I Messed Up My Xbox While Flashin Bios

hahahahahahaha omg

*sigh*

heheh.

someone should move this post to the jokes section.

You should leave Neowin, and never come back again. I do not like you. This guy's having a problem and you want it moved to jokes...you are dumb.

Easy tiger! People are just being pricks (namely HellBender). Seriously though, go masturbate or something and get your mind off the XBox and all the other **** that happened this past month. Then go on to that mod chip store you spoke of and get yourself some good luck!

You owe me 2 cents for this post :).

make sure you clean yourself up first lol nothing like a white stain to get people staring at you :laugh:

wow thnx 4 those who are so nice to me :) well, to be honest i dont really know wha modchip i have. most likely its matrix cos i flashed it b4 with the 256k bios and it worked. yea i should cheer up now, yay its new year. and yea i should do some xtreme wankin to make myself happy.

wow thnx 4 those who are so nice to me :) well, to be honest i dont really know wha modchip i have. most likely its matrix cos i flashed it b4 with the 256k bios and it worked. yea i should cheer up now, yay its new year. and yea i should do some xtreme wankin to make myself happy.

we know all about the 'xtreme wanking" OMGWTFBBQ LOLOLOLOLOL!111111ONEONEONE1111111 kewl kk kthxbye OMG

damnit i hope my xbox is ok, god damnit man this month i broke my mobo, ipod and now my xbox. OMG god why do u h8 me???????? **** **** **** ****

LOLOLOL funny.

Im not one to ever bash someone ***coffcoff***BULLSH*T***coffcoff*** and already after seeing this thread, many have beaten me to that opportunity. Damn.

Dont touch anything, leave it alone. Dont try to do technical stuff and just run things stock standard.

If you ever have ideas to ever flash something or do something to a expensive piece of equipment, STOP, for the love of god, just stop and do the exact opposite of what you want to do, and the exact ooposite is to do NOTHING.

Did you happen to take apart the ipod and stuff? Are you just interested in electronics or what? If you like tinkering around, the only way your going to get better at it is to do more of it. Preferably on not so expensive things though ;)

Dont touch anything, leave it alone. Dont try to do technical stuff and just run things stock standard.

If you ever have ideas to ever flash something or do something to a expensive piece of equipment, STOP, for the love of god, just stop and do the exact opposite of what you want to do, and the exact ooposite is to do NOTHING.

u think i dont wanna leave it alone. man, everytime when some new bios or program or whatever comes out i get this urge to install them. i tried to stop but i just cant. its like some kinda BS thingy god craved onto my brain. man ever since i was little i get to do weird things like cutin the cord of my RC toy car cos i thought that the cord was annoyin. OMG man i think im DOOMED!!! :pinch:

man ever since i was little i get to do weird things like cutin the cord of my RC toy car cos i thought that the cord was annoyin. OMG man i think im DOOMED!!! :pinch:

LOLOLOL

Ahhh man, you gave me a good laugh.

I know what you are on about though, but i think you should like stop.

Motherboards nowadays have a Windows Flash Utility on most makes that enable you to flash it. Work great and very simple. Always use a final release bios though, not a beta.

As for the ipod and Xbox, i dunno how the bios are flashed for those and i dont know if you flashed the ipod so i wont assume you did that until you tell us.

I remember when i was younger and used to reinstall Windows 98 because it didnt do something i liked. Think i wore out the disk. LOL

But yeh, i know what you mean though but you have to stop until you have a better understanding and/or there are better ways available to do what you wanted to do.

Cheers man

But yeh, i know what you mean though but you have to stop until you have a better understanding and/or there are better ways available to do what you wanted to do.

Cheers man

thats some A+ advice man thnx :D hehe i will try, cos im also sick of re-installin windows every month.

Right, seeing as you can't stop tinkering, go down to Dick Smith's or Tandy or RadioShack or whatever it's called where you live, and buy a few kits. Buy some books, aswell (I stated with the 'Funway into Electronics' series, written and designed by Dick Smith - it's two project guides and a heap of kits to go with). Then, if you really must flash something, buy a BASIC STAMP. It's a microcontroller thingy that you can learn to program an make your own programmed robot thingys and stuff.

