[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

When trying to search for existing feedback on Windows Feedback app, I get this:

There was a problem contacting the service. This may be due to a loss of your internet connection or a problem with the service.

Reload.

It used to work just fine.

Pretty sure Microsoft would be really irritated after going through stupid feedback from some stupid people, I got my mind upside down after reading few in Microsoft Feedback app.

Reported some stupid Goof-ups of previous OS and still reproducible in Windows 10:

Listed here: http://www.askvg.com/windows-8-bug-report/

Said "Me Too" on some good bugs like "Paste and Go" for IE, "Clock on Mult-imonitor", drag and drop of windows between Desktops etc.

It seems that Microsoft has added more options to the All Apps portion of the Start screen in the Windows Technical Preview. I don't recall seeing these options in Windows 8.1: Today, Yesterday, Last Month, Earlier this Year.

Now I am hoping for these features.

sLoKfUK.png

Note that the context of my previous message referred to the CEIP in the Windows operating system.

Do you have a source for the claim that the CEIP was introduced in Windows XP SP2? From what I have searched for on TechNet I am unable to find this information. The closest thing I have found is a CEIP for Media Center in Windows XP Media Center edition.

I TESTED XPSP2 - therefore, my experience with it is rather thorough.  There is a reference to the CEIP when launching any PC that comes with the primarily-slipstreamed XPSP3 as well - however, it shows up as part of the OOBE.  However, the CEIP itself predates it.  The very reason why the CEIP was added TO XPSP2 was because it actually DID provide valuable feedback - especially for the Office and peripheral teams (examples are the hardware teams - primarily mice and keyboards).

I TESTED XPSP2 - therefore, my experience with it is rather thorough.

That's . . . wonderful, but that does not really prove what you claim. I had just wondered though, so thank you for at least responding to my question.

Two things I have noticed:

• When a Toast notification pops up to give feedback, once you have given your feedback, there is no back button in the feedback app to view other suggestions and feedback
  • the CLOSE (Red X) button on the top right STILL has the Windows 9x style yellowed tooltip! Been that way through every Windows version.

What software did you use for extracting the .iso file on a bootable USB stick?  I have Windows 7 but want to try WIndows 10 technical preview on another computer.

Thank you,

What software did you use for extracting the .iso file on a bootable USB stick?  I have Windows 7 but want to try WIndows 10 technical preview on another computer.

Thank you,

7-Zip, among other things, works fine on extracting ISOs

Thank you,

This works great

Rufus

http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Create bootable USB drives the easy way :)

Thank you,

Just copy paste everything. Worked fine for me last time. The trick with bootable USBs is to have them in the proper file system.

Mmmm, yes the USB stick is FAT32, guess it must be NTFS.. reformatting.  Tried with 7-Zip but it did not boot, that must be the file system.

Thank you,

Mmmm, yes the USB stick is FAT32, guess it must be NTFS.. reformatting.  Tried with 7-Zip but it did not boot, that must be the file system.

Thank you,

Easiest way is to just use the Windows 7 DVD to USB tool from MS themselves. Works like clockwork. 

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

• Like 2

Thank you,

It doesn't matter unless you want to use UEFI. FAT32 will be needed for UEFI boot.

Anyone who knows when we're going to get the first update on WTP?

You mean a whole new build?  Good question, I'm thinking at best before the end of this month, if not then sometime in November they'll have to push out an update.  I can't imagine we go from this TP to the rumored Consumer Preview in January or February without at least one updated build between the two.

You mean a whole new build?  Good question, I'm thinking at best before the end of this month, if not then sometime in November they'll have to push out an update.  I can't imagine we go from this TP to the rumored Consumer Preview in January or February without at least one updated build between the two.

I was more hoping on bi-monthly updates with new/enhanced features

I was more hoping on bi-monthly updates with new/enhanced features

Yeah, just something, at least.   In order to get the most out of the program and the feedback you'll have to push out builds and add in changes and new features little over time instead of just giving us this and then nothing till January or February.   Things like the notification center and even Cortana can be useful for business and not just consumers IMO. 

We haven't gotten any updates on where the internal builds are, are they still in the 984x area or have they hit 985x? 

Yeah, just something, at least.   In order to get the most out of the program and the feedback you'll have to push out builds and add in changes and new features little over time instead of just giving us this and then nothing till January or February.   Things like the notification center and even Cortana can be useful for business and not just consumers IMO. 

We haven't gotten any updates on where the internal builds are, are they still in the 984x area or have they hit 985x? 

As long as it's not a 4GB file we have to download to upgrade every time.

Just through Windows Update or smaller downloads through the Preview builds

I don't want to download 8 hours every time there is a new version :)

But I agree, Notifications, Cortana, even updates to the most common requests or bugs.

The TP has only been out a week so lets see what they do by mid next week

I think we might  get the first update on Update Tuesday (Microsoft renamed Patch Tuesday back in August to "Update Tuesday"). It fits with the rumoured bi-weekly updates AND is on a logical day for a Windows Update.

8 hours? mine finished in 3 minutes

As long as it's not a 4GB file we have to download to upgrade every time.

Just through Windows Update or smaller downloads through the Preview builds

I don't want to download 8 hours every time there is a new version :)

Apple was releasing Yosemite builds every two weeks on Tuesday or Wednesday, IIRC. I'd imagine a similar release cycle for Microsoft. After all, a rapid release cycle will need testing, too.