Captain Marvel

1 minute ago, Euphoria said:

at what point in your life do you really get defined as a person?

When you repeatedly show the same behaviour that crosses lines of human decency.

No digging to be done because the only person trying to bury this is Wahlberg when he failed in his bid to be pardoned.  It's all very much known.  And I'd say a homophobic tweet is somewhat different to attempted murder.

3 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

When you repeatedly show the same behaviour that crosses lines of human decency.

No digging to be done because the only person trying to bury this is Wahlberg when he failed in his bid to be pardoned.  It's all very much known.  And I'd say a homophobic tweet is somewhat different to attempted murder.

Dont have time to do a research on Wahlberg... but have not seen him in recent news, at least past 10-15 years, of being accused of attempted murder... but if you claim to be a Walhberg expert then 'no comments' from my side

Oh no a girl. World ending. Avengers ruined forever.

Movie was decent, not really great, especially if it weren't a MCU movie. 75/100.

Spoiler

They really didn't have much to work with from the source material, and the first bit was really weak. Writing was a bit wonky at times, but I did enjoy the characters through the middle to end of the film. The whole "feminism" thing is really a tired, sad argument. There was a little bit of it, but nothing to be alarmed about. The plentiful 90s references were worse. Was fun watching her beat the absolute holy ###### out of people, being so overpowered.

Maybe one of the other downsides was that I never really felt danger for anyone, partly because it is set in the past and we know what is going to happen, and partly because there is no significant threat anywhere. The final act is basically just her absolutely destroying everything in her path without pause. At absolutely no time did I feel like she was struggling. She's literally having a good time yelling in joy as she just flies through and completely destroys a military space cruiser after just destroying a few dozen ballistic missiles by throwing one at them. On one hand, it is a bit cool seeing it, it is stylistic and well animated. On the other, it can be pretty boring otherwise. The lack of a true villain really hurts.

18 hours ago, Euphoria said:

Dont have time to do a research on Wahlberg...

If you "don't have time" to be informed with regards to what you're talking about, then stop talking?

but if you claim to be a Walhberg expert

Please quote where I claimed this?  Or does simply "being informed" classify someone as an expert to you?

have not seen him in recent news, at least past 10-15 years, of being accused of attempted murder

Thank you for defining your personal statute of limitations.  it mean's literally nothing to anyone but you.  If you watched or read any news, it certainly has been relevant within the past 10-15 years (between 2014 and 2016).

'no comments' from my side

Except those comments that you made, right then.

4 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

If you "don't have time" to be informed with regards to what you're talking about, then stop talking?

Please quote where I claimed this?  Or does simply "being informed" classify someone as an expert to you?

Thank you for defining your personal statute of limitations.  it mean's literally nothing to anyone but you.  If you watched or read any news, it certainly has been relevant within the past 10-15 years (between 2014 and 2016).

Please folks, this is pathetic. "You this", you that". There is no need for personal attacks. You have a difference of opinion: just accept that. Now let's get back on topic. No one opens a "Captain Marvel" topic to get thrown into some fight about an actor who didn't even feature in the movie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Please folks, this is pathetic. "You this", you that". There is no need for personal attacks. You have a difference of opinion: just accept that. Now let's get back on topic. No one opens a "Captain Marvel" topic to get thrown into some fight about an actor who didn't even feature in the movie.

That's absolutely fine, but when someone tries to put words in my mouth and misquote me, I will pick them up on it - exactly the same as I would in person.

3 hours ago, Human.Online said:

Could you please give it a rest? This thread is about Captain Marvel, not your hate boner for Mark Wahlberg.

Saw the movie last night.  It was kinda OK I guess, but I really hated them make Fury go all ga ga over a puddy tat... I'm sorry, but that right there, lopped his balls right off...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Could you please give it a rest? This thread is about Captain Marvel, not your hate boner for Mark Wahlberg.

This was rested above.  But thanks for quoting!

3 hours ago, Human.Online said:

That's absolutely fine, but when someone tries to put words in my mouth and misquote me, I will pick them up on it - exactly the same as I would in person.

ROFL, go pick your bone with Walhberg, it seems like you really hate him... not here to help you with anger issues...

