I Messed Up My Xbox While Flashin Bios

damnit i hope my xbox is ok, god damnit man this month i broke my mobo, ipod and now my xbox. OMG god why do u h8 me???????? **** **** **** ****

hahah, maybe u should learn to leave things alone

Jesus Christ, don't laugh at the guy.

I used to put Heathkits together. Soldering's a bitch. Try putting a shortwave radio together FROM SCRATCH and then see if you laugh at him.

Mike

I used to put Heathkits together. Soldering's a bitch. Try putting a shortwave radio together FROM SCRATCH and then see if you laugh at him.

But you see, we aren't discussing Heathkits, we're discussing how dumb he was for turning off his Xbox during the BIOS flashing sequence. Perhaps a read-through of the thread is in order for you?

But you see, we aren't discussing Heathkits, we're discussing how dumb he was for turning off his Xbox during the BIOS flashing sequence. Perhaps a read-through of the thread is in order for you?

No, you see, that's how dumb most people like yourself are. If the flash hangs there is no choice other than to turn it off. And no, a bios flash doesn't "stall" before continuing it's flashing. It either goes thru or it doesn't. Perhaps you need to re-read the thread.

No, you see, that's how dumb most people like yourself are. If the flash hangs there is no choice other than to turn it off. And no, a bios flash doesn't "stall" before continuing it's flashing. It either goes thru or it doesn't. Perhaps you need to re-read the thread.

Actually, from what I see, machima is correct.

It's completely normal for a flash to "hang" in the middle (i.e. the progress meter stays at 37% for a full minute, and after that, it'll jump up to 60% and hang there again). Clearly, grimreaper did not wait an hour or two before turning it off--nearly anyone who knows how to flash a bios would. He probably saw it stuck at 37% for a few seconds, got ****ed of waiting, and tried to restart it. That's why everyone is bashing on him--because he clearly was (a) impatient and (b) lacking knowledge on how to flash.

next time use flashx to flash your bios (if you have an xecuter chip). you can flash each bank separately. if one messes up, just flip the switch to the 2nd and reflash the first one again.

Clearly, grimreaper did not wait an hour or two before turning it off--

That...is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life. I doubt you've flashed anything in your life let alone give advice on how to do it. There's a difference betweening pausing and hanging. If you've ever flashed a bios before (which, again, I doubt you have), you know the difference between pausing and hanging. The damn box froze. **** happens. He was asking for advice, not to have pimply faced little boys who watch The ScreenSavers with a woody talk down to him becouse his box froze. Give the guy a break. If you don't have an answer for him then keep it to yourself.

Edited by notsobetter

I like to take stuff apart.

See I get really inspired to do something big with some electronic and then I ruin it. Like one time I tried to get a gamecube controller wo work on ps2. I killed the ps2 controller and barely saved the GC controller. I also tried to paint my SNES but I did a half-assed job and spent the rest of the day scrubbing with mineral spirits :(

That...is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life. I doubt you've flashed anything in your life let alone give advice on how to do it. There's a difference betweening pausing and hanging. If you've ever flashed a bios before (which, again, I doubt you have), you know the difference between pausing and hanging. The damn box froze. **** happens. He was asking for advice, not to have pimply faced little boys who watch The ScreenSavers with a woody talk down to him becouse his box froze. Give the guy a break. If you don't have an answer for him then keep it to yourself.

Ow, stop insulting me, you're gonna make me cry :laugh:

How do you know that it froze and didnt just pause. On the first post he said his "system hanged" maybe he was just impatient and thought it was hanging.

Uhm, I think i'd know. I've flashed my Xbox many times and it's done things like this. I just left it on for a few hours and it finished. When you're flashing BIOS's, if it doesn't flash, then what? You're just going to turn it off and get a new one after only waiting 20mins? **** no. You leave the damn thing on for as long as needed (I had to leave mine going for 16+ hours once) and hope that it does it. And if it still doesnt complete after leaving it on for 24 hrs THEN you can turn it off and go get another.

Also, it doesn't "Stall", it is still installing but it just doesnt update the progress bar for a reason. It's like when you're installing programs, it looks like it's hung there, but it's really still installing.

****, some people....

my i sent my xbox for repairs. the guy said hes having trouble fixing it. i thought changin another modchip would solve the problem but noooooooooo god just has to stand in my mother****ing way. whyyyyyyyyyyy????????????

I don't have time to read all the replies but you did make sure to fill the banks on the modchip right? I mean you have to make sure that the 1mb free space is used up COMPLETELY.

my i sent my xbox for repairs. the guy said hes having trouble fixing it. i thought changin another modchip would solve the problem but noooooooooo god just has to stand in my mother****ing way. whyyyyyyyyyyy????????????

Because you touch yourself at night.