Windows 10 Privacy - Keylogger

Previous versions of Windows used to gather data anonymously and I remember Microsoft explicitly stating that the data collected was anonymous and not used to identify you.

But now Microsoft has seen how much revenue can be generated by having every information of their users down to the last keystroke. They also mention that they will profile you based on your data. (I hate this bull$*** reason that we profile you to give you richer ads and improve our software)

Collecting data while under public preview is OK. But collecting it forever from unsuspecting gullible users is EVIL.

Now I put Microsoft under same category as Google and Apple. Just private info greedy corporations who will collect all the data they want. They will tell you that it would be used to improve customer experence. But in the end they will design their OS in such a way that every tap every click would be designed to extract money from you. The whole OS would transition itself into one giant pile of IAP.

Hm? I think you missed my point; as far as data anonymity goes, that is irrelevant as it is not why I mentioned conspiracy territory. You previously wrote that "Even though the telemetry comes up as disabled, it is hard to prove that it has actually been disabled." Could this same statement be said about telemetry in previous versions of Windows? If so, at what point then, does one determine that telemetry actually has been disabled, if the user does not believe the operating system statement that it is disabled?

Hm? I think you missed my point; as far as data anonymity goes, that is irrelevant as it is not why I mentioned conspiracy territory. You previously wrote that "Even though the telemetry comes up as disabled, it is hard to prove that it has actually been disabled." Could this same statement be said about telemetry in previous versions of Windows? If so, at what point then, does one determine that telemetry actually has been disabled, if the user does not believe the operating system statement that it is disabled?

The thing is in Group Policy Microsoft clearly states that telemetry can't be disabled even if set to 0 on Home and Pro versions. We are using a reg hack and batch file to disable it on those two editions. So whether reg hack overrides Microsoft's rules is to be seen.

It's an important discussion. It is also one that will be impossible to have on Neowin. Pretty sad really.

What exactly is there to discuss?

Not being an Android user or iOS user it makes me wonder if they have similar things going on for Siri, Google Now and autocorrect dictionaries.

If the problem that its not easy to turn off - or is it that its there in the first place?

Not being an Android user or iOS user it makes me wonder if they have similar things going on for Siri, Google Now and autocorrect dictionaries.

If the problem that its not easy to turn off - or is it that its there in the first place?

Problem is it's not easy to turn off.