I Messed Up My Xbox While Flashin Bios

I just flashed mine 2 days ago, and everything was fine... I used raincoat, and altho it paused a few times during the writing of the 256k chip, I knew better than to turn the box off. It should be right tho, if those people at the shop know what they're doing, ur box will be back up and running in little time ;).

hi i was flashing 256k x2 4799 bios when it says erasing, system hanged so i turned it off now xbox wont turn on properly, nothing on screen, xbox LED flashes green and red. wha should i do?

if i change the modchip or somehow reflash my current chip will my box be normal again? will my HD data be lost in anyway? plz help me out here, thnx.

Edit: i went on xbox scene to ask 4 help, some1 said i have to use a "programmer" to reflash chip. i asked 4 more details but no one replied. i searched around on xbox scene but didnt find anything. :( omg plz any help would be very nice.

There is an old saying that goes like this:

"If it ain't broke...Don't fix it."

If your XBOX was working fine in the first place, why try to mess with it? You should have left it alone. Flashing BIOS is dangerous if you don't know how to do it properly and it should only be done IF you are having problems with the system.

I flashed my computer bios yesturday and it went fine, although you should NEVER turn it off when you are flashing. It may have looked as though it was doing nothing but it probably was.

There is an old saying that goes like this:

If your XBOX was working fine in the first place, why try to mess with it? You should have left it alone. Flashing BIOS is dangerous if you don't know how to do it properly and it should only be done IF you are having problems with the system.

CRAP !

Its called progress, Ive flashed my box with nearly every new bios to be released.

There are new additions and bug fixes to xbox bios happening almost on a weekly basis.

D.

ps: you just gotta know what your doing....RTFM

im to lazy to read this topic but me being a xbox Xpert :)

You can fix your xbox. If your flashing the TSOP(fireware, bios on the motherboard) and you dont have a modchip then you will need to get a modchip and flash you TOSP with one downloaded.. BUT you cant go on xbox live now, Any TSOP you download the it will be banned from XBL

If You have a modchip and was flashing the modchip's bios, i think the Xecuter 2 dosent have a programer (lets you flash it from your pc) so you will need to buy a new modchip and if you get the same one you can prolly get the same one and connect the conneters and no soldering.

If you have a modchip and was flashing the TSOP it was like #1

cudos to grimreaper for having the balls to experiment with his toys. That's how you learn. He most likely is more knowledgable on many technologies than most of the people who are bashing him.

CRAP !

Its called progress, Ive flashed my box with nearly every new bios to be released.

There are new additions and bug fixes to xbox bios happening almost on a weekly basis.

D.

ps: you just gotta know what your doing....RTFM

I know... but in this case the saying speaks true because the thing that ain't broke is in the hands of a n00b

cudos to grimreaper for having the balls to experiment with his toys. That's how you learn. He most likely is more knowledgable on many technologies than most of the people who are bashing him.

Experimenting is one thing, doing things which are widly published as pretty risky (ie: failure = dead hardware) is just stupid IMO.

One of the important elements of experimentation is risk evaluation, obviously that didn't occur here ;)

I'm guessing that I have an bios problem too, although it didnt occur when upgrading it. I changed out my 80 gig drive to swap back with the original 10 and now my little xecutor LED wont come on, the power button flashes orange / green and I get an error 16 on screen - cant boot into Slayers CD, neither the MS dash or Evox will boot (no suprise considering they arent installed really) but it I'm quite worried that I cant boot to a cd/cdrw/dvd.

I'm thinking that I may have dislodged the chip when swapping out the drive and will have to check I guess, but I'm dreading it.

I'm just hoping that the bios I flashed had FTP support or I'm screwed.

i aint got an x box and dont no to much about them but thats the sorta thing ya brain tells you not to play about with.

Dan

Well, its pretty much like having a ham sandwich, then you find some mayo, so you put some mayo on it. If you accidently drop the sandwich while applying the mayo then it is ruined, if it works you get a tastier sarnie.

You rolls the dice you place your bets. Recent bio's have added ftp support and a host of things that the default bios doesnt.

There's a possibility that when you swap out your old graphics card and replace it that an accident will happen (snap off a transister / power surge) that'll damage your entire system, but the whole point of hardware these days is that it is simple enough to add / remove / mess with internals and be safe as long as you take precautions first.

Of course, if you cant afford to replace, then you shouldnt tempt fate.

Experimenting is one thing, doing things which are widly published as pretty risky (ie: failure = dead hardware) is just stupid IMO.

One of the important elements of experimentation is risk evaluation, obviously that didn't occur here ;)

Everything is risky. That's part of the challenge. Experimenting is WHY there are modded Xboxes. Good God man, grow yourself a pair. :crazy:

Well, its pretty much like having a ham sandwich, then you find some mayo, so you put some mayo on it. If you accidently drop the sandwich while applying the mayo then it is ruined, if it works you get a tastier sarnie.

That has to be one of the most random analogies I've ever heard :blink: