[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I don't like that the user name and picture don't line up with the other entries in the Start menu. I know the former is using larger font, but they should still line them up.

I can't be for sure but, if you look at the build number, though it's blurred you can sort of make it 9857 I think?  Maybe it's just me.  Maybe it's 9847?

the more I look at that image the more I think it's probably fake.

the main thing that makes me think it is look at the explorer icon in the taskbar. the clip is transparent & shows the background but the one in the menu looks normal

edit: i guess Dot agrees with me lol

I don't like that the user name and picture don't line up with the other entries in the Start menu. I know the former is using larger font, but they should still line them up.

i suppose it could sort of make sense to emphasize a parent->children relation there

the more I look at that image the more I think it's probably fake.

the main thing that makes me think it is look at the explorer icon in the taskbar. the clip is transparent & shows the background but the one in the menu looks normal

http://twitter.com/cadenzza92/statuses/513775457360433152 ;)

Intresting, however, a couple of issues:

- The startmenu is transparent

- Allignment of some things are wrong

what's your reference point though? We don't know what kind of changes MS has in store for future versions, do we?

not saying it's either real or fake. But i don't find that particularly convincing.

not saying it's either real or fake. But i don't find that particularly convincing.

It honestly looks like someone is using a Start Menu replacement. That screenshot just screams third party hack job. The Metro Documents icon is a dead giveaway.  

Nor do I, especially since the picture seems to have been taken with a camera and is obviously slightly skewed in perspective.

Wouldn't a prior source for that wallpaper help determine where this is coming from?  Seems rather novel and 'on-message'?  Would a faker go to such trouble as to create it?  Anyone seen it before?

FWIW I like it. 

Dot is no authority when it comes to authenticity.

I think that image is real. I am liking the changes. Here are reasons why the image is real.

If you look very very carefully, the explorer icon on taskbar and start menu are exactly same. The blue lines of the circle make the explorer icon look a bit different but is exactly the same same. 

The misalignment is possible in beta days. If someone is pro enough to fake icons and transparency, then they will be careful enough to make sure the alignments are perfect too.

So yeah!! (Y)

Thumbs up Microsoft

• Like 2

So the proof thurott thinks it's real is a screenshot of a webmail, not an actual post on his site....

seems legit :rolleyes:

We'll see on the 30th. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's fake. It seems kind of pointless for someone to add transparency to the Start Menu and change the Notifications icon just to fool people. What would be the motive behind something like that? "I really really really like AeroGlass and the Notifications icon it's... it's too small."