February desktops

take a chill pill man, infact...

... take two.

PS> "assholey" is not a word :rolleyes:

"Assholey" may not be a word, but there's also no such thing as a chill pill. By the way, you don't have to make Visual Styles for everyone if you release just one.

You wouldn't happen to know what Dazzla used to get his icons Tiled on his desktop, do you?

Quick question: How the hell do I get rid of the recycle bin? I've looked everywhere but can't find anything.

Also, how would I go about removing the program list on the start menu? Looks pretty fugly with no programs there, just a huge chunk of space.

Quick question: How the hell do I get rid of the recycle bin? I've looked everywhere but can't find anything.

Also, how would I go about removing the program list on the start menu? Looks pretty fugly with no programs there, just a huge chunk of space.

Remove recycle bin: (assuming you have xp pro and not home)....start -> run -> gpedit.msc

User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Desktop -> Remove recycle bin icon from desktop set to enabled... (see attached pic)

Remove recycle bin: (assuming you have xp pro and not home)....start -> run -> gpedit.msc

also Tweakui can remove it. Anytime you wanna remove a windows annoyance, most likely the answer is Tweakui. :)

Here's mine after a long time of not posting.

Icons: G.A.N.T

Visual Style: Azure

Wallpaper: Blue Yellow Lego PC

Winamp: Azure

WMP: Azure

IM: Miranda IM, customized with OpusOS icons and running ICQ/MSN protocols only using about 100kb of ram!

where I can get that wallpaper???

Yes, I agree that not releasing a VS is a bit lame. I mean, why?

so his feelings won't get hurt when we all realise that the theme sucks and practically nobody but the people who collect themes downloads it. This way he thinks he is better than us by "not letting us" have his POS theme.

Tile in the menu is a shell32.dll hack from virtualplastic.net:

http://wint.virtualplastic.net/showtweak.php?tweak_id=15

Title is also a shell32 hack. My menu 218 in shell32 looks like this:

218 MENUEX
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
{
POPUP "", 0, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED, 0
{
	MENUITEM "Show &Desktop Icons", 29698, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
	POPUP "View", 0, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED, 0
	{
  MENUITEM "Tile&s", 28718, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
  MENUITEM "Ico&ns", 28713, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
  MENUITEM "", 65535, MFT_SEPARATOR, MFS_ENABLED
  MENUITEM "&Choose Details...", 28723, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
	}
}
}

The choose details option allows me to choose "Title" which gets rid of the crap on the side of the tiles.

This seems pretty assholey if you ask me. You post the same visual style over and over just with a different wallpaper and say "not releasing it." The whole point of showing your desktop is to show people what they can do to theirs, not to say "haha i made this and unlike every other skinner out there, i am keeping this to myself". Just my two cents.

PS> Looks like your curved edges didn't work. Your "transparency" on the right corners of your windows where the edge curves is white instead of transparent.

lol. I'll send you the theme. It's called Luna.

I was noticing the same thing. I just didn't want to say anything. He posts screenshots using the same SLIGHTLY modified Luna and states it's BY him and he's not going to release it multiple times a month. Does anyone really even want it? I mean seriously, come on. Anyone that checks out the desktop threads knows you're not going to release your holy theme by now. NO ONE WANTS IT

Love your desktops Dazzla :D

Is there any chance you would put your shell32.dll up somewhere? :lazy: :p

Also when I try to make my small icons start menu have an image up the side it doesn't work, and the option 'have an image when it's set on small icons" - or whatever is greyed out.

Seems I can't edit anymore, so I'll quote my post and add more to it. ;p