Speed test your connection

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Can't seem to find a server that shows my full speed (1000/35).

Maybe they're lying to you... :shiftyninja:

@Mindovermaster

I think there might be some growing pains too. It just came out and hasn't been advertised in my city yet. Its better than 300/30 though ;) I'm also unsure if I am taxing my router.

• DaveLegg changed the title to Speed test your connection

118.7/6.0 (both Mbps) - MegaPath Washington, DC test server.

This is Xfinity's second SLOWEST offering currently (only Economy/Essentials is lower); I'm far from pressed, however - it MORE than cuts the ketchup.

2 hours ago, John. said:

The hell? Are you an ISP or something?

Nope, welcome to New Zealand Internet! 

A big shout out to our Australian cousins with NBN - you know why!

1 hour ago, BudMan said:

@Mud W1ggle  Nice... That is some smoking speed! 

Here a buddy's test from Chicago on the new at&t fiber..

buddyspeed.thumb.jpg.faac8b19a3427968ee2682e16391618a.jpg

Would love to have that upload..

That is epic!

• 2 weeks later...

6869516176.png

Temporarily got two Virgin Media connections here, so teamed them using pfSense whilst I got the chance.

VM Residential - 200/12

VM Business - 350/7

Still laughably slow upload speeds even when teamed! :D

Here are my results this morning. I pay for 200/20 so they are delivering (as they usually do) slightly better speeds.

6875661303.png

@adrynalyne  Freaking SWEET dude.. That is just smoking.. 3ms response and an upload to freaking drool over ;)  Its a networking geeks p0rn to be sure ;) Enjoy!!

On a side note - we have a oc48 with CL.. that I have to deal with.  It is worse connection I have ever seen ever... It either down or taking errors..  It is the connection from HELL!!!  Took them over 2 weeks to clear up errors we were seeing on the line just recently... Finally looked clear before I went on pto on friday.. Just went down yesterday.. I was on pto but my phone was still blowing up over it.. Good thing its just a backup link...  But I sure hope you you don't have issues like we have on an oc48 which should be crystal/stable/etc..

59 minutes ago, BudMan said:

@adrynalyne  Freaking SWEET dude.. That is just smoking.. 3ms response and an upload to freaking drool over ;)  Its a networking geeks p0rn to be sure ;) Enjoy!!

On a side note - we have a oc48 with CL.. that I have to deal with.  It is worse connection I have ever seen ever... It either down or taking errors..  It is the connection from HELL!!!  Took them over 2 weeks to clear up errors we were seeing on the line just recently... Finally looked clear before I went on pto on friday.. Just went down yesterday.. I was on pto but my phone was still blowing up over it.. Good thing its just a backup link...  But I sure hope you you don't have issues like we have on an oc48 which should be crystal/stable/etc..

Wow that is terrible. Is the line just bad? I dont know much about oc-48. 

Over the years they have swapped out equipment, they have changed cards they have changed paths.. Now some of the issues have been fiber cuts, which not much you can do about that... But when it takes them weeks to track down errors being seen its really bad.. We don't see the errors, escalate, we don't see the errors, escalate it even higher and higher - finally oh yeah we are seeing errors here.. Then the errors go away for a while, etc..

While on the other hand the primary line with level 3 has pretty much been error free and up constantly for the same years.. Funny thing is that level 3 and CL are now the same company ;)  The oc48 is sonet which normally are just rock solid.. This has been nothing but hell.. While they have agreed to let us out of the contract without penalty... Getting the customer to agree to change the setup and pay for charges on moving it, etc.  Has been its own nightmare...

I would have to recheck the logs - but the previous record without any issues had been 33 days..  It sucks when you get called at 2 am in the morning because there are errors being seen on a backup link ;)  But have had to put the thing into constant monitoring and vigilance because its just so freaking bad..   I sure hope that 2 star rating on isp on your speedtest is not something you have to deal with..  It is a screaming connection it looks like to be sure.. 

One thing I have noticed is have a hard time maxing out even my 500mpbs download.. But I have done it - had to do multiple sessions grabbing a 35GB tar file...  But was freaking amazing getting such a large file in a few minutes ;)

On 12/18/2017 at 5:33 PM, adrynalyne said:

I dumped Cox.

Capture.PNG

We don't have that yet from CenturyLink up here in Queen Creek.  Is that DSL from CenturyLink?  If I had those kinds of speeds I would dump Cox too?  What are you paying for that?

6 minutes ago, devHead said:

We don't have that yet from CenturyLink up here in Queen Creek.  Is that DSL from CenturyLink?  If I had those kinds of speeds I would dump Cox too?  What are you paying for that?

It’s Fiber. I’m paying 85 a month without contract. 

On 12/19/2017 at 12:33 AM, adrynalyne said:

I dumped Cox.

Capture.PNG

dood you almost 10x faster than my works MPLS :| and light years beyond me....

6903665625.thumb.png.8eb297274be24e4bdd68e9832151e2aa.png

^ im lucky to get that, only 6 months old connection.

6 minutes ago, Mando said:

My house was built in February so I was lucky enough to have ftth. It’s only just recently I found out CL even offered it. 

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

My house was built in February so I was lucky enough to have ftth. It’s only just recently I found out CL even offered it. 

So, you're using a business plan? 

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2017 at 2:22 AM, Mando said:

Post BT visit, new linebox fitted at point of entry (had an old metal fixture line) and a new FTTC faceplate fitted. BT did good by me :p 

7071794484.png