Speed test your connection

4076669556.png

Would be nice to finally have some ISP's that offered good upload speeds here in the UK, i guess if you want that you need to be paying

• 2 weeks later...

Did some tweaking and ended up with this :)

4123538641.png

Finally get to use my full bandwidth... lets see if it stays that way at 8pm then I know its stupid ISP cant handle load! :angry:

4123645388.png

Could probably squeeze out 10Mbps more if I booted my desktop to try wired. This is more or less the maximum download speed I get with my WiFi (E4200v1, so not even AC).

Pay for 160/10, so pretty happy with the results.

On Virgin Media and ust done mine and got 53.99 up and around 3 down - I pay for upto 50.  That makes a change from recent times when the download speed has been down to between 3-5.  This is due to high utilisation, and they reduce everyones speed at peak times.  Gonna call them and arrange a credit for this as they aren't looking into it until April.

• 2 weeks later...

On Virgin Media and ust done mine and got 53.99 up and around 3 down - I pay for upto 50.  That makes a change from recent times when the download speed has been down to between 3-5.  This is due to high utilisation, and they reduce everyones speed at peak times.  Gonna call them and arrange a credit for this as they aren't looking into it until April.

If it's that bad, it'll probably need a resegment, which means waiting for council planning permission (hence the long wait).

They usually won't make you pay for broadband until it's fixed. 

• 1 month later...