Cant be bothered reading 3 pages but your xbox should be easy to fix, take the chip out and flash using your pc... you should have got a programmer when you bought it so plug it into the parallel port and flash your chip then put it back in your xbox.

thats some A+ advice man thnx :D hehe i will try, cos im also sick of re-installin windows every month.

You really should be more careful in future. Maybe you should ask us before doing anything risky...

hi i was flashing 256k x2 4799 bios when it says erasing, system hanged so i turned it off now xbox wont turn on properly, nothing on screen, xbox LED flashes green and red. wha should i do?

if i change the modchip or somehow reflash my current chip will my box be normal again? will my HD data be lost in anyway? plz help me out here, thnx.

Edit: i went on xbox scene to ask 4 help, some1 said i have to use a "programmer" to reflash chip. i asked 4 more details but no one replied. i searched around on xbox scene but didnt find anything. :( omg plz any help would be very nice.

ok, first things first, are you sure that the Xbox even has a mod-chip in it?, from what you have said in your previous posts;

wow thnx 4 those who are so nice to me well, to be honest i dont really know wha modchip i have. most likely its matrix cos i flashed it b4 with the 256k bios and it worked. yea i should cheer up now, yay its new year. and yea i should do some xtreme wankin to make myself happy.

it sounds to me like you got a pre-modded xbox, if that is the case then there is a strong chance that there is no mod-chip and only the TSOP was flashed. TSOP for those who don't know is the chip on the Xbox MB that has the bios on it, most new mod-chips usually, after installation, take over the functions of the TSOP and use the bios on the mod-chip, thus leaving the original bios on the TSOP in a virgin state. Now some mod-chip installers just flash the TSOP (which contains the original MS bios), with a bios (eg.Cromwell) that allows you to run back-ups and such, if this is the case and you have done a bad flash then you are truly ****ed. If on the other hand it does have a mod-chip and contains a LPT connection (should have come with your chip), then just connect it up to your PC and re-flash it.

sorry to hear about all the bad luck you've had with playing around with hardware, expensive hardware to!

Next time get some help from someone, who knows what they are doing and learn from them, and don't try anything yourself!

hope you can still get it fixed...

damnit i hope my xbox is ok, god damnit man this month i broke my mobo, ipod and now my xbox. OMG god why do u h8 me???????? **** **** **** ****

dear god.. you like brake everything u get in your hands :wacko:

Please sell everything you own before you brake something else :p

ok, first things first, are you sure that the Xbox even has a mod-chip in it?, from what you have said in your previous posts;

it sounds to me like you got a pre-modded xbox, if that is the case then there is a strong chance that there is no mod-chip and only the TSOP was flashed. TSOP for those who don't know is the chip on the Xbox MB that has the bios on it, most new mod-chips usually, after installation, take over the functions of the TSOP and use the bios on the mod-chip, thus leaving the original bios on the TSOP in a virgin state. Now some mod-chip installers just flash the TSOP (which contains the original MS bios), with a bios (eg.Cromwell) that allows you to run back-ups and such, if this is the case and you have done a bad flash then you are truly ****ed. If on the other hand it does have a mod-chip and contains a LPT connection (should have come with your chip), then just connect it up to your PC and re-flash it.

Yeh if its a TSOP flash thats bad its preety bad

i think you can save it with a gen 1 mod chip(29 wire)

with this 'Programmer' thing that some people have talked about, can that program any flash memory (from say a USB key or Modem with a flashabble BIOS), or just x-box BIOSes?

Nope. Modchip bios programmers only work for modchips they are designed for. If you could get a programmer SPECIFICALLY for a modem with a flashable bios, then yeah, I spose, but not one of the programmers that are being talked about here.

with this 'Programmer' thing that some people have talked about, can that program any flash memory (from say a USB key or Modem with a flashabble BIOS), or just x-box BIOSes?

you can buy EEProm programers and eprom programers from most electronics supply places, but those require code, usually assembly to be written, and then flashed into the device.. but techincally speaking you can flash about anything with one of those, as long as it's an EEPROM/Eprom (eeprom= Electronically Erasable/Programable Read Only Memory, eprom= Electronically programable Read Only memory) To erase an EPROM you'd need a UV eraser. E/EEprom programers cost 200-400$ usually tho.

Sometimes is just good to tell the truth,

why don't you call Microsoft Support Line and tell them the whole story ? Don't forget to record it :rolleyes: