Formula 1 World Championship 2017 Season Discussion

8 hours ago, philcruicks said:

Haas I think win reject of the race for Grosjean having such a good quali and then having the car fail...although I suppose that makes reject of the race last years Ferrari engine...

HAAS uses the 2017 version of the Ferrari engine if I am not mistaken?

Just sauber using the old one.

4 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Reject of the race in my opinion has to be Kevin Magnussen for the entirely unnecessary crash with Ericsson.

qhVfcb1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

<snip>

China will be a much better benchmark for the 2017 season. Bring it on, and let's see how much the long back straight is going to hurt the McLaren-Honda...

hqdefault.jpg

Still a week to go before the Chinese GP, so how about some off-topic racing to help fill in the gaps? Formula E was a bit crazy last night in Mexico...

17 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Still a week to go before the Chinese GP, so how about some off-topic racing to help fill in the gaps? Formula E was a bit crazy last night in Mexico...

download.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Also, I found this hilarious :laugh:

• Like 2

Yep, I think inter-team battles lead to a better friendlier rivalry so I'm hoping it stays this way for the rest of the season. I can honestly see see-sawing the entire season and it being level at multiple points. It's a refreshing change to see two teams looking so equal, although even if that is only true so far of two of the four drivers.

Great race outside of the top spot too, looked like there was battles all throughout the entire field.

It has been an entertaining race. I'm pleased by the amount of non-DRS overtakes, such as Vettel vs Ricciardo.

Going by the laptimes during the race we could very well have a three team battle for the WCC/WDC. RBR are not far behind Mercedes and Ferrari.

2 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

It has been an entertaining race. I'm pleased by the amount of non-DRS overtakes, such as Vettel vs Ricciardo.

Going by the laptimes during the race we could very well have a three team battle for the WCC/WDC. RBR are not far behind Mercedes and Ferrari.

I'm not sure RBR are close enough to give a real challenge for the championship, if we have more changeable conditions like we did in China then of course they will be right there in the thick of it. 

That opening lap from Verstappen reminded me a great deal of that British race (Donnington?) Where Senna went from 5th to 1st within the first lap. Also, watch long enough to see the save. If you had similar covered as I did then you won't have seen it during the race.

Unfortunately, I think after the last two weekends from Giovinazzi, I'm not sure Sauber can afford Wehrlein to be out of the car anymore. He looked to have good pace in him but he showed he doesn't have the experience to jump in an F1 car right now.

Sadly, I agree. There's only so many mistakes you can make (especially at the same stretch of track) before the lack of experience starts to show through. All the best to him though and I hope that spurs him on

27 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Blimey, that's a shocker.

Indeed. I started a separate thread for it, as it isn't only F1 related: