Playboy to Feature Its First Transgender Playmate

3 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

LOL, that’s not how chromosomes work.

Oh yeah, I forgot that two chromosomes is all that decided how your entire body is made :rolleyes:

Edited by Andrew

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I can only speak for myself, but I’m not offended. I’m just not interested in this idea that views need to be pushed on others. 

I don't believe that views should be shoved down the throats of others too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I can only speak for myself, but I’m not offended. I’m just not interested in this idea that views need to be pushed on others. 

Who's pushing anything? you're free to buy the issue or not buy it. 

1 minute ago, HawkMan said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that two chromosomes is all that decided how your entire body is made :rolleyes:

Is this still true or is this also offensive now?

squareSugarSpice1.jpg

paging @warwagon

• Haha 1

Is this still true or is this also offensive now?

squareSugarSpice1.thumb.jpg.8eb019ef57fabbeff953519abfabdd90.jpg

I am offended [emoji14]

My daughter does not in any way follow that. You have to be sweet to her at all times or b mode comes out. Teenage years are not going to be pleasant. She isn’t the b word, she is a beast.

2 minutes ago, sc302 said:

I am offended emoji14.png

My daughter does not in any way follow that. You have to be sweet to her at all times or b mode comes out. Teenage years are not going to be pleasant. She isn’t the b word, she is a beast.

Glad you clarified that. Was about to be like "sc302 is straight up savage!" :laugh:

12 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Except those with subscriptions.  Think they can go back to Playboy and say I don’t want this issue and would like a credit for it? Unlikely.  What is that if not pushing?

13 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

It determines gender bro. Try as you might, you can’t change fact. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sc302 said:

I am offended emoji14.png

I’m there in the teenage years and totally relate. 

I think the agenda of lgbt is being pushed by the mainstream media.  

Who am I to judge who or what you have invited into your bedroom. I don’t want it in my face. I don’t want it in what I watch or in what I read. If I am interested let me find it.

I like fishing; do you see fishing in every tv show, magazine, movie, or every other possible media source available? It is sometimes mentioned or brought up, it is sometimes referenced to. If I really want all day and night fishing there are magazines and shows dedicated to it. Is fishing forced on everyone, is it in everyone’s face, does it make you feel less of a person because you aren’t into it or you don’t like it....no it doesn’t.

2 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Is everyone still offended?

7i480g1.jpg

:rolleyes::p 

What I find more surprising is how blatantly childish and immature some users in this thread are, calling out others over a dislike emote, like WTAF, how old or mature are some of these longstanding members???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Except those with subscriptions.  Think they can go back to Playboy and say I don’t want this issue and would like a credit for it? Unlikely.  What is that if not pushing?

It determines gender bro. Try as you might, you can’t change fact. 

Skip the pages with her pictures then. You're not paying for a Playboy subscription just for the pictures and certainly not for one model. 

It determines part of the gender. but again, the body is a LOT more than an X and a Y. I assume you understand what a gene and Genome is. 

Or by your logic, everyone would be identical male and females with no different features, ideas or psychology. 

35 minutes ago, sc302 said:

I think the agenda of lgbt is being pushed by the mainstream media.  

Who am I to judge who or what you have invited into your bedroom. I don’t want it in my face. I don’t want it in what I watch or in what I read. If I am interested let me find it.

I like fishing; do you see fishing in every tv show, magazine, movie, or every other possible media source available? It is sometimes mentioned or brought up, it is sometimes referenced to. If I really want all day and night fishing there are magazines and shows dedicated to it. Is fishing forced on everyone, is it in everyone’s face, does it make you feel less of a person because you aren’t into it or you don’t like it....no it doesn’t.

And playboy is using her as ONE of their female models in ONE of their magazines, that is about much more than just nude pictures, which is a small part of the magazine. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Skip the pages with her pictures then. You're not paying for a Playboy subscription just for the pictures and certainly not for one model. 

It determines part of the gender. but again, the body is a LOT more than an X and a Y. I assume you understand what a gene and Genome is. 

Or by your logic, everyone would be identical male and females with no different features, ideas or psychology. 

Who are you to decide what people are paying for in a subscription?

My logic is sound. What you identify does not change your chromosomes. That is a fact and I’m sorry, your personal feelings about it doesn’t change a thing. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Who are you to decide what people are paying for in a subscription?

My logic is sound. What you identify does not change your chromosomes. That is a fact and I’m sorry, your personal feelings about it doesn’t change a thing. 

They're free to quit their subscription if they can't skip one-2 pages with one model,

Saying chromosomes doesn't change how genes work no matter how many times you say it. 

