Neowin's Official 2004 NFL Playoff Thread!

but you just cant argue with Bulgers numbers up until this point. he earned the right to start that game, while warner started last season 0-5 and didnt play any better in the few games hes played since then. Warner realized it was time for the kid to play and he accepted the role of mentor. I think both QBs are deserving of a starting NFL job, so one of them needs to leave, and i think it will be warner. The fans turned on him when bulger came along so i wouldnt blame him for leaving.

Actually, the numbers lean more towards Kurt. More experience, two Super Bowl Wins, three pro-bowls, better percentage, and better TD average per season. I know his last two years were unacceptable, but he was plagued with an injury and now that he is healthy who knows what he could have done.

Kurt: Link.

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

|              Passing                  |    Rushing    |

+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

| Year  TM |  G |  Comp  Att  PCT    YD  Y/A  TD INT |  Att  Yards  TD |

| 1998 ram |  1 |    4    11  36.4    39  3.5  0  0 |    0    0  0 |

| 1999 ram |  16 |  325  499  65.1  4353  8.7  41  13 |    23    92  1 |

| 2000 ram |  11 |  235  347  67.7  3429  9.9  21  18 |    18    17  0 |

| 2001 ram |  16 |  375  546  68.7  4830  8.8  36  22 |    28    60  0 |

| 2002 ram |  7 |  144  220  65.5  1431  6.5  3  11 |    8    33  0 |

| 2003 ram |  3 |    38    65  58.5  365  5.6  1  1 |    1    0  0 |

|  TOTAL  |  54 |  1121  1688  66.4 14447  8.6 102  65 |    78  202  1 |

Marc Bulger: Link

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

|              Passing                  |    Rushing    |

| Year  TM |  G |  Comp  Att  PCT    YD  Y/A  TD INT |  Att  Yards  TD |

| 2002 ram |  7 |  138  214  64.5  1826  8.5  14  6 |    12  -13  1 |

| 2003 ram |  15 |  336  532  63.2  3845  7.2  22  22 |    29    75  4 |

|  TOTAL  |  22 |  474  746  63.5  5671  7.6  36  28 |    41    62  5 |

Actually, the numbers lean more towards Kurt. More experience, two Super Bowl Wins, three pro-bowls, better percentage, and better TD average per season. I know his last two years were unacceptable, but he was plagued with an injury and now that he is healthy who knows what he could have done.

Kurt: Link.

Marc Bulger: Link

where are you getting the two superbowl wins from? im only counting the one against tennessee..

where are you getting the two superbowl wins from? im only counting the one against tennessee..

Oooh sorry about that. I mean appearances. :rolleyes: I forgot they lost against the Patriots in 2001 by 3 points.

I do not know much about this game but it might be reading? :yes:

That was then: New England 38, Indianapolis 34

Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning/Getty Images

The Patriots led 10-0 after the first quarter and 24-10 at halftime before holding off a furious second-half barrage in which the Colts clawed to within four points. We pick up the action with time winding down in the fourth quarter:

? 1:32 -- First-and-10 at the New England 18: Peyton Manning passes to Marvin Harrison for 9 yards.

? 0:59 -- Second-and-1 at the New England 9: Edgerrin James up the middle for 7 yards.

? 0:40 -- First-and-goal at the New England 2: James off right tackle for 1 yard.

? 0:24 -- Second-and-goal at the New England 1: James up the middle for no gain.

? 0:18 -- Third-and-goal at the New England 1: Manning pass incomplete to Aaron Moorehead.

? 0:14 -- Fourth-and-goal at the New England 1: James up the middle for minus-1 yard.

Indy offensive coordinator Tom Moore took a lot of heat for his red-zone playcalling on that series. Four cracks from the 2-yard line with the offense coming up empty tends to draw the ire of fans and armchair quarterbacks. Call it second-guessing, but running the ball is not the Colts' strong suit. Even with James in tow, Indy's O-line is not the game's most aggressive run-blocking unit. Moore went away from the offense's No. 1 weapon -- the pass -- and even when Manning did put the ball up, it was to Moorehead. Is a rookie receiver the best option in that situation? Maybe if it's Anquan Boldin, but Moorehead had almost as many DNPs (6) as catches (7) entering that game.

