Captain Marvel

I might be the only one who's started to grow tired of the MCU, I mean I'll probably see this when it's out on video, I doubt I'll rush to the theater to see it though.   

1 hour ago, DConnell said:

My point exactly! ?

It's a shame really, about the name and stuff, but honestly, I think Shazam is looking like the better movie, or it could just be my DC love skewing things.  

11 minutes ago, George P said:

It's a shame really, about the name and stuff, but honestly, I think Shazam is looking like the better movie, or it could just be my DC love skewing things.  

I think they're both going to be good. It's Shazam I'm really looking forward to, though. From what I've seen it seems rather light-hearted, which is entirely appropriate for Captain Marvel, and a long-overdue break from the doom & gloom in DC's movies.

55 minutes ago, DConnell said:

I think they're both going to be good. It's Shazam I'm really looking forward to, though. From what I've seen it seems rather light-hearted, which is entirely appropriate for Captain Marvel, and a long-overdue break from the doom & gloom in DC's movies.

Yup, it has the tone it should have.   I hope DC can get back on track starting with Aquaman, and maybe do a flash movie to reboot the whole thing.

• 2 months later...

I'll probably see this, but I'm not rushing to the theater to do so, I think I'm starting to have Marvel comic movie burn, or maybe it was how average the last 3 or 4 have been IMO.   At this point the Marvel movie formula that all of these follow has grown stale story wise.  They still look good, they do a great job on the FX and CGI, that's about the only thing keeping them going I think.

5 minutes ago, George P said:

I'll probably see this, but I'm not rushing to the theater to do so, I think I'm starting to have Marvel comic movie burn, or maybe it was how average the last 3 or 4 have been IMO.   At this point the Marvel movie formula that all of these follow has grown stale story wise.  They still look good, they do a great job on the FX and CGI, that's about the only thing keeping them going I think.

I skip every other movie and only watch it when it comes out on disc. Cured my burn out. Longer period between movies then.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget a sneak peak of more of this airs during the National Championship game Monday night the 7th!! Don't miss it.. most likely be more exciting than watching the teams play.

Not feeling this at all. Will still watch it as well as end-game, but after that I will wait til they hit the free to air networks. I have already missed Deadpool2, Venom and into the spiderverse from the other cinematic universes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not interested in this as much as some others might be, now that Disney has xmen back from it's fox buy comic fans should know what happens to captain marvel later on.   I don't know if that's the way they'll take it but it would be something they have to do if they want to bring in xmen post endgame to the MCU.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:50 AM, George P said:

I'm not interested in this as much as some others might be, now that Disney has xmen back from it's fox buy comic fans should know what happens to captain marvel later on.   I don't know if that's the way they'll take it but it would be something they have to do if they want to bring in xmen post endgame to the MCU.

I don't know about what happens but if the character sticks around or not because I haven't read the comics but it probably depends on how well her movies do.

But at this point they've pretty much shown they can't really do any wrong as far as the MCU goes.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, George P said:

Well, Captain Marvel was never really as popular as Rogue, at least in the animated universe...

19 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Well, Captain Marvel was never really as popular as Rogue, at least in the animated universe...

Yeah, that's true, but if they do want to link X-Men and the MCU post endgame that's probably the best way to do it I think.