Neowin's Official 2004 NFL Playoff Thread!

To jmole, I just think Favre is on such an emotional role that it'll be a tough one for the Eagles.

@ Greenstein, you should be afraid because the Colts offense is lethal. It could be a high scoring affair this weekend.

To jmole, I just think Favre is on such an emotional role that it'll be a tough one for the Eagles.

Well it will be a great game. Favre is playing for his father and we are hungry as hell for to bring a superbowl win after coming short of our goal two years in a row. I think both teams are equally motivated and I think it is going to be close with one team not blowing out the other. This is probably going to be our last chance for a shot at it for a long time so I hope all goes well.

And you may want to read this: Link.

...but history doesn't bode well for the Packers. A win Sunday would make them the first No. 4 seed in 13 years to win a divisional playoff game on the road after playing in the opening round. (Fourth seeds are 0-13 in divisional games since 1990.)

Lol, but then agian the Bucs were not supposed to win under 40 degrees. :rolleyes:

Edited by jmole

Well it will be a great game. Favre is playing for his father and we are hungry as hell for to bring a superbowl win after coming short of our goal two years in a row. I think both teams are equally motivated and I think it is going to be close with one team not blowing out the other. This is probably going to be our last chance for a shot at it for a long time so I hope all goes well.

And you may want to read this: Link.

Lol, but then agian the Bucs were not supposed to win under 40 degrees. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the Eagles last chance. The game should be great though. This weekend is not coming quick enough.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the Eagles last chance.  The game should be great though.  This weekend is not coming quick enough.

Well since this is the year many veterans' contracts are over with, it sort of is. And I agree, this week has been moving way to slow and there is so much freaking hype here it is not even funny.

I hope for Phillies sake that they can resign a few of their key free agents. They're a good team but I don't believe this is their year.

As for Tennesee, they have been rolling with what they've been doing. Line up and attire. It may be a bit supersticious to do so but they want to keep the same winning formula.

I hope for Phillies sake that they can resign a few of their key free agents. They're a good team but I don't believe this is their year.

Ha...for a second there, I thought you were talking about Baseball....:D

:laugh: i thought the same thing, i had to look at the title bar to make sure i was in the NFL thread

What I should have wrote was "Philli's" sake... my bad. Typo gone bad. I meant Philli's like for Philadelpiah's sake but oops. Oh well my bad I apologize one again. :p

What I should have wrote was "Philli's" sake... my bad.  Typo gone bad.  I meant Philli's like for Philadelpiah's sake but oops.  Oh well my bad I apologize one again. :p

hehe..."Philly"

:ninja:

:D

Don't sweat it, BMac.....we all still like ya. :yes:

Can't wait for some football, this is the slowest week and most nervous/anxious/scared week of my life (for other reasons not playoffs :p), I need something to relax with...

Colts and Packers in the Super Bowl :D lol

now that my pick to win the superbowl, Tennessee, has lost, i think im gonna pull for the panthers. i like their team. their fans were fun at the game in atlanta this year, and it would be nice to say atlanta beat the eventual champs and last years champs in the same season :) .. 5-11 wouldnt look quite as bad

now that my pick to win the superbowl, Tennessee, has lost, i think im gonna pull for the panthers. i like their team. their fans were fun at the game in atlanta this year, and it would be nice to say atlanta beat the eventual champs and last years champs in the same season :) .. 5-11 wouldnt look quite as bad

Atlanta would have been a lot better if Vick was healthy all season. Any how this is the playoff thread and my two favourites are in action tomorrow. Here's hoping for the Colts and Pack to pull off upsets. Gotta love the underdogs! :D (Y)

Here's hoping for the Colts and Pack to pull off upsets.  Gotta love the underdogs! :D (Y)

No no, we must all pray for an Eagles' victory tomorrow!!! And now for a momment of silence. "May Darth Dawkins tackle swift and strong tomorrow and peform a full suplex on Farve or Greene, like he did against one of the Redskins recievers last game, to take those two out of the game." :happy:

Edited by jmole

Atlanta would have been a lot better if Vick was healthy all season.

we still could have very easily been a playoff team

we went 5-11

ill show you how our record could have gone - record in parentheses is what our record would have been at the time

week 1 - we won in dallas (1-0)

Week 2 - we were up 17-0 on washington in week 2 in atlanta, should have won (2-0)

Week 3 - got killed by the Bucs (2-1)

Week 4 - beat 23-3 by the panthers (2-2)

week 5 - we led minnesota 20-12 at the half. definitely should have won that one (3-2)

week 6- got owned on monday night against st louis 36-0 (3-3)

week 7 - game was close at first but saints were on their game this day (3-4)

Week 8 - bye

Week 9 - against Philadelphia at home, we all really thought this would be the one to end the losing streak, but once again big interceptions cost us a victor, we could have easily won the game (4-4)

Week 10 - beat NY Giants (5-4)

Week 11 - were up on new orleans 20-3 at the half. no reason whatsoever to lose this game (6-4)

Week 12 - led Tennessee 21-0 in atlanta. you dont blow 21 point leads at home. (7-4)

Week 13 - Reeves decides to go for a field goal rather than an TD, but it was 4th and 24 and houston played a better game. (7-5)

Week 14 - Vick starts. we beat carolina in OT ( 8-5)

Week 15 - Indianapolis beat us bad (8-6)

Week 16 - We beat Tampa (9-6)

Week 17 - We beat Jacksonville (10-6)

10-6 and a likely playoff berth. It was awful watching this team with so much talent just throwing their season away with stupid plays and poor coaching. Things will be different next year. new coaching staff and hopefully vick will be back.

ok you guys with teams in the playoffs can have your thread back now

i know its early in the game but man indy is putting it to the chiefs... gotta start quick on them like the Vikings did... see if the chiefs can bounce back... but like i said its early...

Good Job Peyton Manning. Kansas City didn't know how to defend. Anyway, even though the scores looked very even, Most will agree it was rather one sided. I didn't even count how many TDs came from Passing, but it was maybe 1 or 2, as the dominating force in KC was obviously Priest Holmes! And Hats off to Dante Hall also! And Now we see just what IND's Defense is capable of.

Come on Packers, 2:30 to go up 17-14! 4th down and 1, this is for all the marbles hehe :)

/edit - Doh! Eagles have it close now, tie or the win is in their hands.