Updates won't download

I've got an old HP laptop. I'm trying to download updates Windows, and for some reason they won't download. In December 2016, I attempted to download the cumulative update (KB3201845) and it failed to install. 

After running the windows update and letting it sit for over half an hour, nothing has happened. Supposedly, the following update is available: KB2267602 (Definition 1.235.3027.0). Then there is also the update above that failed to install.

What is preventing the updates from downloading and installing?

well, you could try stopping the windows update service and deleting everything inside c:\windows\softwaredistribution and starting the update service back up. Then try the updates again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

well, you could try stopping the windows update service and deleting everything inside c:\windows\softwaredistribution and starting the update service back up. Then try the updates again.

Beat me to it (Y)

While the windows update service didn't stay stopped for long, I deleted what I could from the software update folder, and that worked. I was able to download a backlog of updates.

The install process for the updates seemed to be going well until it stopped at 44%. Hopefully the next time the computer is turned on, the updates will resume.

There are a series of updates you need to install - then it will work right afterwards:

First, disable update service - "set to never check"

Reboot, 

Then install these :

Capture.JPG

You can do the 1st (9) update one, right after another without rebooting.

Before you apply the SP1 - May, reboot.  Install it, reboot again, then finally

Install the May - Sep - (and reboot again)

Then all of your updates will come flying in.

I realize you said you had them up to a certain point - but you need to make sure these are installed....

Or do what warwagon said