Neowin Member's Digital Gallery 2016

On 7/15/2016 at 3:27 PM, Dot Matrix said:

Circumhorizontal arc I captured the other day.

28194511826_aec2dae541_z.jpg

Always wanted to see one of these, but haven't yet. Seen a few circumzenithal arcs, but not a circumhorizontal arc.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:04 AM, Draconian Guppy said:

wow never even knew that existed!

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:22 PM, Boo Berry said:

Always wanted to see one of these, but haven't yet. Seen a few circumzenithal arcs, but not a circumhorizontal arc.

They are quite a sight to see. Hope you're able to see one, one day!

Practicing exposure stacking with my 950 camera with the full moon rising over the Erie Canal in Rochester, NY. Image stacked in Paint.Net, then processed in Camera360 and Adobe Photoshop Windows Phone apps.

28175763070_e2170195ee_z.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dot Matrix said:

They are quite a sight to see. Hope you're able to see one, one day!

Practicing exposure stacking with my 950 camera with the full moon rising over the Erie Canal in Rochester, NY. Image stacked in Paint.Net, then processed in Camera360 and Adobe Photoshop Windows Phone apps.

how many stacked images?

• Like 1

Salamanca
28063426203_840e45ccd6_z.jpg
Date Taken: 2016-07-17 06:55:08
Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D600
Lens: 85.0 mm f/1.8
Focal Length: 85 mm
Mode: Manual
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.003 sec (1/400)
ISO: 200

Her Grand Majesty
28647218306_3064317e9e_z.jpg
Date Taken: 2016-07-08 03:00:16
Lens: 50.0 mm f/1.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
Mode: Aperture-priority AE
Aperture: f/3.2
Exposure Time: 1/4000 sec

Pastelitos de perro
28573375652_45809c7c80_z.jpg
Date Taken: 2016-07-16 09:00:55
Mode: Manual
Aperture: f/3.5
Exposure Time: 0.01 sec (1/100)
ISO: 1600

The incredible hulk
28063422103_b38e098f2a_z.jpg
Street art, Montmartre
Date Taken: 2016-07-11 05:03:43
Exposure Time: 0.001 sec (1/2000)

chateauversailles
28062654194_ff20141ddb_z.jpg
Date Taken: 2016-07-10 02:47:25
Exposure Time: 1/4000 sec

I forgot about this thread; I've actually got something to post on here for once! :p

IMG_1540 - Copy.jpg IMG_1589 - Copy.jpg 

IMG_1693 - Copy.jpg IMG_1842 - Copy.jpg

These are from a photoshoot I did with my ex-girlfriend last month; her first foray into modelling, and I helped her build up a portfolio (started up one of my own, too, although my focus is still on the music industry). She came prepared with a suitcase full of outfits, we just drove to a local park near where I live and started shooting. The rest of the shots that we're using in our portfolios are here (besides a few crops, they're untouched): http://imgur.com/a/gdJ1v

And for those who want the technical details, I used a Canon EOS 1200D on auto (don't judge me, I'm still a noob at this) with the flash disabled, the standard EFS 18-55mm lens that came with it, and for the close-up eye shot at the end of the album, an EF 100mm macro lens, all supported with a Gorillapod SLR.

• Like 4

On July 31, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

The incredible hulk
28063422103_b38e098f2a_z.jpg
Street art, Montmartre
Date Taken: 2016-07-11 05:03:43
Exposure Time: 0.001 sec (1/2000)

I like the hulk art.  Cool!   :) 

3 hours ago, warwagon said:

28108100844_c39d584973_c.jpg

Show off!   :p 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

lovely colors!

Thanks. It was nice evening. And the photo is Long and Multi Exposure (90 secs).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think this describes the weather the past few days here. It's been hazy, hot, and humid.

28950317406_98c4edf75b_z.jpg

• Like 2

While the photos in this thread a all good, the one thing that gets me, is the way that some people put their watermark on the images.

-=fantômas=- - you put your watermark/copyright down at the bottom of your images, but if anyone wanted to use them they can just crop that part out.  I have seen it quite a lot on this and other sites, but if you don't want your images used without credit you need to put the watermark right through the middle of the image.  Why don#t more photographers do this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metallithrax said:

While the photos in this thread a all good, the one thing that gets me, is the way that some people put their watermark on the images.

-=fantômas=- - you put your watermark/copyright down at the bottom of your images, but if anyone wanted to use them they can just crop that part out.  I have seen it quite a lot on this and other sites, but if you don't want your images used without credit you need to put the watermark right through the middle of the image.  Why don#t more photographers do this?

The watermark does not bother me.  I don't care. 

The watermark can tell you who took the photos.   I don't care if the watermark gets cropped out or erased ..

If I don't want the photos to be spread all over the internet, then the watermark can be placed all over the photos instead of placing it in the one of the corners.