This is now: Colts 24, Patriots 21[/b[

I can see it now, Bob from Beantown will begin his e-mail with "How can you pick the Patriots to lose -- at home?!" Then follow that up with the likes of New England has won 13 consecutive games. The Pats are only the third team in history to win 12 in row to end the regular season, and the '34 Bears reached the NFL Championship and the '72 Dolphins won Super Bowl VII. New England had a franchise-record 14 regular-season wins and were 8-0 at Gillette. The Patriots allowed only 68 points at home (fewest by a team in a 16-game schedule) and are 18-3 in their past 21 at home, including the playoffs.

All true, Bob, and don't forget that Tom Brady is 26-4 after Nov. 1, including the playoffs, has never lost playoff game (4-0), has not thrown a pick at home in 282 attempts this season (the most attempts without an INT for a season at home since 1970) and he made his first start against the Colts -- and won -- on Sept. 30, 2001.

But here's why the Colts will win: Manning will throw enough to keep New England's linebackers off balance, thus opening running lanes for James to gash the Patriots' front four (or five or six, depending on what Bill Belichick concocts). The key for Indy's offense will not be Manning, Harrison or James; it's center Jeff Saturday, who will have to survey the Pats' defensive look while anticipating any late, pre-snap movement. After that, hello, Marcus Pollard, whose speed against a 'backer will yield big yardage. Defensively, Dwight Freeney must pressure Brady into a bad decision, which is easier said than done. With Patriots guard Damien Woody doubtful with a knee injury, Russ Hochstein become the focus of the Colts' defensive push.

No offense boog, you're the mod I'm not, but all these random mergers are killing this thread.  Just my opinion though. :p

Thread looks fine to me and I just read it in its entirety. Maybe I missed something having not read it before. Anyway, I don't really talk on Neowin forums much, but I'm here to say GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

The NFC Championship game is most likely going to be an extremely good game. Carolina definitely can come out and win, they do have a good enough team to compete. Whether or not they make stupid mistakes, or play badly is a different story. Once you get the the playoffs, most of the teams are good enough to go all the way if they play well.

Okay, now, I am a Carolina fan, and have been since they joined the league in 1995 because I lived on Raleigh. As much as I would like to just say Carolina in the superbowl, I will say that this game will be extremely hard. I don't know if I would say Carolina is a team that has been playing well enough to be in the Super Bowl, but when they do play well they are unstoppable.

After a lot of thinking, I am going to go with Carolina as my pick for this game for several reasons. I think both teams well matched, so there isn't really too much to pull from there. Philadelphia's crowd however can be VERY harsh on their own team, and I think this can actually work against them. Philadelphia is playing at home, and their crowd will be expecting a win, or they are going to be mad. They have to play well for this crowd, otherwise they will get on the crowd's bad side. Carolina however is already doing much better than anyone expected, and if they lost right now, their season would definitely be considered a success. This means there is no pressure on Carolina. They don't have a home crowd to please. Also, as far as the crowd's factor in the game, Carolina played in a dome last week, domes are much louder than open stadiums, so it should actually be easier for them. Jake Delhomme is a very calm quarterback who helps keep the rest of the team in line and calm. I think with all these factors, Carolina is my pick to pull it out. I don't know if it will be a pretty win, most likely its going to be a VERY good, tough game.

So GO PANTHERS! and may the best team win!

Oh, and here is a treat for you Philly fans :D

32552055_z.jpg

Hahahaha :)

Edited by Betaz

Haha, you are crazy poons :p

You're the one who posted the Panthers NFC Championship shirt... you're the crazy poon :)

E A G L E S -- EAGLES!!!!

You're the one who posted the Panthers NFC Championship shirt... you're the crazy poon :)

E A G L E S  -- EAGLES!!!!

No no, his name is poons (snoop backwards ;))

BTW, why do we have to be the late game? I CAN'T WAIT DAMMIT! :s

No no, his name is poons (snoop backwards ;))

Oh, leave it to me for not noticing something so obvious. :pinch:

:p

Oh, leave it to me for not noticing something so obvious. :pinch:

:p

Haha, I have known him for too long :p That's why, most people wouldn't notice that haha. :D

Patriots are overrated. The truth will be exposed today. :p

Hah... hah... hah... Guess not huh? Well down go the Colts, that makes my first pick correct. Now I can only hope I can get my second one right. Nothing like a late Christmas present huh? :)

GO PANTHERS!!!