Formula 1 World Championship 2017 Season Discussion

6 hours ago, i11usive said:

I see what you did there :shiftyninja:

I didn't even realise what I did until now. :laugh: 

I was hoping Ferrari would be a little closer, that's a scarily consistent 0.5 gap from HAM to BOT. I know it's a new car and all to get used too but that is a lot of lap time to find.

10 hours ago, John. said:

oh this is gonna be a good season

I'm really hoping so. The fp2 time though is only .2 of a second off the qualifying pole lap from last year.

Thought we were meant to see 4-5 seconds a lap difference.

Surely they aren't sandbagging still?

^^ If anyone doesn't know this guy, he does funny recaps of the races. Check out his videos from last season (and the classic ones that went up during the winter break).

Well that was a good start to the season, seems even with the bad strategy call from Merc, Ferrari has the race pace to live with them.

And apparently Red Bull / Renault are still running last years ERS system, so they should gain a few tenths when that arrives, will it be enough and in time is the question.

Hass I think win reject of the race for Grosjean having such a good quali and then having the car fail...although I suppose that makes reject of the race last years Ferrari engine...

I have high hopes for this season though, roll on China.

8 hours ago, philcruicks said:

Well that was a good start to the season, seems even with the bad strategy call from Merc, Ferrari has the race pace to live with them.

And apparently Red Bull / Renault are still running last years ERS system, so they should gain a few tenths when that arrives, will it be enough and in time is the question.

Hass I think win reject of the race for Grosjean having such a good quali and then having the car fail...although I suppose that makes reject of the race last years Ferrari engine...

I have high hopes for this season though, roll on China.

Agreed, although I'd say reject of the race is the Mclaren-Honda partnership :shifty:

I found the race a little boring to be honest, with gritted teeth I'll say it's great Ferrari have finally found their way back to the front to give Merc a challenge.

Bottas had a much better race then I was anticipating, I was really worried through the weekend that he was just going to be completely outpaced by Hamilton but he came back strong towards the end.

2 minutes ago, John. said:

Agreed, although I'd say reject of the race is the Mclaren-Honda partnership :shifty:

Hey, at least one of the McLarens finished, the second made it almost to the end. Compared to the Barcelona tests it's progress.

Reject of the race in my opinion has to be Kevin Magnussen for the entirely unnecessary crash with Ericsson.

China will be a much better benchmark for the 2017 season. Bring it on, and let's see how much the long back straight is going to hurt the McLaren-Honda...