If you find out who took it and not sure who it is, you can look it up and learn about the photographer or a company.

But don't forget that some people may have the tools to erase the watermark off the photos if placed in the middle or across the photo.

I'm not a photographer like you guys, but hey I travel and I often take a camera with me:

26378146443_ec685fb5c5_z.jpgFantasmic by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26888403082_aa6560e055_k.jpgBack towards Arabia by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26981926335_015d42ec4a_k.jpgLost river delta by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26708183040_ab20d0e4b4_k.jpgMysterious island by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26376839124_721e341f35_k.jpgHarbour after sunset by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26887707562_01d6b6f109_k.jpgMediterranean coast by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26982609495_c80adc8f0e_k.jpgBriar Patch walkways by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26913115631_6565a2c90f_k.jpgOdaiba in the distance by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26912538851_8fecc806f5_k.jpgToy cars by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26888307642_2bf4a19fce_k.jpgCentral reservation by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26707686350_30a1d84c5a_k.jpgSquark by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26913537961_1a73205cb7_k.jpgKinkakuJi by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26376671174_aeb2ffff92_k.jpgKatsura delta by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26375824664_9388f428a1_k.jpgSunrise at the temple by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26375806964_43c567f0f8_k.jpgSunrise at the temple by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26948975076_d27f5ee282_k.jpgGado-shita by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26707890170_6c1b9fe46e_b.jpgReady for departure by Nik Louch, on Flickr

• Like 5

On 14/8/2016 at 5:14 PM, Nik Louch said:

I'm not a photographer like you guys, but hey I travel and I often take a camera with me:

26378146443_ec685fb5c5_z.jpgFantasmic by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Back towards Arabia by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Lost river delta by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Mysterious island by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Harbour after sunset by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Mediterranean coast by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Briar Patch walkways by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Odaiba in the distance by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Toy cars by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26888307642_2bf4a19fce_k.jpgCentral reservation by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Squark by Nik Louch, on Flickr

KinkakuJi by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Katsura delta by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26375824664_9388f428a1_k.jpgSunrise at the temple by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Sunrise at the temple by Nik Louch, on Flickr

26948975076_d27f5ee282_k.jpgGado-shita by Nik Louch, on Flickr

Ready for departure by Nik Louch, on Flickr

lolwut, these shots are impressive!

Also, welcome back I mean  I guess? :laugh: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

lolwut, these shots are impressive!

Also, welcome back I mean  I guess? :laugh: 

Yeah, I am contributing just to the areas and members that are worthwhile :)  And thanks, but trust me for each good pic there's 100s of crud ones ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • James7 unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Karthik Mudaliar
      GoPro announces Hero 10 Black with HyperSmooth 5.3K at 60 FPS, new processor, and more
      by Karthik Mudaliar

GoPro has announced Hero 10 Black, its latest action camera. The device features a new processor that allows it to capture videos up to 5.3K at 60 FPS while 4K videos can be shot at 120 FPS so that you can show off your cool slow-mo shots. It can also upload your videos to the cloud while being charged although, for that, you would need a GoPro subscription.

The new processor is called GP2 that's replacing the GP1 processors used in GoPro cameras ever since after the Hero 6 Black. The improved processor also allows it to be more responsive, including the touchscreen and the overall interface. GoPro is a market leader in action cams for quite a long time now and much of its competition comes not from other action cams, but smartphones. This is why GoPro has added a smartphone-like approach to how the device processes photos and videos.

For instance, there's now a lot of processing like the new local tone mapping algorithm that's available in both videos and photos. Local tone mapping enhances the contrast in areas that have low details so that it appears with more texture. There's also a significant boost in noise reduction in videos. The Hero Black 10 also includes a new hydrophobic lens cover that sheds off the water, which is great for people using the device in and around the water.

The Hero Black 10 also has great photo improvements. Although the image sensor is the same as that on its predecessor, the image resolution bumps up to 23 MP from 20 MP before. You can also pull individual 19.6 MP frames from your 5.3K videos. With this technique, you get the still in JPG format and not RAW, but it is still good enough for uploading on social media.

As mentioned before, the automatic cloud backup feature will work only for those with a GoPro subscription. Although, if you get the subscription that's available at $49.99 a year, you will get the camera at just $399.98 which is a hundred dollars less than the retail price without the subscription at $499.99.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Apple warns that vibrations from a motorcycle engine may damage iPhone cameras
      by Usama Jawad

A couple of weeks ago, Apple announced a free repairs program for iPhone 12 devices affected by sound issues with the receiver. Now, the Cupertino tech giant has issued an advisory (thanks, MacRumors) for another issue, but it will not be offering free repairs this time.

