[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

The credibility of that image is questionable even according to our very own Brad Sams! I will give it the benefit of the doubt by saying it has a credibility of 3/10.

A couple of reasons why I think someone Photoshopped it.

1. Out of alignment
  2. No credible press people (MJF, Thurrott, Brad, Tom) have said it is real
  3. Build Number is off
  4. Look at the Files icon, the part of the metal holding the folder is completely transparent
  5. The image is taken at an angle but the mini-Start appears to be straight
  6. The mini-start is tranlucent, but the taskbar is completely transparent 
  7. Why the sudden change in UI so rapidly? All the leaks we have seen have not seen such a rapid change
  8. Why is the Documents button a Tile ? Is it a new Modern UI app?
  9. Most icons on the desktop are borrowing from the Office 2013 icon theme I.E. the "This PC" and "Network" icons we saw in previous builds
  10. The wallpaper is completely different and the all apps button is now a down arrow. Why would this be changed from the previous builds all of a sudden.

This could have been a previous Threshold build that a team threw together as a mockup though.

I totally wish this was actually true.

Apple's dock seems to be fine and so does Chrome OS if the right wallpapers are chosen by default. I wish they went with a more natural photography pack.

The Dock isn't transparent, though. It has a large amount of blurring/shadowing going on that prevents icons from having no contrast against a desktop picture.

Besides I don't think Microsoft would create such an ugly wallpaper as :

http://i.4cdn.org/g/1411207188393.png

Besides I don't think Microsoft would create such an ugly wallpaper as :

http://i.4cdn.org/g/1411207188393.png

looks very 1900s

So who did create it?  I doubt MS trawl image sharing BBs.   Pretty funky for Edwardian! :rofl:

I wonder if we are just being trolled, they could have purposely misaligned the logo so we think the is a 9 behind Myerson.

BygJ-KIIgAE_Iiy.jpg:large

Wait a minute.... Is that a Microsoft Television set running a new TV Version of Windows with an enhanced Kinect 2.0(More like 2.5) Built-in behind Terry Myerson?

Wait a minute.... Is that a Microsoft Television set running a new TV Version of Windows with an enhanced Kinect 2.0(More like 2.5) Built-in behind Terry Myerson?

Or... simply a MS PixelSense.

Who knows? I've never seen a Pixelsense built exclusively for motioin control that has the Microsoft Logo on it and runs Windows TH on it before.

do we already know which build it is going to be?

Not the exact number, but there is a good idea what it is going to be around. It probably won't be 94xx, I think. FaiKee or Brad are the ones to ask.

It'll probably be one of the 984x builds I bet.  Specially if they're going to have the easy build update program like it looks.  No reason to release an older build since testers will be able to keep getting newer ones as MS pushes them out.

Not the exact number, but there is a good idea what it is going to be around. It probably won't be 94xx, I think. FaiKee or Brad are the ones to ask.

Whoops typo. I read though it would be 983X though

Anyone remembers from the Windows 7 development days (RC or Pre-RTM?) there was also a "leaked screenshot of new theme" where the taskbar was transparent, clock had some sort of purpleish glow to it on the bottom. Someone went through all the trouble to make that screenshot.

Couldnt find any pictures of it any longer, but I remember it was cool

I think the most disappointing thing from the update is that it appears that the taskbar will still be transparent https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-9-start-menu-changes-color-to-match-the-theme I use Opaque Taskbar 2.5.0.0 to toggle that atm so I can at least disable the transparency myself :P Stuff like this is what made Tweak UI perfect!

Dont forget everyone, when this is released, goto the Start Screen, and select the thumbs down option.
Thanks, carry on.

Dont forget everyone, when this is released, goto the Start Screen, and select the thumbs down option.

Thanks, carry on.

Let's not start this up again, just use whatever you want, now you have choice officially from MS.

• Like 3

I think the most disappointing thing from the update is that it appears that the taskbar will still be transparent https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-9-start-menu-changes-color-to-match-the-theme I use Opaque Taskbar 2.5.0.0 to toggle that atm so I can at least disable the transparency myself :p Stuff like this is what made Tweak UI perfect!

Not everything looks modernized yet, so that means the issue could be gone when they release a later build after the Tech Preview.

I think it'll be disappointing that the new taskbar won't be revealed for this.

Also, not sure why too many here are over analyzing the Terry Myerson image. If the name has still yet to be chosen, there isn't anything hiding behind him.