Captain Marvel

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw the website, man that brought me back to the glory days, using geocities or angelfire and tying that into a shorter url via cjb.net. All that site is missing is the good ole popular iframe, LOL.

Anyone who has been paying attention to this movie knows things aren't going well...

I wonder how others feel about this? Personally I'll be skipping this movie despite wanting to see it initially. Maybe I'll go see Alita again this weekend, instead.

Why Jude Law is Green?

like green lanten movie

ff.thumb.png.7dabaa0f76c56c76a370073b799cfe87.png

2 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Anyone who has been paying attention to this movie knows things aren't going well...

I wonder how others feel about this? Personally I'll be skipping this movie despite wanting to see it initially. Maybe I'll go see Alita again this weekend, instead.

For me, Captain Marvel (or Ms Marvel as she SHOULD be known), has only ever served one purpose in the Marvel universe.  To serve as a battery designed purely for the purpose of powering up Rogue!

54 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

For me, Captain Marvel (or Ms Marvel as she SHOULD be known), has only ever served one purpose in the Marvel universe.  To serve as a battery designed purely for the purpose of powering up Rogue!

Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel are two different characters!

14 minutes ago, Xahid said:

No. The Captain Marvel we have now is the original Ms Marvel, who took up the name after the original Captain Mar-Vell died.  The CURRENT Ms Marvel is a different person indeed, but as far as I'm aware, the Captain Marvel in the movie is Carol Danvers, thus making her the original Ms Marvel, who's fate is to spend many years in a coma after Rogue absorbs her powers. :p

Also, I'm almost 50 dude. I stopped reading comics a loooooooong time ago and don't tend to keep up to date on all the changes over the last decade or so; especially of very minor characters like Marvel.  I'm a grumpy old fart who gets annoyed when they keep changing stuff!

• Like 2

I don't know if the movie is going to be good or not but the critic reviews are the same as every other MCU movie before it, which really makes me wonder about this thing. 

6 hours ago, George P said:

the critic reviews are the same as every other MCU movie before it, which really makes me wonder about this thing. 

A number of review sites are ultimately controlled by the studio parent company those independent  know if they're eaten up after giving negative aka honest reviews they won't be reviewing anything. None of the comic book movies have been decent for some time as they're all pre-planned and linked together everyone has forgotten about telling a decent standalone story, like episodic television everything needs to be a build up to the next big thing.

Given box office predictions for this one have been written down multiple times it will no doubt be heralded a success in the media even as the studio licks it's wounds.

15 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

No. The Captain Marvel we have now is the original Ms Marvel, who took up the name after the original Captain Mar-Vell died.  The CURRENT Ms Marvel is a different person indeed, but as far as I'm aware, the Captain Marvel in the movie is Carol Danvers, thus making her the original Ms Marvel, who's fate is to spend many years in a coma after Rogue absorbs her powers. :p

Also, I'm almost 50 dude. I stopped reading comics a loooooooong time ago and don't tend to keep up to date on all the changes over the last decade or so; especially of very minor characters like Marvel.  I'm a grumpy old fart who gets annoyed when they keep changing stuff!

Captain Marvel was always a man, even after Mar-Vell died, he had a kid, a boy... Ms Marvel is different character... a lot of the bad critics Disney and Captain Marvel movie has been getting over the last few weeks, and why Rotten tomato started filtering reviews is because of the decision to make Ms Marvel - Captain Marvel, actually to have a woman being the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe...

I would have cared less if Disney did it as a spin on the story and had some explanation... but they decided to put a political spin on it... and so did Brie Larson as she requested to have female critics from the press and not man reviewing the movie.... I guess the movie is aimed at making women happy?

2 hours ago, Euphoria said:

Captain Marvel was always a man, even after Mar-Vell died, he had a kid, a boy... Ms Marvel is different character... a lot of the bad critics Disney and Captain Marvel movie has been getting over the last few weeks, and why Rotten tomato started filtering reviews is because of the decision to make Ms Marvel - Captain Marvel, actually to have a woman being the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe...

I would have cared less if Disney did it as a spin on the story and had some explanation... but they decided to put a political spin on it... and so did Brie Larson as she requested to have female critics from the press and not man reviewing the movie.... I guess the movie is aimed at making women happy?

There is more to it than that. She also wants an all female Avengers. And of course she think she deserves to be the star of the show.

3 hours ago, trag3dy said:

There is more to it than that. She also wants an all female Avengers. And of course she think she deserves to be the star of the show.

They really should ban these actors from making politically based speeches when they're supposed to be promoting the movie...

6 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

They really should ban these actors from making politically based speeches when they're supposed to be promoting the movie...

If only. And maybe if this movie tanks Disney will learn their lesson and unfortunately the hard way.

His tldw; it's just an okay movie, not mind blowing but not super terrible. Probably the worst MCU movie. And it also promotes a feminist agenda (males are bad, mmkay).

The mid credit scene also apparently presents concerns for Endgame.

Edit: I just looked up spoilers for the post credit scene and I'm not sure if I should say any more.

I wasn't planning to go see this in the theaters but a friend invited me so I'll be seeing it Sunday night.   I'm not expecting anything great, from what I've heard from revies it's an average MCU movie, more like the original phase 1 stuff.

On 3/6/2019 at 3:10 AM, Xahid said:

Wow. So many typos on that page. "Ms. Marvell". "Billy Baston", The info is correct for the most part. They vastly simplified Carol's background, of course.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:26 PM, FloatingFatMan said:

Best if entertainment types just skipped political commentary completely

celeb opinions.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

Best if entertainment types just skipped political commentary completely

celeb opinions.jpg

Yeah cos Mark Wahlberg is a paragon of virtue who we should listen to. The guy doesn't deserve one iota of the success he's had.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Yeah cos Mark Wahlberg is a paragon of virtue who we should listen to. The guy doesn't deserve one iota of the success he's had.

As the liberal virtue of analyzing someone's childhood and judging them on something they did  30+ years ago for the rest of their lives, because they dont like what their current viewpoints are, is the right thing to do... 🙄

• Like 3

Just now, Euphoria said:

As the liberal virtue of analyzing someone's childhood and judging them for the rest of their lives, because they dont like what they say what their current viewpoints are, is the right thing to do... 🙄

There's overreacting to childhood misdemeanours, but the guy is scum and only showed pennance when it benefited his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Human.Online said:

There's overreacting to childhood misdemeanours, but the guy is scum and only showed pennance when it benefited his career.

And you know he is scum because you know him personally.... so easy to throw judgments around...

29 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

And you know he is scum because you know him personally.... so easy to throw judgments around...

And it's equally as easy to take the other side of the argument without any knowledge also.  However, his activities are well documented.  So it seems I am at least more informed than you.

26 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

And it's equally as easy to take the other side of the argument without any knowledge also.  However, his activities are well documented.  So it seems I am at least more informed than you.

Well here we are talking about recent, last week interviews with Brie Larson on the Captain Marvel movie... and then you are referring to incident that happened in 1986 when Mark Wahlberg was a teenager, and saying that he is a scumbag because you know the details of the incident... maybe equivalent to Kevin Hart's homophobic tweet from 2009, but this is another 20 years in the past... at what point in your life do you really get defined as a person? Is life a learning experience do people grow based on past experiences? Are you the same person from when you were 15? Or is this digging into everyone's past just a great way of assassinating someone's career to achieve a personal gain

• Like 2