February desktops

whoa you got a nice set of icons....though you state various, is there a place where we can get your icons?

Unless I am a complete moron, that looks like the orbital set to me. I'm too lazy to dig for a link, but you can search it...its bound to be here somewhere

ok. im new to this whole thing.

what programs do you guys use for themes if any?

or where do you get the themes?

Tons of people make themes...and to use them, all you have to do is edit a Windows XP system file called uxtheme.dll...there are auto-patchers available here at Neowin...just search for uxtheme.dll auto patcher..and you'll find it...

Then head to themexp.org...or try out some of the themes located here at Neowin :)

ok. im new to this whole thing.

what programs do you guys use for themes if any?

or where do you get the themes?

Tons of people make themes...and to use them, all you have to do is edit a Windows XP system file called uxtheme.dll...there are auto-patchers available here at Neowin...just search for uxtheme.dll auto patcher..and you'll find it...

Then head to themexp.org...or try out some of the themes located here at Neowin :)

i have uxtheme.dll e-mail me .... if you want ldy@army.com

and you can get theme-----

www.themexp.org

DeskMod

Deviantart

Stardock

WinCustomize

I had longhorn on my comp at one time and it had the evaluation copy text stuff down in the bottom right hand corner, and now i am seing people with text down there for windows xp. I was wondering how i could do that on my comp.

I had longhorn on my comp at one time and it had the evaluation copy text stuff down in the bottom right hand corner, and now i am seing people with text down there for windows xp. I was wondering how i could do that on my comp.

Why do people want do this? Oh well, go here...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/dow...s/powertoys.asp

...and download TweakUI from the right hand side menu. Then when you run it, select "General" in the left and on the right a scroll box will appear. Scroll down to the bottom and tick "Show Windows version on desktop".... go crazy :pirate:

yea I had that on mine and I wanted to take it out. I was told that the reason for that is windows media player had installed a older version that displayed the windows version on the bottom right hand corner. I had to reformat to get rid of it.

yea I had that on mine and I wanted to take it out. I was told that the reason for that is windows media player had installed a older version that displayed the windows version on the bottom right hand corner. I had to reformat to get rid of it.

Well now you don't have to reformat to get rid of the Win version on your desktop... just grab that program I referred to above and you can turn it on and off all you like (Y)

,Feb 16 2004, 09:42] Well now you don't have to reformat to get rid of the Win version on your desktop... just grab that program I referred to above and you can turn it on and off all you like (Y)

No that didn't work. Nor did the reg hax so I had to reformat.

DarkLordSouron, I totally agree with your signiture. I'm glad to see someone actually brought that out!

That sig pic with Ed Norton (of Fight Club etc fame) in it has been doing the rounds on internet forums since the dawn of time... or rather since shortly after the film Fight Club came out... :pirate: (Y)