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Saw the movie last night.  It was kinda OK I guess, but I really hated them make Fury go all ga ga over a puddy tat... I'm sorry, but that right there, lopped his balls right off...

I was planing on seeing it on Sunday... but now thinking it over...

17 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

not here to help you with anger issues...

Just here to keep commenting on things you admit you know nothing about.  Gotcha.  And you suggest I've got issues...

• Facepalm 2

Will be watching it in about 6 hours IMAX showing..  Its a Marvel movie with Avengers tie in.. doesn't matter to me if it isn't awesome or not its a must see.

So I'll enjoy it I'm sure.

1 hour ago, sava700 said:

Will be watching it in about 6 hours IMAX showing..  Its a Marvel movie with Avengers tie in.. doesn't matter to me if it isn't awesome or not its a must see.

So I'll enjoy it I'm sure.

Thats cool, i'll go if they have it here :)

I plan to see it this weekend.  I don't miss too many with Samual Jackson.

Got to see the movie last night and I thought it was fantastic. It had a very different vibe to other movies in the MCU, which worked really well. It was really great to see Samuel L Jackson in a starring role and the de-aging tech was a major step up from previous MCU films. Certainly better than Black Panther, which I found didn't live up to the hype.

I really didn't care much for the MCU when it first started out, with the exception of the original Iron Man. But the latest films have gone from strength to strength and Captain Marvel continues that trend.

1 hour ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

the de-aging tech was a major step up from previous MCU films

The face on RDJ in Iron Man 3 was just weird

1 hour ago, Human.Online said:

The face on RDJ in Iron Man 3 was just weird

Yeah, that was particularly bad.

• Like 1

Ok reporting back - Great movie! IMAX showing was just flat out awesome!  They did just as they did in the other character movies and told the story...told the story to bring them up to speed at this time.

Can't wait for End Game now!

• Like 2

Just saw this too. I think that the last 1/3 of the movie was the best. And the post-credit teaser was interesting too.  I'd give it a 6/10 also.

Came here to see what everyone thought of the movie then realized neowin is full of women hating incels lol 😆.

Anyway, thought the movie was great 9/10 only because some of the dialog was corny but it had it all! Cannot wait until Endgame!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 3:23 AM, FloatingFatMan said:

No. The Captain Marvel we have now is the original Ms Marvel, who took up the name after the original Captain Mar-Vell died.  The CURRENT Ms Marvel is a different person indeed, but as far as I'm aware, the Captain Marvel in the movie is Carol Danvers, thus making her the original Ms Marvel, who's fate is to spend many years in a coma after Rogue absorbs her powers. :p

Also, I'm almost 50 dude. I stopped reading comics a loooooooong time ago and don't tend to keep up to date on all the changes over the last decade or so; especially of very minor characters like Marvel.  I'm a grumpy old fart who gets annoyed when they keep changing stuff!

True there, Floating - the infamous Bridge Brawl.  (Said Brawl didn't exactly do ROGUE any favors, either - compare Rogue pre-Brawl to Rogue post-Brawl.)  While she didn't go into a coma, the effects on Rogue were FAR from inconsequential.

4 minutes ago, 0sit0 said:

Came here to see what everyone thought of the movie then realized neowin is full of women hating incels lol 😆.

Anyway, thought the movie was great 9/The reviews (so far10 only because some of the dialog was corny but it had it all! Cannot wait until Endgame!

The reviews on Captain Marvel (even before the movie's release) are just as anti-movie - and in large part due to an intepretation of the message as being overly pro-feminist - way more so than "Wonder Woman".  When you do that (overdo the messaging) with any movie, you tend to open yourself up to such Mjolnir-driven sledging - look at the trends between "Star Wars: A New Hope" and "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back" - nine years in frigging length - driven by ONE movie - "Annie Hall".  (All "Annie Hall" did was keep "A New Hope" from becoming another "Ben Hur" and brooming its nomination categories; still, "A New Hope" DID go seven for ten - which no movie since has done.)

Caught it. Totally not a feminist movie at all. It’s a comic book movie where the lead protagonist HAPPENS TO BE FEMALE (gasp). 

Quite troubling how much this challenges people. Speaks volumes about them, certainly more than the movie.

So lets see, in the 20 or so films in the MCU, this is the first with a female lead. Statistically it’s lower than gender representation of real life.