Are you umpire material?

Can you quote me an example of that, please? It's a little bizarre. The guy's not in the box, but he can run to first. Sounds sketchy. :s

Even though he is not in the box, the play is live. The batter could even jump into the box and hit the ball. It is live. Therefore all rules still apply. So if the cather misses the ball on strike 3, the batter can run to first.

If the batter turns and walks most of the way towards his dugout after a dropped third strike, can he still try to run to first?

Sure can.

In fact, if a player misses home and sits in the dugout, he can go back and touch home.

Sure can.

In fact, if a player misses home and sits in the dugout, he can go back and touch home.

2 different things, if the batter actually makes it to the steps, he can't try to take the base.

With a count of 0-2, the batter steps out of the batter's box while the pitcher is in his windup. The pitcher delivers the pitch anyway; the pitch does not enter the strike zone. What is your call?

With a count of 0-2, the batter steps out of the batter's box while the pitcher is in his windup. The pitcher delivers the pitch anyway; the pitch does not enter the strike zone. What is your call?

Ball.

Here is my question. Maybe you know the answer, cause I am unsure.

If two players get into a fist fight as the managers exchange lineups, can these players be ejected?

I would say no...

edit: thats correct silly

Here is my question. Maybe you know the answer, cause I am unsure.

If two players get into a fist fight as the managers exchange lineups, can these players be ejected?

I would say no...

edit: thats correct silly

I would say yes, just because I would grab the lineup to gain full control!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!

If a runner is on base and is hit by a fair ball, is he out?

If a runner is touching his base when touched by an Infield Fly, he is not out.

Maybe I'm confused on terminology, but this seems to say that a person on a base hit by a ball is not out, but you say that's not true. What confuses me is you seem to quote something that says "They're not out" then say "They're out. This says so."

Maybe I'm confused on terminology, but this seems to say that a person on a base hit by a ball is not out, but you say that's not true. What confuses me is you seem to quote something that says "They're not out" then say "They're out. This says so."

The only cases when a base runner is not out when hit by a ball are; when the ball has passed a fielder or when the runner is standing on his base and is hit during an Infield Fly rule call. Any other time, the runner can be standing on the base and be called out if the ball touches him, if it has not had a chance to be fielded by a defensive player. Hope that clears it up.