The problem this time around deals with high amplitude vibrations, such as those coming from a powerful motorcycle engine, affecting the iPhone camera setup. Essentially, numerous iPhone models offer camera-focused technologies such as optical image stabilization (OIS) and closed-loop autofocus (AF), enabling users to take sharp shots while countering effects of gravity and vibrations.

Apple says that while OIS and closed-loop AF are "designed for durability", extended exposure to high-amplitude vibrations at certain frequencies will eventually lead to reduced quality in images and videos. Apple further explains that:

It's unclear why Apple suddenly decided to issue an advisory about this matter given that OIS or closed-loop AF have been available in multiple iPhone models since the iPhone 6s Plus. It's likely that there has been an uptick in similar cases reported by customers. Apple has emphasized that the issue is common across "many" consumer electronics with these camera technologies and is not specific to the iPhone.

• By zikalify
      Motorola launches in-car AI video system for police forces
      by Paul Hill

Motorola has introduced a new AI-enabled in-car video system designed to be used by law enforcement. The system, dubbed M500, has been designed to enhance awareness and safety and to build trust through the communities which the police serve. With the M500, a video recording begins as soon as someone enters the back of a police car which should ensure any incidents are caught on tape if they’re needed for inspection later on.

Commenting on the new technology, Mahesh Saptharishi, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Software Enterprise & Mobile Video at Motorola Solutions, said:

To build trust further, the M500 has been designed to be transparent, inclusive, and fair. It includes built-in guardrails, controls, and audit logs that help promote privacy and encourage responsible use. Additionally, the M500 is able to pair with the V300 body-worn cameras to record events from multiple angles which can give those responsible for reviewing footage a better idea of what’s going on. It also works with Motorola’s CommandCentral to send footage to HQ in real-time.

The M500 is available for pre-order now, to find out more head over to Motorola’s website.

• By Chandrakant
      Oppo showcases its next-gen under-display selfie camera technology
      by Chandrakant Isi

Chinese smartphone maker Oppo has taken the wraps off its latest under-display camera technology for mobile phones. It showcased a prototype featuring a camera concealed under a specially tuned AMOLED display. It even shared a selfie camera sample taken from this prototype.

As per the subsidiary of BBK electronics, this tech is a culmination of years of development in the hardware and software departments. Oppo claims that thanks to its new "transparent screen wiring material" combined with precision manufacturing, users can barely notice any quality difference in the area that sits above the camera.

Oppo seems to have addressed the image quality issues that come with the under-display camera arrangement. Its US-based Research Institutes has come up with AI algorithms to minimize artifacts such as glare and blurriness in photographs. On top of that, the manufacturer claims it has managed to shrink the pixel size to ensure consistent density across the display including the camera area.

For years, delivering a full-screen display has been a tricky task for most smartphone brands. Given the importance of a front-facing camera, manufacturers tend to settle for a distracting notch or punch-hole to accommodate a camera. The pop-up camera mechanism enables manufacturers to deliver a full-screen experience but it isn't an ideal solution due to its reliability issues in the long run. With today's demonstration from Oppo, it seems an elegant solution isn't too far away.

The company is planning on further optimizing its under-display camera tech. Currently, there's no word on when this technology will break cover on Oppo's smartphones. At this point, ZTE Axon 30 is the only commercially available smartphone with under-display camera technology.

• By News Staff
      The Award-Winning Luminar 4 Power Bundle is down to just $39.99
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Apps + Software section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 85% off this Award-Winning Luminar 4 Power Bundle. From photography basics to add-ons and post-processing, these award-winning software will take your shots to the next level.

This bundle consists of the following items:

Luminar 4 AI Photo Editor (Windows & Mac)
      Power of AI to Streamline Your Photo Editing Workflow & Perfect Images with a Single Click Photography Fundamentals Course from ThinkTapLearn
      A Complete Exploration of All the Fundamental Skills Needed to Enter the World of Photography Skies: Power of Nature Add-On
      Make Photos Breathtaking with High-Resolution Sky Textures Captured by Pro Photographers Sky Objects: Amazing Planets Add-On
      The Universe is Just a Click Away with This AI Augmented Sky Pack Looks: Analog Film Add-On
      Give Your Shots Deep, Emotional, Thrilling & Meaningful Vibes with 30 Analog Film Presets LUTs: Street Vibe LUTs
      Get Lost in Blue & Warm Tones of These Urban LUTs Created by Team Skylum This Award-Winning Luminar 4 Power Bundle normally costs $270, but you can pick it up for just $39.99 for a limited time - that represents a saving of $230.01 (85% off). For a full description, spec, and terms, click the link below.

Get the Luminar 4 Power Bundle deal for $39.99
      Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other deals on offer you can check out here.

Enter giveaways: Polycade Home Arcade | $5K in cash | $10K in Crypto Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $1 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Neowin Store for our preferred partners. Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.