come as no surprise that their next big title Fallout 4 will have a large amount of replay value. People have likely told you stories of how they have played Skyrim for hundreds of hours and continue to find new things to see and do.

But 400 hours without seeing everything? That’s almost unheard of, but according to Bethesda’s lead producer Jeff Gardiner it is true of Fallout 4. Speaking to OXM, Jeff had this to say.

“I’ve played the game for probably 400 hours, and I’m still finding stuff that I haven’t seen.”

This is apparently in no small part thanks to the game’s extensive crafting system. Previous Bethesda games have had lots to see and do, but none have offered the endless opportunities for creativity like Fallout 4 will with its ability to customize specific sections of the Wasteland as well as weapons and body armor. Pete Hines discussed the system in a bit more detail.

Source 

ooof.  Guess I'll not be seeing everything.  :(

Pretty sure they said similar things about Skyrim, ended up with randomly generated fetch quests.

I wouldn't mind a system where NPC factions could make their own bases and expand them, so you have to go raid a raider base, or setup trade with a friendly faction outpost (iirc something similar is in-game, but with either your own bases, or predefined trading hubs)

• 4 weeks later...

I played Skyrim for over 600 hours (to some, that makes me still a newbie) and I only recently learned of Shalidor's maze. If you're unfamiliar, go to Labyrinthian and get on top of the hut with the wooden mask (and the dragon priest mask holder thing). Face 10:30, with 6 o'clock being the front door. Go that way. There's a door over there that leads to the maze. Same maze in the book of the same name. You get four staves, and all are needed in the maze. The maze features containers not found anywhere else in the game, or its DLC. And there's a boss, a Daedra or Dremora. Don't be too high level, you could kill him in his plane of Oblivion. If you're not too powerful, you'll knock him back into the real world. continue the fight, and you can get a unique weapon off of him. There's also a Word Wall and some leveled loot. Honestly did not know about that place. So, I mean, there's probably always going to be some out of the way stuff some people are going to miss. And maybe some Skyrim players found Shalidor's maze early on.

Just dawned on me: Sucks about the released date of Fallout 4. Couple weeks after Halloween. I'm gonna take the Pip-Boy to Raleigh for Animazement next May, hopefully with a decent Vault 101 or 111 jumpsuit. I hope the app works without the game. If not, I'm going to screenshot a bunch of them and just load up a gallery and swipe between them. But I hope an app comes out that lets you use the Pip-Boy software without the game attached. If nothing else, I'll have a second Android launcher I'll design for widescreen. I'm actually in the process of learning Zooper (widget maker) so maybe I can just make my own Pip-Boy interface, functional to the device.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And good voice actors who can deliver and show range...I still hate Liam Neeson as the dad in FO3, his delivery is so flat it removes any empathy and emotion that is already tough enough when you're already the silent wanderer.

I don't really like the trend of hiring film/TV actors for voice roles in games (Looking at you Destiny), unless they've specifically done voice work before (Like on radio, audio books, etc.) they don't really express themselves through their voice (Like Liam Neeson, great actor, sounded like he was reading a script)

But Fallout 3 also had Malcolm McDowell in it, so they got that right (Even if they did apparently annoy the hell out of him)

More Fallout news, from Bethesda's blog. Season Pass announced. $30 gets you all the DLC they'll make. They talked about how Skyrim got free content updates in the form of mounted combat (came with a system patch alongside Dawnguard) and the Legendary patch after Dragonborn which allowed skills to be prestiged, and added the new Legendary difficulty. But they said their total DLC has always been at least $45, and while they won't make any commitments to amount or value of DLC, they are sure the Season Pass will be worth your while.

I know I'm in for the Season Pass. Who else? And what are you expecting? For me, I have no clue, but I have faith that it will be good.

More Fallout news, from Bethesda's blog. Season Pass announced. $30 gets you all the DLC they'll make. They talked about how Skyrim got free content updates in the form of mounted combat (came with a system patch alongside Dawnguard) and the Legendary patch after Dragonborn which allowed skills to be prestiged, and added the new Legendary difficulty. But they said their total DLC has always been at least $45, and while they won't make any commitments to amount or value of DLC, they are sure the Season Pass will be worth your while.

I know I'm in for the Season Pass. Who else? And what are you expecting? For me, I have no clue, but I have faith that it will be good.

I know they will deliver something good but Ill wait for more information first.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2404675/fallout-4-season-pass-announced-with-no-dlc-details-free-updates/

Meanwhile, Fallout 4 will have a Season Pass to grant all DLC released for the game at a cost of $30. Bethesda doesn’t even appear to know what the DLC will be at this point, but says it will be worth the money.

Edited by Doli

I guess I will take a vacation from work once this is out.

Tell them you're vacationing in Boston. Probably doesn't work well if you live in Boston.

Already had a vacation in Boston this year. They would be suspicious.

No they wouldn't. Who says you can't take multiple vacations to the same place? Tell them you're visiting family members! :D

• 2 weeks later...