Formula 1 World Championship 2017 Season Discussion

Sauber F1 driver Wehrlein's neck still a concern after RoC crash

Sauber Formula 1 driver Pascal Wehrlein is undergoing further medical examinations this week following his accident during last month's Race of Champions.

The German lost control of his Polaris Slingshot when competing against F1 rival Felipe Massa, making contact with the Brazilian's car, which flipped him over and into a barrier.

Wehrlein emerged seemingly unscathed from the incident but it has emerged he has since undergone a series of medical examinations on his neck with several different doctors.

The diagnoses have been mixed, which sparked the need for further checks, believed to have been instigated at the request of Wehrlein.

Full Story

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

That's excellent news. Thought he was shafted by Ferrari. I imagine he'll be more factory based than track side based on wanting to be around family.

25 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Does F1 still excite you? (Curiosity)

I've started to find myself getting bored watching it...

Yes. With the new aero regulations potentially changing up the pecking order I'm quite looking forward to the 2017 F1 season.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Still love F1!! This year promises to be interesting .. hopefully levels out the playing field a bit.

• Like 1

That Williams looks nice - shame about the 'thumb' nose though. Overall, a good sign of things to come with other designs!

I'll take that image with a pinch of salt, anything released this early on will be missing some key elements to what will turn up to the grid in Melbourne in 5-6 weeks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Yes it does. Some of the new rule changes should make for some interesting racing.

• Like 1

Love the variations in the cars already. Great that they've been given more freedom. Should make for a very good season

4 minutes ago, John. said:

Love the variations in the cars already. Great that they've been given more freedom. Should make for a very good season

What variations? All wings would look same. All cars will have flippers. Only nose cones. But those nose cones variations were there in 2016 as well.

2 minutes ago, coth said:

What variations? All wings would look same. All cars will have flippers. Only nose cones. But those nose cones variations were there in 2016 as well.

We haven't seen all cars yet. Pretty sure some of the bigger teams like Red Bull or Mercedes will have unique aero solutions. 

40 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

We haven't seen all cars yet. Pretty sure some of the bigger teams like Red Bull or Mercedes will have unique aero solutions. 

Yeh I tihnk in front of the side-pods is going to be one of the key aero areas, it's been opened up according to those 2 Merc vids, so then can basically do whatever in there.

I'm not liking the return of the fins too much, especially with the lower wider wing, It just makes it look separated somehow. F1 Cars tend to just be one long extension of itself from nose to rear wing whereas this makes the rear wing look like an after thought.