And playboy is using her as ONE of their female models in ONE of their magazines, that is about much more than just nude pictures, which is a small part of the magazine. 

Again forced. 1 or 20 is irrelevant.

I am not saying they can’t have a magazine. I am saying they shouldn’t be in a magazine that caters to a certain demographic.

Let’s be very clear here, I don’t subscribe to it or buy it on the newsstand. I don’t feel that people should be forced to receive something that they didn’t expect when they signed up for a service or subscription. I don’t feel people should buy something when the expectation is for something else...while you have choice on the newsstand, many can be caught off guard if they don’t pay attention to media outlets or topics in forums, such like this.

• Like 3

Figured this would hurt Playboy.  I have nothing against transgendered people but people buy Playboy because of the pictures.   I don't think a lot of hetero people will be happy about this and some may be disgusted by it.

To each their own I guess.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

They're free to quit their subscription if they can't skip one-2 pages with one model,

Saying chromosomes doesn't change how genes work no matter how many times you say it. 

Has nothing to do with one-2 pages, one model. It has nothing to do with buying or not buying, it has to do with trust. For a lot of the heterosexual males who subscribe or purchase this magazine, that trust may have just been broken, at the mere attempt, idea of. Trust is a very hard thing to get back.

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Figured this would hurt Playboy.  I have nothing against transgendered people but people buy Playboy because of the pictures.   I don't think a lot of hetero people will be happy about this and some may be disgusted by it.

To each their own I guess.

You really think people pay lots of money just for a handful of semi nude pictures in a magazine ?

There is choice then there is what junk you have been given before you had thought.

Something to ponder....if there wasn’t an agenda, if it weren’t pushed, how many would there actually be? If people were to freely chose what they wanted, would there be more or less.

Peer pressure and the pressure to chose is real. Manipulation in one way or the other is real. Saying it is ok to be who you are is one thing, saying you have to like it and be it is something totally different.

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Has nothing to do with one-2 pages, one model. It has nothing to do with buying or not buying, it has to do with trust. For a lot of the heterosexual males who subscribe or purchase this magazine that trust may have been broken, at the mere attempt, idea of.

Must hurt to be that insecure about yourself though...

2 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

You really think people pay lots of money just for a handful of semi nude pictures in a magazine ?

More so than the articles.  Anyone saying they buy PB for the articles are afraid to be labeled a pervert.

Just now, sc302 said:

There is choice then there is what junk you have been given before you had thought.

Something to ponder....if there wasn’t an agenda, if it weren’t pushed, how many would there actually be? If people were to freely chose what they wanted, would there be more or less.

Peer pressure and the pressure to chose is real. Manipulation in one way or the other is real. Saying it is ok to be who you are is one thing, saying you have to like it and be it is something totally different.

And when your brain genetically and biologically says that you're not supposed to have that junk between your legs. the option is to remove it or live with a life long crushing depression because you can't be who you really are. 

Just now, techbeck said:

More so than the articles.  Anyone saying they by PB for the articles are afraid to be labeled a pervert.

Maybe you shoudl look at the archives of old free PB's and have a look. the majority of the mag is articles  and the pics you can get for free better.

1 minute ago, HawkMan said:

Maybe you shoudl look at the archives of old free PB's and have a look. the majority of the mag is articles  and the pics you can get for free better.

I am not denying there are a lot of articles.  I am just questioning that is what most people buy them for. And yes, you can get better pics online as well as read better articles.  But people still buy printed magazines.

2 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

And when your brain genetically and biologically says that you're not supposed to have that junk between your legs. the option is to remove it or live with a life long crushing depression because you can't be who you really are. 

To quote Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Biology is science. Genetics is science. Science is definitive. They define what you are prior to having a thought.

Anything else is based on feeling. Feelings can be changed and manipulated. But feelings are ultimately your own. How you chose to live is fine by me. Don’t force your choice on me, I will accept the choices you make for yourself but don’t consider me a problem if I don’t want it in my face.

3 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

And you could argue that sales figures of this issue could be used to gauge that demand...

Such a magazine already exists, has done so for 20 years now. 

This is not the first time a trans woman has appeared in Playboy, there have been others in other countries, and even some trans models go under the radar in other magazines.

I stand by my earlier remark, many comments on this thread are disgusting, bigoted, and archaic. How pathetic it must be to be so insecure that some pictures of a woman in a magazine are causing you to feel it's forced upon you.

I've been a member of this site for such a long time and i've been a sub repeatedly, and the responses in here make me unlikely to ever subscribe again.  My partner is a trans woman and I cannot support a site that clearly would not welcome her participation