[VS] XPAmp 1.9

@bostonfax,

If you install StyleXP 4.01 Beta or whatever, there are FOOOD's Eyecandy Icons that you can apply. Thats just all I did for those.

---

I also fixed the taskbar button where the pixel or something was miscolored. I messed with it and made it look a bunch better.

I'll post up a .zip file with the fix sometime later for those who want it.

How do you get the slim version? Can you email it to me? I've seen it done in other VS but have never been able to aquire it?

Im sorry - I cant email it to you, it's just a personal mod. Download Style Builderand have a look at this thread here if you want to make your own compact start menu. Just copy the figures from a theme that already has a compact start menu - it's really simple.

StevoFC and ..n00dle.. have said that they will include a compact start menu in the final version so you could just wait for that if you dont want to do it yourself.

Hey guys im new and im not sure how to get this VS to work on my comp, Im running WinXP Home edition with service pack 1 so can some one tell me how im supposed to get this to work? Sorry but im a noob to all these features in windows. So perhaps a link to a thread that explains it all but i couldn't find anything to help me...

Hey guys im new and im not sure how to get this VS to work on my comp, Im running WinXP Home edition with service pack 1 so can some one tell me how im supposed to get this to work? Sorry but im a noob to all these features in windows. So perhaps a link to a thread that explains it all but i couldn't find anything to help me...

You can check out this thread here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=117692

Basically you need to have the uxtheme.dll patched in order to use these themes. Alternatively, you can download the shareware version of StyleXP from www.tgtsoft.com

When you're done patching/installing, just extract the file to your windows\resources\themes folder. If the ZIP file does not have folder names attached to the files that needs to be extracted, then you just need to extract it to your windows\resources\themes\<zip file name without extension here> (ex: c:\windows\resources\themes\xpamp).

Hope this helps.

I'm wondering if additional work will be done to the vertical taskbar? As of version 1.2 it's pretty crappy in compairison to the horizontal taskbar. I have grown accustomed to vertical taskbar with my use of blackcomb/longhorn type themes. Great theme! keep up the excellent work! I'm looking forward to dark versions of this theme.

Wow... this theme is GREAT, an instant favorite -and my new desktop. However, one complaint: why do my taskbar notification are icons disappear upon reboot? If I repply the .msstyles file they're back, but...??

Thanks lots for this wonderful thing!

Gryzor

This VS is awesome!

Just when I had EVERYTHING converted to ReLuna (Wallpaper, login, WinAMP skin, etc), you had to release this one...

I'm lovin' it!

For those of you looking for a good wallpaper, I have one called Aqua - Graphite that I think came with a StyleXP beta... it goes with the theme beautifully!

I attached a screen shot.. I'll have to figure out where I got the wallpaper to give you a link...

post-36-1073058717.jpg

no offence but, damn that start icon sux really bad...

but compact menu looks nice?:DD

btw, I like that colors themes!. Orange and black by now. What about bitter lemon?

how fast do you think we can make these...damn

these extra colors aren't just mods really. we have to redo almost everything.

no offence but, damn that start icon sux really bad...

but compact menu looks nice :D

btw, I like that colors themes!. Orange and black by now. What about bitter lemon?

I agree about the start button... the way it is now is sharp.

Great tease on that MonoDark... I'm anxiously awaiting that release.

Now we need a login screen!!!

And a WMP skin...

And MSN skins...

*sigh* See what you've started?

/appointed Grammar Patrol deputy

And Trust, did you create the quote in your sig, or are you quoting someone else? You should change the last "or" to "nor" if it's yours. :p

/turns in badge.