[VS] XPAmp 1.9

Wow... this theme is GREAT, an instant favorite -and my new desktop. However, one complaint: why do my taskbar notification are icons disappear upon reboot? If I repply the .msstyles file they're back, but...??

Thanks lots for this wonderful thing!

Gryzor

I have this problem too. Any way to fix it?

/appointed Grammar Patrol deputy

And Trust, did you create the quote in your sig, or are you quoting someone else? You should change the last "or" to "nor" if it's yours. :p

/turns in badge.

isnt mine, is by Benjamin Franklin. Ask to him :D

how fast do you think we can make these...damn

these extra colors aren't just mods really. we have to redo almost everything.

Hey thanks you too. I wanted to chime in again to tell you how good of a job you are doing. I do agree with some of the other posts that a whole system XPAmp conversion would be awesome (login, boot screen and all ) But I also know that time is valuable. And that you can't rush perfection.

I also wanted to mention a few of the winamp color themes that might make great colors for your visual styles.They are as follows.....not in any particualar order:

VARSITY

URANIUM

JEANS

DYMUNDS

Just some suggestions guys. Keep up the good work.

did you get permission from the origional author to mimic his work?

From the Readme.TXT where it should be

PAmp v1.2

by: StevoFC and n00dle

ion 1.0

...........................................................................................................

permission granted by sven, the original author of the skin for winamp.

important part of email...

Wednesday, December 31, 2003 3:38:21 AM

Visual Style based on Modern

Hi Chema, hi Steve,

Looks great. There is no problem for you to release this theme. You have

the permission.

X:-) Sven

From the Readme.TXT where it should be

that's great, if you download the style, but I wasn't going to downlaod this until I knew sven gave permission. I didn't want to support a style ripper, but now I know he got permission, I might download it. idk. It's nifty, but....idk.

that's great, if you download the style, but I wasn't going to downlaod this until I knew sven gave permission. I didn't want to support a style ripper, but now I know he got permission, I might download it. idk. It's nifty, but....idk.

well we said in the preview thread we weren't going to release it until we got the permission needed.

so...

and by the way. clover is now done also.

so that makes modern, citrus, clover, and monodark all just about done.

This is turning into Halo 2...the most anticipated theme of the century! :D

im sorry, but the most anticipated theme for me, is bbx omega...and besides how can we be waiting for a release thats already been released (even with the new colors its still XPAmp :) )

no offence but, damn that start icon sux really bad...

but compact menu looks nice :D

No problem - none taken. I just prefer an icon for the start button instead of START which most people tend to put on themes, and the Winamp lightening bolt seemed like the ideal choice. Plus I have Winamp installed so it was easy to just copy the lightening bolt over. I agree it's pretty plain and emtpy - I was just putting an idea forward - maybe someone could come up with a better icon?

Awesome Theme...

1) I found sone very small things, you may can fix ?! (see attached image..)

2) And maybe change the gradient color on tabsheets - like in the system properties dialog for expample...so that you can better see the groupbox borders....or simply change these colors ?!?!

3) Are the simple empty blue window captions during maximizing or minimizing animations a bug or a feature ?? ;)

post-36-1073081411.jpg

Edited by trAsher

umm well those of you that have restarted since applying this vs should have noticed the bug that cuts off the buttons, and in some cases even makes the tray icons go away. i am in the process of totally reworking all graphics and settings in the taskbar. the taskbar has gotten slightly taller (about 1-2 pixels) but as of now that is the only was i can fix it.

so n00dle, when you make it online again i have to show you everything i changed (which is a lot.)

umm well those of you that have restarted since applying this vs should have noticed the bug that cuts off the buttons, and in some cases even makes the tray icons go away. i am in the process of totally reworking all graphics and settings in the taskbar. the taskbar has gotten slightly taller (about 1-2 pixels) but as of now that is the only was i can fix it.

so n00dle, when you make it online again i have to show you everything i changed (which is a lot.)

As long as it's fixed that's great. (Y)

StevoCF,

I wonder if the reason some people are having problems with the icons disappearing is because of the color resolution they are running? I noticed that when I was working on some of the bitmap fixes I submitted that the orginal was only 256 colors. When I did the fixes I saved and submitted them as 24bit - bitmaps. Just for the heck of it I pulled up MS Luna vs and saved a bitmap to find out in what resolution they made there's. It's 24bit - bitmap.

Just a thought for you to think about. Not that you don't have enough to do as it is.

Thanks again guys we really do appreciate your time and effort as you can tell fom the great response you've gotten from this so far.

Cheers! :D

First of sorry for not posting any thumbnails as i am to lazy to create... :p ... Second "Veredus" mentioned the aqua background earlier.. I have found it buried under a lot of junk in my computer... So here ya go:

aquawall.rar